Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Firmware for Phantom series Remote Control
18477 245 2016-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kirk2579
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-27 06:12
We have tested the new RC firmware and here is the test video link.https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1ouimt ...

Mindy

2 days ago my shield updated to 3.01
same day I had reverted my RC to 1.6

P3p
original style
gl300a controller
shield k1

I don't know it is the 1.6 or the 3.01
took a test flight in same area as the previous one days earlier that was totally crappy video stream.

so for now I can say it appears to be fine using those above app and fw version
the VIDEO WAS PEFECT this time
maybe one day ill update the rc FW again to see which of the 2 actually helped...

thanks

Bob

2016-10-27
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-10-27 10:05
Mindy,

I think quite a number of people already have posted those videos.  The issue becomes that ...

very true
and obvious to most of users that have been around a while for sure.

thus my asking for a basic setup app for the main features in a stand alone LITE version

that way they can have a dedicated app that stays relatively clean

and have the full app for the full kitchen sink users!
2016-10-27
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2016-10-25 23:44
inside the gimbal there is an added gpu for the pro that is why it has the fan vs advanced

its wh ...

Thanks.. I think we're talking the same thing, just maybe some semantics. By "Gimbal" I meant the arms, screw and motor attachments, etc.  Yes, the board on the top part of the gimbal controls the added fan. Looking at that though, I believe that the attachment point for the fan is there on the 2.7 version of that board, but obviously not attached to anything.  Likewise, there is a board in the camera body itself.  I'm not sure "which" tells the Aircraft and Remote that the 4K is available as it is also the same lens.  In other words, I've never tried an Advanced Camera board with a Pro Main Gimbal board (on top) to see if it becomes a "Professional" camera (according the software and RC)...  It would be an interesting test though.  :-)
2016-10-27
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2016-10-27 22:35
very true
and obvious to most of users that have been around a while for sure.

Kirk,

Agreed..  I can't imagine the number of decision trees in all this code that may be necessary given the permutations of hardware and software..  All it takes is one line of code where an assumption is made that the code is common to all hardware to throw things off.. It's truly a feat (and me that as a complement) that these things get off the ground with the regularity that they do..
2016-10-27
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-10-27 11:44
Thanks.. I think we're talking the same thing, just maybe some semantics. By "Gimbal" I meant the  ...

you can swap the complete gimbal and camera assembly from the the pro and put on an advanced phantom.

once you change that out and update the fw to pro fw  you will have a pro full featured.

the difference is in that alumin body gimbal unit--added circuitry and gpu for faster processing.

gimbal = alum body that the camera is attached to under quad where fan is on pro and has a mini usb and sd card slot
2016-10-27
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-10-27 11:51
Kirk,

Agreed..  I can't imagine the number of decision trees in all this code that may be necessar ...

I agree

but slowly it appears to be catching up as they try to expand so fast

think how Norton and MacAfee etc all went from simple AV to full blown suites that ended up slowing down everyones pc's for years....
don't see them as much anymore.....
2016-10-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Dr. One Posted at 2016-10-25 23:07
i am using a galaxy Note 4 and/or Note 5 and/or Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 version - all of which worked ...

Sorry for the late reply.
Your video is not available,could you please upload it again?
2016-10-27
Use props
nollzr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 728235 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just flew my p3p today with the new controller update. Wow...it was junk! I got purple green and black digitized screen. Very choppy. Dji app and phantom firmware all up undated. Using galaxy s5. I just downgraded controller back to 1.6 and everything seems good again so far. Dont upgrade the rc until this issue is fixed
2016-10-27
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

All,

Unless I'm reading or missing things, this seems to be hitting Android devices (unless I missed an IOS device in the mix).  Is that true?  Anyone on IOS (including the latest IOS) having the same issue. Getting ready to do a job and staying on 1.6 for now.

2016-10-28
Use props
imovetheearth48
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-14 10:35
Please try to restart the app and make sure the device is connect to network successfully.
If you st ...

Mindy....personally I don't update until the DJI GO app prompts me too. Isn"t this the way the updating should be done?
2016-10-28
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
Ireland

What is the official version i should see in the ABOUT box of the DJI GO App

I have the P4 and see the following:
APP 3.01
VERSION 01.02.0503
REMOTE CONTROLLER N/A

Any idea why Remote Controller is N/A
2016-10-29
Use props
vr-pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4668169 ft

nollzr Posted at 2016-10-28 14:09
Just flew my p3p today with the new controller update. Wow...it was junk! I got purple green and bla ...

Same here!
Flew my new replacement P3P today for the first time and (unfortunately) updated the RC before. The video stream is a mess of digital artifacts all the time no matter how great the distance is...
HD transmission worked fine before this update with my S7 phone and S2 tablet...
Had the first opportunity to fly on this weekend (having back a new replacement P3P) after two weeks, the weather is good and now it is again impossible to use this bird!
I am really not the person getting pissed off easily, but this time I surely am!!!
2016-10-29
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
United States

vr-pilot Posted at 2016-10-29 10:27
Same here!
Flew my new replacement P3P today for the first time and (unfortunately) updated the R ...

see above posts,

bring your rc back to 1.6
very easy and about 15 minutes.

1.8 is useless and needs to be removed period.
it is clearly killing some p3p remote controls units...
2016-10-29
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
United States

FuZZyPiLOT Posted at 2016-10-29 08:07

is the remote and quad on when you checked
2016-10-29
Use props
vr-pilot
lvl.4

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2016-10-29 22:51
see above posts,

bring your rc back to 1.6

Did downgrade the RC to FW 1.6 and the HD transmission now works again as it should.
Annoyingly the "FIRMWARE UPGRADE REQUIRED" red alert and reminder kicks in like a bad joke: with the FW v1.8 I did not even have a few seconds of uninterruptred video feed. Back on RC FW v1.6 I did a ten minutes test flight without a single HD TX glitch!
So how can it be that such a ruinous "update" finds its way to the customer on the field?
I ruined my worthy weekend's saturday by messing around with that green banana ware...

2016-10-29
Use props
lachlanainswort
lvl.1

Australia

Im not game to upgrade yet.
2016-10-29
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
lvl.4
Ireland

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2016-10-29 15:52
is the remote and quad on when you checked

Remote on, quad on

Quad off, only gives me DJI app version
2016-10-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

FuZZyPiLOT Posted at 2016-10-29 20:07

Please try the following button combination to reset the RC:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.
And you could also try to reinstall the DJI GO app.
Please let me know if this helps.
2016-10-29
Use props
Chazzm
lvl.2

United States

Chazzm Posted at 2016-10-16 10:58
I have a Phantom 4 Mindy, I asked about the versions because I'm hearing these people talking abou ...

Hello again, I'm kind of confused a little by your question Mindy, my original text to you said "I have a phantom 4", so you asked me to clarify which model I have? LoL As I stated I'm not having any problems at all with my Phantom 4. From your reply I found my firmware version and have them written down, and everything is up to date. One concern I have is that sometimes the altitude is not correct, I have a couple of times seen the drone at 6 feet in altitude but DJI go app says 42 feet in altitude? Have there been similar issues reported to DJI? I have recalibrate everything and this issue went away for two weeks then happened once more and I had to recalibrate everything again, so far it has not been a problem for me but I do want to make it known and ask if you are aware of other owners having this problem?
2016-10-29
Use props
Chazzm
lvl.2

United States

Sam999 Posted at 2016-10-16 23:39
Still RC update or version not coming out on screen , I did reset tablet , reinstalled dji app. , re ...

I did this just now and it worked fine for me,it showed what version I was at 1.8 and below that there were I think 3 or 4 versions to select from to roll back to, I went back to 1.6.0, after some annoying beeping it was done! I wish the AC was that easy!!!
2016-10-29
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
United States

vr-pilot Posted at 2016-10-29 16:33
Did downgrade the RC to FW 1.6 and the HD transmission now works again as it should.
Annoyingly th ...

glad it worked for you as well,

what model rc is yours? a or b or c
2016-10-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

vr-pilot Posted at 2016-10-29 22:27
Same here!
Flew my new replacement P3P today for the first time and (unfortunately) updated the R ...

Have you recorded a video of the video transmission issue?
2016-10-30
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I have asked before but I do not think DJI replied to my question/suggestion (or maybe I missed the reply):

1. Please change the P4 firmware to allow us to set the streaming video to 4 mbps and Auto. Right now the Auto setting, which is the safest setting to fly, works only at the higher mbps rate. If we can set it to a lower rate, then many of the streaming video pixelation, as well as, streaming video range issue will go away.

2. Please improve the HD channel hoping. In hundreds of hours flying my P4, the channel hoped to another channel in flight only 3 times! And it did not hop in cases when I lost the HD signal. This should be a simple change for the developers.  Once the power level drops to some critical level, then they should keep changing the channel until the signal improves.   

2a) Please add the channel in your DJI GO logs.  I can only see the channel in litchi logs.  But the app does not control the channel once in flight; it is the P4 firmware.
2016-10-30
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-30 05:07

mindy,

when mine was on 1.8 it was at times green bands left to right
at other moments it was color artifacs breaking up across the screen left to tight again

no video of issue , it was to bad to continue flying
and have since reverted to 1.6 and video is great again like prior 11 months
2016-10-30
Use props
vr-pilot
lvl.4

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-30 17:07

Hello Mindy,

yes, here it is:

As I said above: I downgraded from RC FW 1.8 back to 1.6 and everything was fine again instantly.
But that 1.8 "upgrade" really ruined not only parts of my Saturday but also my trust in firmware upgrades that are called "required" by the app itself...

Nevertheless thanks for replying that fast!
DJI has IMO a very good CS! I appreciate it very much!
2016-10-30
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
United States

vr-pilot Posted at 2016-10-30 13:24
Hello Mindy,

yes, here it is:

VR

glad you got that on video, very  much the same on mine
but not the complete washout part, at least to my recall.....

it was instantly bad on update to 1.8
as well as instantly gone on revert to 1.6
2016-10-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

vr-pilot Posted at 2016-10-31 01:24
Hello Mindy,

yes, here it is:

Thanks for your feedback.
Also have you update the DJI GO app to latest version?
And is the firmware up to date on aircraft?
2016-10-30
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
lvl.4
Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-30 02:26
Please try the following button combination to reset the RC:
* Turn on the controller, and the air ...

All steps followed and still cannot tell version of controller.
2016-10-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

FuZZyPiLOT Posted at 2016-10-31 16:46
All steps followed and still cannot tell version of controller.

Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using?
Have you tried to reinstall the DJI GO app?
What's the light on the RC? Green light?
2016-10-31
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
lvl.4
Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-31 09:06
Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using?
Have you tried to reinstall the DJI GO  ...

Samsung A5
Sony X3
Apple iPad Mini
LG G Pad 10.1

Reinstall the App multiple times

Green light on RC.
2016-10-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

FuZZyPiLOT Posted at 2016-10-31 18:08
Samsung A5
Sony X3
Apple iPad Mini

Have you update the RC firmware recently?
This issue happened before the update or just suddenly happened?
2016-10-31
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-31 06:59
This issue happened before the update or just suddenly h ...

Hello Mindy,

Please do not forget to address my post above (I am copying it below as well) before a new page starts and then it goes unnoticed again:

My suggestions, if implemented, may finally solve all these issues and more:

________________________________________________________________________________________
I have asked before but I do not think DJI replied to my question/suggestion (or maybe I missed the reply):

1. Please change the P4 firmware to allow us to set the streaming video to 4 mbps and Auto. Right now the Auto setting, which is the safest setting to fly, works only at the higher mbps rate. If we can set it to a lower rate, then many of the streaming video pixelation, as well as, streaming video range issue will go away.

2. Please improve the HD channel hoping. In hundreds of hours flying my P4, the channel hoped to another channel in flight only 3 times! And it did not hop in cases when I lost the HD signal. This should be a simple change for the developers.  Once the power level drops to some critical level, then they should keep changing the channel until the signal improves.   

2a) Please add the channel in your DJI GO logs.  I can only see the channel in litchi logs.  But the app does not control the channel once in flight; it is the P4 firmware.

2016-10-31
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
lvl.4
Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-31 10:59
This issue happened before the update or just suddenly h ...

I went to update the firmware this morning and couldn't.

When i checked the settings i noticed it wouldn't display what version the controller has.

I haven't updated it since i originally bought the P4 back in June
2016-10-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-10-31 21:04
Hello Mindy,

Please do not forget to address my post above (I am copying it below as well) before  ...

Thanks for your suggestions.
I'll report these to our related team.
2016-10-31
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

FWIW...  I upgraded my 300A (with itelite mod) and 300C (stock) controllers to 1.8 via latest IOS app (but not 10.1 IOS).  DJI GO app and AC FW at latest levels.  Did about 30 minutes flying time on each, several thousand feet of flying and no issues at all.  Still wondering if this is more an Android issue vs. IOS.  I did notice that after the installation the first connection wasn't made and had to restart everything, but from then on all was good..  Don't know if that helps anyone or not..

I did notice though that the cable I was using made a big difference.  Had an Amazon Basics Lightning cable and was getting not artifacts but gltchy stuttering video feed.  As soon as I swapped out to a better cable (I guess better cable) everything was perfectly fine..  Can't say for sure if I'd used that cable before (too many lightning cables around the house).  Using the short 6" one DJI Ken recommended on Amazon..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 7_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2016-11-1
Use props
fans9992c216
lvl.1

Germany

Had no problem till I upgraded,now terrible video streaming and a NOT working Followme.
Using samsung s5/s6 no success
2016-11-1
Use props
T-Rex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 966148 ft
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-1 05:07

Hi DJI Mindy,

I am using an iOS device with a Phantom 3 Adv. My main question is what benefits this new controller upgrade will bring me? Last time I did an upgrade of the aircraft an hardware error came up and I had to return the product for a warranty repair. Therefore I am now a bit reluctant to new upgrade unless they are important.
Thanks
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

T-Rex Posted at 2016-11-2 03:17
Hi DJI Mindy,

I am using an iOS device with a Phantom 3 Adv. My main question is what benefits th ...

Hi, the update is not required. You could use current version if everything is fine.
Here is the update information just as this thread mentioned, for your reference:
1. Improved video stream quality when using GL300A Remote Controller to record 2.7K video.
2.   Enhanced Remote Controller and mobile device connection stability.
2016-11-2
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-3 11:30
Hi, the update is not required. You could use current version if everything is fine.
Here is the u ...

Mindy,

I inferred (maybe incorrectly) that item #2 on that list was across all RC versions or was that also specific to the 300A?  Doesn't matter so much for me as my main RC is the 300A, but just curious.  Seems odd that DJI would release an RC FW upgrade specific only to one RC??

Jay S.
2016-11-3
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-1 00:07

Thanks for replying!

Please let us know if these suggestions will be implemented soon.
2016-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules