Mavic & Camera Backpack
3376 14 2016-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
steven
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1009301 ft
United States

One of the best things (for me) about the Mavic is that I will no longer need to bring two backpacks - one for my drone and one for my mirrorless camera + lenses + accessories + macbook pro + random gear for the day.

What backpacks do you love and plan to use to put the Mavic (safely) and your camera + lenses + + laptop + gear all in one place?
2016-10-13
Use props
tkaye
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Not a backpack, but I plan to use the Thinktank Airport Int'l, a rolling camera suitcase
2016-10-13
Use props
classicalle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Thinktank shoulder bag that I put my DSLR and lenses into. It has two pockets on its sides that are for water bottles, and as you know, the Mavic is supposed to be the size of a water bottle!! So it should carry everything.
2016-10-13
Use props
NoeowzPj9hqX
lvl.1

United States

I'm also in a market for something like this but instead a mavic and an osmo mobile plus batteries, tripods and stuff.
2016-10-13
Use props
dj.trillium
lvl.2

United States

I have the most amazing backpack or to be more precise "sling" just bought and waiting for my mavic to arrive. Really this bag, the lowepro transit sling should have been called the lowepro mavic as its dimensions
fit the mavic perfectly lengthways. I have the compartments set up so it can house my sony NEX cam with 2 lenses + the drone + controller + spare battery and still have another upper compartment for sun glasses, phone, keys, wallet and small pack lunch fitted snugly but easily and as a bonus it has a small padded compartment to fit my ipad pro in! and the thing is tiny compared to the P4 backpack I just got rid of. check it out:   
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lowepro ... s=lowepro+sling+250p.s it also has a tripod holder on the side which I have my gorrilla pod attached to.
2016-10-13
Use props
steven
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1009301 ft
United States

dj.trillium Posted at 2016-10-13 12:15
I have the most amazing backpack or to be more precise "sling" just bought and waiting for my mavic  ...

That bag looks great.  I've personally not used a sling yet but tend to "one-strap" my backpack in some situations.

Do you find that it is stable/comfortable while hiking or doing other adventurous activities (zip-lining, skiing, whatever)?
2016-10-13
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

I will be using my standard backpack (that contains clothing, hydration pack, food, climbing gear, etc).  The Mavic is so small I no longer need an extra large size pack and a special case to accommodate the quad. This is just *HUGE* for me.  In many cases (e.g., long and technical approaches), I previously couldn't pack along a drone but now I will always have one with me.  I can't wait!
2016-10-13
Use props
dj.trillium
lvl.2

steven@madow.co Posted at 2016-10-14 00:26
That bag looks great.  I've personally not used a sling yet but tend to "one-strap" my backpack in ...

Yeah this is my first sling too and it's very stable and solid when on. It's even got a second strap that comes up from the opposite waist side to tighten it further if needed. Perfect for my hiking and mountain biking. Will be taking it to the alps  in a few months too, will see how it performs. I got it for £35 too from parkcameras
2016-10-13
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
Canada

I found these small backpacks at Mountain Warehouse that seem perfect, just waiting to get the Mavic first before I decide which one to get

Mountain Warehouse
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

70challenger Posted at 2016-10-15 04:36
I found these small backpacks at Mountain Warehouse that seem perfect, just waiting to get the Mavic ...

The Mavic/RC/batteries are very small, there should be tons of available carriers for it.
2016-10-14
Use props
F6B-Rider
lvl.2

dj.trillium Posted at 2016-10-14 00:15
I have the most amazing backpack or to be more precise "sling" just bought and waiting for my mavic  ...

I have the Sling 150 and love it, will work great for the Mavic with 3 batteries and charger as well as a tablet.
2016-10-14
Use props
NoeowzPj9hqX
lvl.1

F6B-Rider Posted at 2016-10-15 06:07
I have the Sling 150 and love it, will work great for the Mavic with 3 batteries and charger as we ...

Would there be room for the osmo mobile as well?
2016-10-14
Use props
F6B-Rider
lvl.2

NoeowzPj9hqX Posted at 2016-10-15 07:17
Would there be room for the osmo mobile as well?

Not sure how large the Osmo is, the dimensions for the bag can be found on Amazon, it has a dedicated tablet pouch as well as 2 other pockets, one quite large. Here are the internal dimensions.
Internal Dimensions: 8.1L x 4.3W x 13.8H in. (20.57 x 10.92 x 35.05 cm)
2016-10-14
Use props
djiuser_WLUtZjx
New

Pakistan

Very informative thread.
2017-10-5
Use props
djiuser_WLUtZjx
New

Pakistan

Nice one with vlogging cameras and mirrorless cameras game.
2017-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules