Follow me not working, pls help!
1314 6 2016-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneDelegation
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37789 ft
United States

So the other day I tried the follow me intelligent flight mode multiple times on the inspire 1 pro.  With plenty of signal I took the inspire up to 30 meters and turned on the F mode which brings up follow me option.  Followed the on screen instructions then got in a car (as a passenger) and started to drive at 5 mph untill we were out of the frame, it was not following.  The distance away on screen was not changing it stated we were 10 meters away and did not change as we continued to drive and the drone stayed stationary.  I remembered that DJI stated that only certain androids are 100% compatible and as per the list mine was not so i brought it down and switched to my girlfriends android (which is one on the list of completely compatible). Restarted everything shutting it all off and back on then back up in the air, got in the car and started to drive. this time it did show the correct distance the drone was away from me but it still continued to stay stationary.  Cell service was strong with both devices and gps was turned on both times. Im at a loss as to why it didnt follow.  I do not absolutly need the follow me option but I expect it to work after paying so much for this machine.  I hope it is pilot error. Any insight to what might be happening is greatly appreciated
    Thanks,
   Joel
2016-10-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you clarify what mobile devices you tried? Have you tried Follow Me without getting into a car? What version of the DJI Go app are you running? Is the firmware up to date?
2016-10-13
Use props
DroneDelegation
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-13 16:47
Could you clarify what mobile devices you tried? Have you tried Follow Me without getting into a car ...

hey Jamie,
        Devices I have tried are Samsung galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung note tab A.  I have tried follow me while walking and running and the same thing happened, The
Inspire just floated in place. firmware should be all up to date I updated the drone, controller and batteries, a week ago and the app was recently downloaded.  I hope that is the newest firmware if not and that is how often they update firmware that is going to start becoming a nuisance updating all the time. but ill check.  But if there is new firmware it would only be a week or two old and in my mind shouldn't stop follow me to work since it worked with the prior firmware on others correct?
    Thanks,
    Joel
2016-10-14
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

DroneDelegation Posted at 2016-10-14 13:57
hey Jamie,
        Devices I have tried are Samsung galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung note ta ...

After  navigating to the " F Mode "  then to the " Follow me mode"  :

Make sure you are at a reasonalble altitude and you wont smash in to anything , I just did mine at 150 feet,  toggle to F mode then to follow me mode then  it gave my "Strong " GPS in the dialogue box , then I tapped  "apply  and that was it .   Be careful not ot "exit " the app or  the AC will stop and Hover and Just "hide " the Dialogue box if you wish , I leave mine open     Make sure the GPS is not obstructed on the top of the RC  I  have heard that if it is obstructed it will not work  correctly .
what type of GPS siganal comes up in the Follow me dialogue box on yours  ?  Does it say Strong GPS ?  or what ?  

I used my one I pad with 3.0 for the Go app and above and below was the result .

That is me in the lawn chair in my backyard .  Might have to squint to see me !

Hope this helps

donnie

follow me mode pic.PNG
2016-10-14
Use props
DroneDelegation
lvl.2
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-14 15:57
After  navigating to the " F Mode "  then to the " Follow me mode"  :

Donnie,
     Everything comes up the same for me. GPS signal at Strong. The only difference is at the bottom where I'm assuming it is telling you that you are 113 ft away from the AC it says some small number like 1 foot as if it didn't change from when I took off with it next to me.
     Thanks,
    Joel
2016-10-14
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

DroneDelegation Posted at 2016-10-14 16:00
Donnie,
     Everything comes up the same for me. GPS signal at Strong. The only difference is at  ...

Do you get the "Follow me mode enabled" ( notice in left corner in green letering )  as well like mine when you apply it ?

Can you try another go app device ?  You do have the GPS  enabled on the Go app device you are currently using correct ?  
Do you usually get this 1 foot away when you are not in follow me mode ?  That 113 on mine is the distance from the Home Point    to the Aircraft .

donnie
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

DroneDelegation Posted at 2016-10-15 05:00
Donnie,
     Everything comes up the same for me. GPS signal at Strong. The only difference is at  ...

If you could provide a screenshot of your Go app settings, it would be appreciated.
2016-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules