When is DJI going to FIX the Issue with the GO App and the S7
2514 26 2016-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Port Media
lvl.1
Australia

There seems to be an issue with the DJI Go App and the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.

Originally used the GO App on the Galaxy Note 5 and it was great, Upgraded to the Galaxy Note 7 and it worked great with the Go App

The Note 7 Was recalled and I was given a Galaxy S7 Edge and I started having an issue with the DJI Go app resetting the phone once i started to get 30 -40 metres away
so I stopped using it until i recieved my Replacement Note 7 thinking it was just that phone.
I received my Replacement Note 7 and there was no issue at all again..
Now my Note 7 Has been recalled again adn I have been given a brand new Galaxy S7 edge and now I have the same Issue again, Once i get any real distance away the DJI Go App causes the phone to reboot..

Could DJI please do something to fix this .. it appears to be an issue with a lot of S7 Users by the look of the forums and the internet..

2016-10-13
Use props
john.lambert4
lvl.3

Australia

I've just discovered exactly the same issue on my S7 Edge!  I've used it previously (back in July) with no issues.  I've updated my RC (not the P3 yet) however the app keeps rebooting the phone even before I start flying.  I also have the same issue with the DJI Ultimate Flight app as well, so I've asked them for a full refund.
2016-10-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, have you upgraded the DJI GO app version to 3.0.0?
2016-10-13
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

And it must be something for DJI to fix?
It couldn't possibly be an issues with the Samsung .. could it?
2016-10-13
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-10-14 18:42
It couldn't possibly be an issues with the Samsung .. could ...

Nah, couldn't be Samsung, they only have issues with software that does not work, exploding phones, washing machines that catch fire, styluses on phones that don't work... nah it has to be DJI's fault. I bought my wife a Note 5, it has been back to Samsung 4 times in less than a year.
2016-10-14
Use props
Port Media
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-14 15:38

Umm the version 3.0 i believe is not for the standard.
2016-10-14
Use props
Port Media
lvl.1
Australia

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-10-14 15:42

Umm well lets consider this .. its the DJI app that is rebooting the phone .. the phone doesn't reboot for any other reason !!!
2016-10-14
Use props
Port Media
lvl.1
Australia

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-10-14 15:42

Maybe but then again .. nothing else seems to be rebooting the S7 .. so it seems strange that a program written by DJI is doing it.. seeing sas thought its DJIS app shouldn't they be the one fixing the issue I mean lets be honest here it doesn't reboot for no reason any other time
and its only happening when using the DJI app so that leads me to believe its the App
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Port Media Posted at 2016-10-14 17:39
Umm the version 3.0 i believe is not for the standard.

The app is also suitable for P3 standard.
Please try to update the app version.
If the error persists, please feel free to let me know.
2016-10-14
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Port Media Posted at 2016-10-14 20:42
Maybe but then again .. nothing else seems to be rebooting the S7 .. so it seems strange that a pr ...

If other Android devices were doing the same I'd be agreeing with you.
But .... other Android devices are doing just fine.
Since the problem is only showing up on one kind of device, the source of the problem probably isn't in the app.
2016-10-14
Use props
yoricknicholls
lvl.2
Flight distance : 790758 ft
Vanuatu

It's both Samsung's firmware update that screwed compatibility, and DJI not currently expanding the compatible device list. They're both at fault.

I had the same issue, and you'll find the solutions here at the top of page 6:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-62084-6-1.html
Ignore the rest of the posts. It's just people dwelling on the issue.
You have 2 options:
  • Take the bull by the hornes and downgrade your firmware to a slightly early one (that allowed the app to run fine)
  • Buy another device (that's app compatible)
Frankly I recommend option#1 as it worked for me without much of a hickup. Just take it slow and cover all basis.
Either Samsung will repatch eventually, or DJI will finally extend the compatible device list. In the meantime, downgrading your firmware works.

Goodluck
2016-10-14
Use props
stuka
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Other threads have mentioned this, that the S7 and S7 Edge dont work with DJI Go app. Apparently an app incompatibility for some reason. HOwever, I Have been informed the Litchi  app runs fine on the S7 and Edge.
2016-10-14
Use props
jireyes6
New
Flight distance : 28967 ft
Chile

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-14 04:38

hello Mindy, is this version theoretically solving the issue with the S7, that will be great! I will try to fly as soon as I get home!!
2016-10-14
Use props
Port Media
lvl.1
Australia

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-10-14 17:48
If other Android devices were doing the same I'd be agreeing with you.
But .... other Android devi ...

I now have to agree with you.. i do believe it is the phone .

i purchased. another app to run the drone with .. I purchased DJI Ultimate Flight and this had the same issue which suggests that there is an issue with the S7 edge and incompatibility ..

2016-10-14
Use props
Port Media
lvl.1
Australia

yoricknicholls Posted at 2016-10-14 18:51
It's both Samsung's firmware update that screwed compatibility, and DJI not currently expanding the  ...

Thank you for that, that is great news cause i really didn't want to get rid of the S7 as it is the closest thing to the Note 7 out there. I will give this a try
2016-10-14
Use props
Port Media
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-14 17:47
If the error persi ...

THANK YOU i will definitely try this then . as well .
2016-10-14
Use props
Port Media
lvl.1
Australia

yoricknicholls Posted at 2016-10-14 18:51
It's both Samsung's firmware update that screwed compatibility, and DJI not currently expanding the  ...

Yes have flashed my phones before .. glad to hear that the previous version pre august works will flash back to that.
2016-10-14
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-10-14 03:42

silly you to be logical
2016-10-14
Use props
Port Media
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-14 17:47
If the error persi ...

Hi Mindy thank you for that . the version 3 did stop the Samsung S7 edge from rebooting as of my first flight with it..

However during this flight i had a new issue arise one that was very disturbing

during flight all was going well then all of a sudden with no warning the DJI go App disconnected
from the Drone.. Usually that wouldn't worry me cause the drone would just come on home.. however this time it didn't.,

I was still connected via wifi but couldn't see my drone cause of the sun.. and it being white.. but no matter what i did to restart the app to get it to connect back to my standard 3 it wouldn't connect.. .. Eventually i tried sending the signal to go home from the software but nothing happened.

i tried reconnecting via wifi but couldn't get the DJI go App version 3 to reconnect.

after about 10 minutes of looking and the fact that the neighbours lawn mower stopped i was able to hear my drone and find. it .. i was only about 60 mrs away .. it was at 30 alt so lets say 90 ..

i quickly used S2 up and down real quick to see if that would help it seemed to get the drone to respond  and return to home it started beeping that it was going home  .. but at no time was i able to get the DJI go software to say it had reconnected ..

i totally shut down my drone after it landed and turned off the controller only then would it stop beeping as thought it was going to land. the beeping continued right up till it landed and even after i turned the drone off..

.. very un nerving.. to be honest.

2016-10-14
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
United States

Port Media Posted at 2016-10-14 22:20
Hi Mindy thank you for that . the version 3 did stop the Samsung S7 edge from rebooting as of my f ...

keep in mind that when you loose the app anything you try to do via it will not function.

you DO still have FULL RC control though and can trigger RTH via the RC and or simply fly it home if within LOS

good luck and have fun flying!
2016-10-14
Use props
Port Media
lvl.1
Australia

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2016-10-15 10:36
keep in mind that when you loose the app anything you try to do via it will not function.

you DO  ...

yeah i still had control just took awhile to find it in the sun .. i remembered something about moving the S2 switch up and down real fast to reconnect i think .. but that seemed to initiate the RTH for me so i was at least happy to have ti go home .. am taking this to Vanautu and the Islands Next month so i want to make sure i have all things working ..

2016-10-14
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
United States

Port Media Posted at 2016-10-14 22:39
yeah i still had control just took awhile to find it in the sun  .. i remembered something about ...

refresh your manual for manual RC RTH procedure and how to switch to ATTI from gps if an issue arises. it can save you quad for sure if you remember things fast enough.....
2016-10-14
Use props
yoricknicholls
lvl.2
Flight distance : 790758 ft
Vanuatu

Port Media Posted at 2016-10-15 13:39
yeah i still had control just took awhile to find it in the sun  .. i remembered something about ...

Well well... Small world. Vanuatu is where I am. I run www.daisythedrone.com.
Pop in and say hi if you have the time.
2016-10-15
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Port Media Posted at 2016-10-14 22:39

No you are correct, that's how the S2 switch is to work, RTH when the app doesn't work.
2016-10-17
Use props
kkaranta
lvl.3
Flight distance : 180883 ft
Greece

I tested the new DJI GO v3.0.0 with phantom 3 adv and two mobiles phones. The first one is Galaxy S5 (android 5.0) which I haven't any problem. Everything is stable! The second device Galaxy S7 edge (android 6.0.1) the problem with reboot still remaining and continues the phone rebooting. The AC firmware 1.9.60 and RC firmware 1.6.0. Hope soon have good news from DJI.
2016-10-17
Use props
Port Media
lvl.1
Australia

kkaranta Posted at 2016-10-17 23:55
I tested the new DJI GO v3.0.0 with phantom 3 adv and two mobiles phones. The first one is Galaxy S5 ...

Yes i had to the S7Edge Reboot with version 3.0 today.. it seems to be much less frequent however there is still an issue there.. someone mentioned somewhere about downloading an older update to the phone.. so I'm going to go back to prior aug flash on my s7 edge and see if it goes away
2016-10-19
Use props
Port Media
lvl.1
Australia

yoricknicholls Posted at 2016-10-15 18:32
Well well... Small world. Vanuatu is where I am. I run www.daisythedrone.com.
Pop in and say hi if ...

Hi yeah am taking a cruise and will be spending the day on Mystery Island figured i would try and get some footage. off to the New Caledonian Islands after that. ..
2016-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules