My first update problem in two years.
1549 18 2016-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
atfjan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 195748 ft
United States

After two years with my Inspire I have never had an update issue until now. Here's my saga.
1. Aircraft was up to date with 1.9.1.30 so it was left off as warned.
2. Master controller reported firmware update needed so updated from 1.6.0 to 1.7.4.0 with no problems and connects with aircraft.
3. Slave controller still with 1.6 did not report update needed but now would not connect with aircraft.
4. Performed manual update (I guess you'd call it that) by clicking on the red "not connected" bar in upper left. Then showed firmware update needed. Downloaded and installed 1.7.40 with seemingly no problems but still will not connect with aircraft. In about pane it shows RC version 1.7.40 but still says firmware up date required.
5. I then updated the app to 3.0 on both ipads hoping this would magically fix everything.
End result is master controller working and slave controller dead.
I suppose I am now officially a member of the update headaches posts group that I thought I'd never join.
Any help would be appreciated!

2016-10-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, what LED color are you getting from the Slave RC currently? Try the following button combination to reset the RC:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and you should be able to set the RC as the Slave again.

Let me know if you see any changes.
2016-10-13
Use props
atfjan
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-13 14:44
Just to clarify, what LED color are you getting from the Slave RC currently? Try the following butto ...

The LED was and still is magenta after the three button combination. Still showing aircraft disconnected. I appreciate any and all things to try though. Thanks
2016-10-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

atfjan Posted at 2016-10-14 03:55
The LED was and still is magenta after the three button combination. Still showing aircraft discon ...

Just to make sure, the aircraft and the master RC were off when you tried the button combination on the slave RC, correct? Could you happen to make one more attempt and try keeping those buttons pressed when you power cycle the RC? The goal it to get the LED to change to red for being unlinked. Let me know if there are any changes.
2016-10-13
Use props
atfjan
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-13 16:05
Just to make sure, the aircraft and the master RC were off when you tried the button combination o ...

Yep, both master and AC were off. Tried this twice and still magenta. If I go into RC settings and change it's status to master, I get the red LED but still shows aircraft disconnected and no response when I turned on the AC. Right now I'll try as many ideas as I get as many times as needed. Thanks again!
2016-10-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

atfjan Posted at 2016-10-14 04:30
Yep, both master and AC were off. Tried this twice and still magenta. If I go into RC settings and ...

Try a manual relink with this remote to the Inspire using this button combination:

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

This way, we can see whether it can respond as a Master RC just to troubleshoot further.
2016-10-13
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

The slave RC does not connect with the aircraft entirely , only the video from the Aircraft to the Slave is direct , everything else goes through the Master.  I would delete the slave from the Master ( In remote control settings )  and then Re find the Slave once again and see if it solves the problem.  If you loaded the 1.7 file with no problem and re booted the RC  it should be fine .  
The slave is always a magenta color so I dont get the problem, as long as not Blue or green .  

To delete the slave from the Master just go to remote control settings and tap and hold the  Slave ( indicated by some numbers like mine is R 33908  ) and slide it to the Left , you will then see a delete option in red .  Delete it then , do the "find " procedure on the master again to find the slave .

donnie
2016-10-13
Use props
atfjan
lvl.1
United States

atfjan Posted at 2016-10-13 16:30
Yep, both master and AC were off. Tried this twice and still magenta. If I go into RC settings and ...

I see the term "bricked transmitter" repeatedly in the forum and it's now alarming to me. I cannot believe that updating glitches or even improper sequence of installation (which I don't think I did) could render an RC inoperable. This condition was brought about by updating the master RC when it stated a firmware was required. Should not DJI be responsible to correct this? That's probably a dumb question.
2016-10-13
Use props
atfjan
lvl.1
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-13 17:05
The slave RC does not connect with the aircraft entirely , only the video from the Aircraft to the S ...

Have to go away now but I will definitely try both suggestions later tonight and reply. Thanks everyone for the responses.
2016-10-13
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

atfjan Posted at 2016-10-13 16:12
I see the term "bricked transmitter" repeatedly in the forum and it's now alarming to me. I cannot ...

Read post 7 of mine to you  and give it a go .  This is just how it goes in this Hobby .  It requires alot of work , sorry to say.

donnie
2016-10-13
Use props
atfjan
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-13 16:51
Try a manual relink with this remote to the Inspire using this button combination:

* Turn on both ...

Yes, that much worked! Now have a green LED and connected as a master although that didn't work on first try until I set is as master in RC settings. Where do I go from here?
2016-10-13
Use props
atfjan
lvl.1
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-13 17:05
The slave RC does not connect with the aircraft entirely , only the video from the Aircraft to the S ...

Yes, that much worked! Now have a green LED and connected as a master although that didn't work on first try until I set is as master in RC settings. Where do I go from here?
2016-10-13
Use props
atfjan
lvl.1
United States

atfjan Posted at 2016-10-13 17:12
I see the term "bricked transmitter" repeatedly in the forum and it's now alarming to me. I cannot ...

Okay, I realize now Jamie is replying as DJI. My apologies for the comment about DJI responsibilities. I'm just a little antsy when something doesn't work. Your reply got me on the road to fixing so far. Thanks!
2016-10-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

atfjan Posted at 2016-10-14 06:02
Okay, I realize now Jamie is replying as DJI. My apologies for the comment about DJI responsibilit ...

I understand that the frustration. I would try Donnie's suggestion to see if this alleviates the issue. While you have it as a master RC, can you confirm whether the RC still appears to be up to date?
2016-10-13
Use props
atfjan
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-13 20:39
I understand that the frustration. I would try Donnie's suggestion to see if this alleviates the i ...

Okay I'm not sure how but I think I (we) got it all working.
I had to re- link the master with the AC which I suppose un-linked the slave posing as master with the AC (which was done to troubleshoot). That then opened a search for master selection in blue on the slave's screen. Did the search and entered the password and voila! Everything "appears" to be working. Master fires up aircraft and slave has full gimbal controls. Being almost midnight I chose not to make a test flight in my basement. Tomorrow I will make a cautious test flight in an open field. I'm anticipating being a happy flyer again and will post the results. A huge, huge thanks to Jamie and Donnie for their help!
2016-10-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Great to hear! Thanks for the update. Please keep us posted on how the flight went.
2016-10-13
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

atfjan Posted at 2016-10-13 22:56
Okay I'm not sure how but I think I (we) got it all working.
I had to re- link the master with t ...

Cool, glad you are up and running !!

donnie
2016-10-14
Use props
atfjan
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-14 00:24
Great to hear! Thanks for the update. Please keep us posted on how the flight went.

Well, I planned on a day of flying and to my surprise went to charge the rest of my batteries and found two of my four TB 48's swelled up. One to a point that it split open the case. They are only about one year old. Unfortunately bought from Amazon so no hope of returning.They were not used for about a month. Obviously these intelligent batteries require an intelligent user!  What am I doing wrong and does anybody have a good battery maintenance program?
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

atfjan Posted at 2016-10-15 00:25
Well, I planned on a day of flying and to my surprise went to charge the rest of my batteries and  ...

Do you recall how they were stored? In regards to battery maintenance, here is the reading materia for its safety guidelines:

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/i ... _Guidelines_1.4.pdf
2016-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules