RC unable to update through DJI Go App
2402 35 2016-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scdaddy7269
New

Phantom 3 advanced
I am trying to troubleshoot a problem with my RC. I recently updated from 2.2x or 2.3x (not sure of exact old version but way over due and I had not done any updates since 10/2015.) to the latest version 2.9.1. I can still control my camera and use all its features but the RC can no longer control the aircraft. The aircraft I also recently updated to 1.9.60.
The app is not allowing me to update my remote.
It does not help that I have a bad usb connection, one of the pins appears to be flattened out and after a few uses I have to bend it back of a little in order to make contact and connect the remote with the app.

Not only does my remote not control the craft but I also cannot see the aircraft fimrware version or remote version in the app.

From the camera view screen clicking on the remote then the about sub menu
App 2.9.1
Version   N/A
Remote Controller  N/A

I tried holding the top right academy button for a few seconds on the main app screen and I get the following
Equipment: N/A
  Firmware Version: N/A
Downgrade Firmware to: (drop down menu that goes no where)
No available firmware for downgrade.

Under overall status in the app it says "Firmware is of the latest version"

I've read some similar posts on here with really no results.
Where should I go now? Attempt to downgrade go app to 2.2x or somewhere around there, downgrade aircraft to 1.4, and try to see if remote will update then?
Spent far too much time on this already just figuring out the bad usb and now this.

2016-10-13
Use props
YBkDJezcsdNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft

"Not only does my remote not control the craft but I also cannot see the aircraft firmware version or remote version in the app."

Same here. Mine was only 2 hours out of the box when the 5.8g link began to get gimpy and finally died. No telling when the next working update gets released. If it works, then don't update.

Only time will tell.
2016-10-13
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha scdaddy,

Old versions of DJI GO are available at this archive;

https://apkpure.com/dji-go/dji.pilot

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-10-13
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

YBkDJezcsdNW Posted at 2016-10-13 14:43
"Not only does my remote not control the craft but I also cannot see the aircraft firmware version o ...

Aloha Jez,

Old versions of FirmWare are available here;

http://www.phantomhelp.com/Phant ... al/#FirmwareArchive

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!

2016-10-13
Use props
scdaddy7269
New

Cetaman:

This only goes back to 2.8x
Found a few other places but they all are apk based, some even say download 2.4.1 then when you click the link it says "getting latest version 2.9.1"

The firmware archive is all for professional. I have an advanced.

I can try to go back to 1.6 which I still have and was working last time I used it with whateever version of the go app I had at the time.

The whole point is I'd like to make it function with everything up to date. If going back to 1.6 works, that's great but still sucks to be running on year old firmware.

2016-10-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, could you please clarify what mobile device you are using?
Have you tried to re-link the RC with the aircraft ?
Please post some screenshots of the error message here, I'll help to check it.
2016-10-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

To clarify the USB port itself is damaged? What Phantom model do you have? When you connect to the RC, does the device provide any sort of indication that something is connected via USB?
2016-10-13
Use props
kyapkk
lvl.2
Malaysia

I'm also unable to update the Remote firmware using the DJI GO app. There is nothing on the system status, no prompt to update what so ever.
Currently the remote is on Ver 1.6.0.
2016-10-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

kyapkk Posted at 2016-10-14 12:59
I'm also unable to update the Remote firmware using the DJI GO app. There is nothing on the system s ...

What mobile device do you use? Does it provide any sort of indication that something is connected to it via USB? If the RC is not recognized by the device, and in turn connect to the Go app, the Go app won't give you the opportunity to perform a firmware update.
2016-10-13
Use props
kyapkk
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-14 13:39
What mobile device do you use? Does it provide any sort of indication that something is connected  ...

I'm using Ipad Air all this while. The DJI GO app is the latest version. No indication when connected to the remote normally.
2016-10-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

kyapkk Posted at 2016-10-14 14:33
I'm using Ipad Air all this while. The DJI GO app is the latest version. No indication when connec ...

Hi Kyapkk, can you upgrade it now through APP? please try to reboot the APP and make sure the internet is connected properly.
2016-10-14
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Go gave me the upgrade message this morning, now installed, it had given no notification at all yesterday.
2016-10-14
Use props
kyapkk
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-14 16:28
Hi Kyapkk, can you upgrade it now through APP? please try to reboot the APP and make sure the inte ...

Yes finally able to update the radio firmware. Thank
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

kyapkk Posted at 2016-10-14 19:08

Glad to hear that you made it finally, please enjoy, and any feedback or suggestions, please feel free to let us know, thanks.
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

kyapkk Posted at 2016-10-14 19:08

Thanks for the update. Happy flying!
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-14 16:32
DJI Go gave me the upgrade message this morning, now installed, it had given no notification at all  ...

To clarify, are you referring to the Go app software update or just to perform a firmware update in general?
2016-10-14
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-14 17:58
To clarify, are you referring to the Go app software update or just to perform a firmware update i ...

RC firmware was announced yesterday, DJI Go 3.0.0 on my iPad did not inform me of any upgrades, apparently it should have. This morning DJI Go 3.0.0 said that an upgrade (V1.8) was available for my RC. I have now successfully installed RC V1.8 (no test flights as yet). The problem when operating the C1 button and getting the pop up message also seems to have resolved itself after a 'C1+C2+Shutter button' reset of the RC (also relinked RC to aircraft).
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-15 03:16
RC firmware was announced yesterday, DJI Go 3.0.0 on my iPad did not inform me of any upgrades, ap ...

It may have been a temporary server lag with the update. Good to hear all is well thus far, please let me know if you run into anything.
2016-10-14
Use props
kyapkk
lvl.2
Malaysia

Even after update the Radio firmware, it's still doesn't improve the Transmission View. It's still getting lost transmission error even within 10 meter.
Before the GO App update to version 3, everything was fine. Now it hardly flyable since the transmission view signal lost every now and than.
2016-10-16
Use props
scdaddy7269
New

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-14 10:00
Hi, could you please clarify what mobile device you are using?
Have you tried to re-link the RC with ...

Samsung Galaxy Tablet
When I connect the remote sometimes I cannot get the app to go to the camera view. One of the usb prongs is flattened out, if I bend it back up I can connect a few times before it flattens out.
I have tried relinking rc, appears to do a normal relink but no improvement.
Just now getting a chance to get back on here was about to try to down grade aircraft firmware to see if I regain remote connection.
2016-10-20
Use props
scdaddy7269
New

Updated to the latest DJ GO App that just came out a few days ago. No changes. I am able to calibrate the remote in the app so the app is seeing it. But still no connection to the aircraft.

Could it be that my remote is faulty?

2016-10-20
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

scdaddy said: Where should I go now? Attempt to downgrade go app to 2.2x or somewhere around there, downgrade aircraft to 1.4, and try to see if remote will update then?
That's what I did, to 2.0.2.apk ....And it worked. Well, sort of. It did initiate updating, something it would not do since day one.
2016-10-20
Use props
jpaydirt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2969 ft
United States

Why did you update? if there's one thing I have learned its that there is no reason to update if the copter works, all you are going to get is trouble
2016-10-20
Use props
scdaddy7269
New

Betamace Posted at 2016-10-21 06:55
scdaddy said: Where should I go now? Attempt to downgrade go app to 2.2x or somewhere around there,  ...

Will try, thanks.
Still having trouble finding old versions of go app.
2016-10-23
Use props
fansfd7b23f2
New

So tried older versions of firmware but craft will not downgrade, says firmware on card older or same as current version and aborts.

Any other ideas?

Can DJI chime in?
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

kyapkk Posted at 2016-10-17 15:55
Even after update the Radio firmware, it's still doesn't improve the Transmission View. It's still g ...

Have you tried different mobile device in different open filed?
You adjusted the antennas all the time to the optimal range, right?
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

scdaddy7269@com Posted at 2016-10-21 05:48
Updated to the latest DJ GO App that just came out a few days ago. No changes. I am able to calibrat ...

What is the led status on the remote? solid red?
Have you tried another method to re-link the RC to AC? press C1+C2+Recording button at the same time, then press camera settings dial after hearing a sound, at last press the link button with a pin on the aircraft.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansfd7b23f2 Posted at 2016-11-2 09:03
So tried older versions of firmware but craft will not downgrade, says firmware on card older or sam ...

Have you tried to downgrade the RC firmware version?
Connect RC to your phone, hold the hat for about 3 to 5 seconds at the right top side of the APP if you use the IOS device. or you need press the lines in the same location if you use an android phone.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

scdaddy7269@com Posted at 2016-10-24 09:26
Will try, thanks.
Still having trouble finding old versions of go app.

Please open this link to check the previous APP for android: https://apkpure.com/dji-go/dji.pilot
2016-11-2
Use props
kyapkk
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-2 18:38
Have you tried different mobile device in different open filed?
You adjusted the antennas all the ...

Tried different Ipad Air and both same issue and I only fly at 1 site at the moment.
The antennas already adjusted properly but still the same result.
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

kyapkk Posted at 2016-11-7 17:28
Tried different Ipad Air and both same issue and I only fly at 1 site at the moment.
The antennas  ...

You have tested the previous APP or not? if no improvement, it needs to be sent in for further evaluation by our engineers.
2016-11-7
Use props
kyapkk
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-7 17:43
You have tested the previous APP or not? if no improvement, it needs to be sent in for further eva ...

How to install previous app for Ipad Air? Is there any link to download the previous version of DJI GO app?
2016-11-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

kyapkk Posted at 2016-11-9 11:50
How to install previous app for Ipad Air? Is there any link to download the previous version of DJ ...

Please check your e-mail box with the info, thanks.
2016-11-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

kyapkk Posted at 2016-11-9 11:50
How to install previous app for Ipad Air? Is there any link to download the previous version of DJ ...

2016-11-8
Use props
kyapkk
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-9 14:48

Ok, thank. will try it out later.
2016-11-9
Use props
fansce8ba99f
New

New Zealand

Hi,
After upgrade the firmware on both my P3 Advanded and the remote controller my controller now shows a red light and cannot receive the Go app.  The app gives no Camera option and says just How To Connect on the screen.
Please help, like many others here I need my drone to be working.
2017-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules