New App Beta Test - Tag Pilot by Drones Made Easy
1984 6 2016-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MapsMadeEasy
lvl.4
United States

Update: This app is now available on the App Store.

For what Tag Pilot is and does and for beta test invites read here: https://support.dronesmadeeasy.com/hc/en-us/articles/213618106-What-is-Tag-Pilot-

Tag Pilot for DJI - Quick Start

Tag Pilot is easy to start using. Take off and start tagging!

Before Taking Off: Follow the Initial Setup instructions to get access to the Maps Made Easy terrain data.
There are a lot of subtle features in Tag Pilot. Learning its full capabilities may take some time but the following is a list of some easy features to exercise and get used to Tag Pilot's use.

First Flight Activities:
  • Place some tags on the map.
  • Experiment with Fullscreen Mode and Video Feed sizing.
  • Experiment with the Image Footprint and Crosshairs.
  • Create some tags from the video feed.
  • Take some pictures or video.
  • Review your pictures/video.
  • Experiment with the Orbit Automated Flight Mode.
  • Save the KML.

Takeoff and Landing are fully manual. The pilot needs to remain in full control of the aircraft at all times and is in charge of flying safely.  

Placing User Tags
User Tags are colorful location markers that can be placed anywhere on the map by pressing and holding a location. Tags can be repositioned by pressing a tag until it raises up and can be moved.

User Tags can be managed with or without being connected to an aircraft. User Tags can also be created using Google Earth and imported into Tag Pilot via Email or AirDrop.

The color, title and description of the user tag can be edited by pressing and holding the tags entry in the Marker Manager (bottom half of left side menu). Click "Done" when editing is finished.

Fullscreen Mode and Video Feed Sizing
In order to better utilize the area available on small screens the Menu Slider button can be pressed to hide or show the left side menu.

The camera's video feed can be sized to small, medium or large by swiping left or up on it to make it bigger or right or down on it to make it smaller.

Footprint and Crosshairs
The Image Footprint is a green box that represents the area that is currently seen in the video feed. The crosshairs in the Image Footprint corresponds to the same spot that is designated by the crosshairs in the video preview. The coordinates of the crosshairs are displayed at the top of the camera's video feed.

If the Image Footprint is not being displayed it is likely that the gimbal is not pointed downward enough or that the aircraft is too low.

When the Image Footprint is being displayed and it intersects with a User Tag the tag(s) will be displayed at their corresponding locations in the video feed. The following picture shows the purple User Tag on the Map and in the video feed.

Create User Tags from the Video Feed
Just as with creating a User Tag by pressing and holding on the map, you can create a User Tag by pressing and holding on a location in the camera's video feed.

Markers cannot be moved within the video feed as they can in the map.

The Image Footprint must be showing to be able to create User Tags from the video feed.

Take Pictures or Video

Use the remote control's shutter and record buttons to take pictures or record video.

Review Pictures or Video
Preview, download and delete images just like in DJI Go.

Experiment with Orbit Flight Mode
Orbit flights are easy to execute and will occur around the area designated by the crosshairs as the center point.

When the Flight Control button is enabled (above 5m) press the Orbit button. This will bring up the options to fly clockwise or counter clockwise. Make your selection, agree to the prompt and off you go.

Note: The area in the crosshairs will stay at the center of the orbit unless manual controls are used to adjust it. The orbit will continue on the prescribed route until cancelled or the flight mode is switched out of F (P on Phantom 4).

Save the KML
Now that you have made some tags, done some interesting flying and taken some pictures you can press the Save button (image of a floppy disk) to write your data to a KML file that can be shared or used to plan further flights.

2016-10-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It might be worthwhile if you provided a brief summary of what your app is designed to do. I don't see what all this tagging is about? Please explain why I need your app.?
2016-10-13
Use props
MapsMadeEasy
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-10-13 16:07
It might be worthwhile if you provided a brief summary of what your app is designed to do. I don't s ...

Hidden at the top of the post!

"For what Tag Pilot is and does and for beta test invites read here: https://support.dronesmadeeasy.c ... -What-is-Tag-Pilot-"
2016-10-13
Use props
MapsMadeEasy
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-10-13 16:07
It might be worthwhile if you provided a brief summary of what your app is designed to do. I don't s ...

No one NEEDS it, but it will be a very useful tool for people doing certain tasks.
2016-10-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

MapsMadeEasy Posted at 2016-10-14 10:09
Hidden at the top of the post!

"For what Tag Pilot is and does and for beta test invites read her ...

OK, thanks. Missed that.
2016-10-13
Use props
MapsMadeEasy
lvl.4
United States

This app is now available for free in the AppStore.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tag-pilot-for-dji/id1163415096?mt=8 Tag Pilot for DJI - Drones Made Easy
2016-11-4
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

MapsMadeEasy Posted at 2016-11-5 05:25
This app is now available for free in the AppStore.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tag-pilot-for-d ...

I'm currently firewalled and cant download it but I have been looking for an like this for a long time.
I could use this to gather waypoints while I lay out my ground control to help make sure I include them in my mission.
2016-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules