How Much Flight Time
3002 14 2015-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skymaker6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49009 ft
United States

Does anyone if there is a way to tell how much flight time there is on a P2V+. I know on my old AR  Drone, you could time the flight time, as well as the numbers of crashes it has been in.

Thanks for any information anyone can give.

2015-2-2
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

Without a black box, I guess you could only calculate by the number of battery cycles you did.
2015-2-2
Use props
rdc44444.hotmai
lvl.4

United States

16 - 18 mins for me before I get the first landing warning. Ive been flying in cold weather which I've heard reduces flight time.

I use to own the 1.0 AR drone. The phantom is much more stable and harder to crash and a lot more fun!!!

I've had two serious crashes out of approximately 100 flights with my Phantom 1 FC40.  Both crashes were entirely my fault as I was flying too fast and low and clipped the top of a tree. I believe I was also in ATTI mode which I come to find out later that you can lose some alttitude if your flying fast. One time I thought I had a flyaway as the phantom was too high and far and I lost visual and audible  contact. I put it in home lock but it didn't come back initially. I then learned later that while in home lock if you fly by your home position it reverts to course lock and will continue to fly in the opposite direction!!! I finally turned off the transmitter to initiate RTH and thankfully a few minutes later I could hear it and saw it directly above my head...I filmed the entire flight and could see exactly what happened with the home lock/course lock fiasco.

I have two P2V+ (ver 3) and have 40 total flights. I dont fly as aggressively with these and have never had a serious accident other than a tipover while landing and once during takeoff. Again both my fault as it was really windy while attempting to land and during a takeoff I released the throttle too soon in an attempted aborted take off resulting in a tipover. In both cases there was no damage. I would recommend hand catching rather than attempt a ground landing especially with the P2V+. I hand catch all of my flights without a problem.

Ive never had any uncontrolled flyaway or anything like that.  
2015-2-2
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
United States

markus2015 Posted at 2015-2-3 03:44
Without a black box, I guess you could only calculate by the number of battery cycles you did.

You maybe correct, or I will have to start keep a flight log book.
2015-2-2
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
United States

markus2015 Posted at 2015-2-3 03:44

2015-2-2
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Same here, about 16-18 minutes.

As far as flights.  Some people I know keep flight logs but the Vision app really doesn't have the flight log details in the app though you can look at battery information and it will report you how many charge and discharge cycles you have had; though I agree it isn't an accurate solution.

I'm working on an app that will include a flight log (automatic based on flights) but to date the app only saves flight information (in preparation of the log feature) and if you are using that you can look at the log files but that is as near as I know today unless you manually keep a log.
2015-2-2
Use props
rdc44444.hotmai
lvl.4

United States

skymaker6 Posted at 2015-2-3 03:59

I keep a flight log...lol.  I record date, phantom flown ( I have 5),  and battery used. I time every flight with a wristwatch but dont record that information. I average about 10-13 mins (12-13 mins is with the P2 props) on the Phantom 1/ FC40 and 16-18 mins on Phantom 2.
2015-2-2
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

Is anybody using a black box like this one: Flytrex?
2015-2-2
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

I have a Flytrex on my Phantom. It works but the only thing I don't like about it is you have to upload the data to their website before you can use it. After that you can download it in csv format for Excel and kml format for Google earth. I would be nice if you could just use the Flytrex data directly.

I use the video time for my flight log. I normally land with 30% left on the battery. That is the nice thing about Ken's app. You can set it to auto record video from the time the rotors start until they stop. I created a speadsheet that tracks flight time and the battery that was used. You just have to enter the flight (video) time and the battery and it auto updates the total time and how times the battery was used and the number of mins/hrs on that battery.

2015-2-2
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

Thank you JATO for your feedback. I like that spreadsheet idea too.
Unfortunately I don't have a vision, so I can't use Ken's APP
2015-2-2
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

markus2015 Posted at 2015-2-3 04:07
Is anybody using a black box like this one: Flytrex?

I have the Flytrex LiveG3 which uploads to their website automatically.  Kind of nice but I really use it more as a just-in-case I need to find my Phantom.  So far, I haven't needed to use it for that
2015-2-2
Use props
DroneDash
lvl.1

United States

About 20 minutes is where you want to aim for to play it safe. You could also buy a iOSD Mini to constantly monitor battery life via your FPV setup.
2015-2-2
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

Battery time is going to depend on what you do. If you are climbing a lot, fighting the wind or going full speed you will have less time than just hovering in a calm wind.
2015-2-2
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

16-18 in cold weather, same as everyone else it seems.  With the default low batt settings.
2015-2-3
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
United States

JATO Posted at 2015-2-3 04:24
I have a Flytrex on my Phantom. It works but the only thing I don't like about it is you have to upl ...

Thanks, I think that is a grate sheet, thank you for the information.
2015-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules