B&H Photo Holiday Schedule
2746 16 2016-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UNs5OwtB5yGo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 293379 ft
United States

If you ordered from B&H you won't see your Mavic anytime before Oct. 28 regardless of when you placed your order. They will not be shipping any product because of Sukkos Holiday between Oct. 16 and Oct. 26. I was told they have not received any notification from DJI on a delivery date, but if they do arrive in the store during the Holiday, they will not ship out until the 27th at the very earliest.

They may not be receiving them during that time anyway, since most online retailers are saying most likely early November. But kind of sucks if they get some and then just sit on them because of Sukkos.

This is really good for us all to practice having patience. {:4_142:}
2016-10-13
Use props
bert_vargas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892749 ft
United States

look at their holiday schedule:
Shipping
Orders placed before 12am ET on Sunday, Oct 16 will be processed prior to the Holiday closing.
Orders placed after this time will be processed when we reopen on Wednesday, Oct 26.

since i place my order on 27th and DJI claims to release them on 15, then there may be a chance.
2016-10-13
Use props
FlashGJ
lvl.4
United States

bert_vargas Posted at 2016-10-14 00:22
look at their holiday schedule:
Shipping
Orders placed before 12am ET on Sunday, Oct 16 will be proc ...

I hope your right (I ordered mine on the 27th also). But I think it is a pretty slim chance that they will have any on the 15th to ship out.

Oh, I hope they prove me wrong.
2016-10-13
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3

I spoke with a rep from B&H and he said even if they are received on the 15th that they still will not ship till after they return....I'm seriously contemplating cancelling my order through them.   Just to expand on my comment apparently they do not accept shipments on Saturdays...
2016-10-13
Use props
FlashGJ
lvl.4
United States

Riotcontrol Posted at 2016-10-14 05:16
I spoke with a rep from B&H and he said even if they are received on the 15th that they still will n ...

Yea Riocontrol, just what I figured. Wish I would have known about the holiday closure on the 27th when I placed my order. I do have an order elsewhere also so I will keep both and see which one ships first. If I had known, I would have place that order elsewhere.
2016-10-13
Use props
gckless
lvl.2

United States

{:4_142:}

SuperStore, NYC Pickup & Offices
B&H will be closed starting at 1pm ET Sun, Oct 16 through Tues, Oct 25.
We will reopen at 9am Wed, Oct 26.

Online Orders
Online ordering will pause during the following holiday observance periods:
6pm ET Sun, Oct 16 until 7:30pm Wed, Oct 18
6pm Fri, Oct 21 until 7:30pm Sat, Oct 22
6pm Sun, Oct 23, until 7:15pm Tues, Oct 25

Shipping
Orders placed before 12am ET on Sun, Oct 16 will be processed prior to the holiday closing.
Orders placed after this time will be processed when we reopen on Wed, Oct 26.

So they reopen on the 26th, not the 27th. I am assuming that anything received during their holiday will not be processed or shipped, as they are closed. I don't know what company would ship things out when they are closed. However, it's weird that online ordering is still open a few days during the period when they are closed. Kinda don't get it. I'll try to get them on chat this morning.
2016-10-14
Use props
gckless
lvl.2

United States

Just had a chat:

Jacob Le: Hello Gilbert, my name is Jacob Le and I'm looking forward to helping you today!
Me: Hi Jacob. So I'm wondering if you guys have heard when they're shipping to you from the manufacturer, where I am in line versus how many orders you have, and/or when an estimated shipping date is.
Jacob Le: Unfortunately, there is currently no additional information available as of this moment. Currently, the only information that we have been provided by the manufacturer is that we should hope to have this preorder product by the end of this month, however, there is no way to guarantee that, as it's an estimate that they have provided us with. There is no way to advise you as to where your order is located in the preorder queue, as that is run by an automated system that we have no access into, nor would I be able to advise you upon how many preorders there are for any product. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.
Me: Ok. And regarding the closure for Sukkos, will my order absolutely not ship until you reopen on the 26th?
Me: Or if the product is received during the holiday, will it still ship out?
Jacob Le: Unfortunately, it wouldn't, as our warehouse is also closed while our offices and Superstore are closed as well.
Me: I see. Alright, I appreciate the help.
2016-10-14
Use props
henryp
New

United States

FlashGJ Posted at 2016-10-13 17:37
Yea Riocontrol, just what I figured. Wish I would have known about the holiday closure on the 27th ...

First, I'm sorry you were unaware of our holiday schedule. FWIW it's on our site and always available at http://bhpho.to/bhphotohours

We look forward to receiving and shipping these to our customers but while we're closed our warehouses and shipping dept are closed also. Nothing coming in and nothing going out. We do reopen Wed Oct 26th.

For this holiday (and Passover) the first two and last two days have heightened rules of observance and restrictions. The intermediate days called "Chol HaMoed" have more relaxed rules which is why we can operate the website order checkout system at those times. More on that at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chol_HaMoed if you're curious.

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video
2016-10-14
Use props
FlashGJ
lvl.4
United States

henryp Posted at 2016-10-15 00:14
First, I'm sorry you were unaware of our holiday schedule. FWIW it's on our site and always availab ...

"Nothing coming in or out"?, that makes it even worse. You won,t be receiving any units until the 26th at the very soonest and then a couple of days to process and then ship. Looks like November  will be the soonest BH customers will get them even though we pre-ordered.
Not necessarily complaining, BH is a great store and I buy from them a lot, but very disappointed to say the least. Just bad timing!! Of course this all might be a non issue if most other outlets aren't receiving stock until late Oct. or early November either.
2016-10-14
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3

FlashGJ Posted at 2016-10-15 00:53
"Nothing coming in or out"?, that makes it even worse. You won,t be receiving any units until the  ...

Probably my last order from B&H seeing as they are on holiday more than they are open lol!
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

gckless Posted at 2016-10-14 21:39
Just had a chat:

Jacob Le: Hello Gilbert, my name is Jacob Le and I'm looking forward to helping yo ...

I love BH Photo and order from them all the time. I'm sure thousands of Mavics will be shipped to them and they will attempt to get them out ASAP when they return if they receive them by then.
2016-10-14
Use props
sailornaut
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7 ft
Puerto Rico

I want to join the forum please.
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

sailornaut@yaho Posted at 2016-10-15 05:00
I want to join the forum please.

I see your post, so I'm guessing you've joined.
2016-10-14
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3

I have not bothered to check my status on B&H till today but it looks like the status changed, it now says expected availability: end of october and on my shipping status it now says: on order.
2016-10-17
Use props
FlashGJ
lvl.4

Riotcontrol Posted at 2016-10-18 03:48
I have not bothered to check my status on B&H till today but it looks like the status changed, it no ...

Just checked mine and it says the same thing. Not sure if it means anything, I am sure we will all receive them sooner or later.......hopefully sooner than what I am now expecting.
2016-10-17
Use props
gckless
lvl.2

United States

Mine has always said on order for status. I think the availability did change, pushed back, but who knows if that's for all of them or just the new orders that will come in from now on. Just like all of these threads, unfortunately none of it really matters until we either get a shipping carrier confirmation or the package on our door.
2016-10-17
Use props
DemosNZ
lvl.1

New Zealand

Riotcontrol Posted at 2016-10-15 09:52
Probably my last order from B&H seeing as they are on holiday more than they are open lol!

They are religious holidays. It's not like they're just willy-nilly taking time-off because they feel like it.

B&H is a family owned and Jewish business. This time of year is extremely significant to Judaism.
2016-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules