VIDEO PROPAGANDA ON YOUTUBE
1765 15 2016-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

This video is someones agenda to make people think and stop in buying the mavic pro. The guy did not even know what cable he was pointing out to, at first, he opens the USB latch and points a cable, which is not a cable its the latch silicon protector, and then he points the cable that is in the first two legs which it shows a wrapped cable saying that over 2000 times of use, it will wear and tear. I am guessing some company is pretty jealous of DJI mavic pro

here is the link

2016-10-13
Use props
WvEPPfeg3L6A
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128488 ft
United States

I don't trust anyone that can't spell check a video.
2016-10-13
Use props
ecarpo
lvl.3

China

I did read in the manual or specs somewhere it does say the legs have a finite amount of times they can be unfolded. It may have been 2000 times, but I guess thats still approximately 6 years if using it once every day.

2016-10-13
Use props
ultraflight77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 881598 ft

I read somewhere DJI tested folding it to 5,000 times,,,, By time we get that many folds the mavic pro 8 will be out and who will care?  I don't plan on folding them if I am throwing it in the car, only plan on folding when I hop on the motorcycle or go on vacation. Don't worry folks!  I'm sure they used wire made to flex with a silicone skin of some sort....
2016-10-13
Use props
KLRico
lvl.2
Flight distance : 428448 ft
United States

ultraflight77 Posted at 2016-10-13 21:32
I read somewhere DJI tested folding it to 5,000 times,,,, By time we get that many folds the mavi ...

It's not terribly difficult to engineer the bundle and it's routing to last thousands (or tens of thousands) of cycles. It's successfully done in other similar situations in everything from airplanes to automobiles. I'm thinking the engineering challenge would be the hinge itself, in order to keep smooth operation with positive detents on opening and closing for thousands of cycles (which 5k is still not crazy).
2016-10-13
Use props
MWW1977
lvl.1

United States

This guy realy is a moron!!!
Does he realy live in this world? How does he think elektronics work these days!!?? {:4_142:}
Is he still using his desktop instead of a laptop (same wire principle in the laptop hinge), He problibly's not charging his cellphone through a thin USB cable every day!
Guy's like him don't have a clue about how things are made. I'm 100% sure DJI tested the connection good but most of all....THEY HAVE LEARNED FROM ALL PREVIOUS MODELS!!!

And if DJI is clever enough to build that many uav model/types.....I'll bet they know damn well what they are doing!
To me they are #1 on drone territory and problibly they wanne keep it that way!
(And no...I have no DJI stock shares....
2016-10-14
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

KLRico Posted at 2016-10-14 14:55
It's not terribly difficult to engineer the bundle and it's routing to last thousands (or tens of  ...

believe me 2000 or 5000 folds it will surpass that, and if not they would definitely not make this drone, because there will be a lot of unhappy customers. I am sure that it will last that and more...... Don't follow with the hype of how long it will take for the arms to give in and won't hold the click on and off of the drone.

2016-10-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please don't worry about that.
Our engineers had test the Mavic's arm which can be folded 5000 times.
For further information, please refer to this link.
http://www.dji.com/support/product/mavic
2016-10-14
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Good Video.

He is talking about the poly braided sheathing that encompasses the motor power feed cables through the arms at the pivot point as the arm articulates.

Although DJI have encased the cable in a sheath this is for mechanical protection rather than waterproofing as the video incorrectly states.
The reason to use the protective braiding is to mitigate high frequency vibrations through the airframe causing cutting of the cable against any sharp edges. This would ultimately cause a failure of the insulation and a possible short occuring.

I always use this type of braiding in all my UAV builds and it has been around for many years.
2016-10-14
Use props
nico
lvl.2
Flight distance : 304590 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's only a clickbait video to place his referrallink for the shop, don't worry...
2016-10-14
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

I heard of sipping Kool-aid but you guys are bathing in it.
The video, to me, brings up a valid concern. I see a potential failure point in the pivoting arm more than the folding arm.
You also have to consider ambient temp when cycling the arms.
Since I was little I learned by bending or twisting something it will eventually break.
Not using the folding function is not an answer. I'm not saying it WILL be a problem only that it COULD be a problem. until the product is released no one will know for sure, period.
2016-10-14
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

CabinPete Posted at 2016-10-14 07:26
I heard of sipping Kool-aid but you guys are bathing in it.
The video, to me, brings up a valid conc ...

So...  Lets say you bend those wires every time you attach a battery & fly.  

Most batteries last how long?  500 cycles max?  But I get more like 250 before they start to fail.  And that lasts about 2-3 years of flying for me.  These arm cables are rated at 5,000 cycles.  I doubt they will be a concern.  You will have sold or crashed your Mavic Pro and traded it in for a Mavic Pro 3 long before the arm cables wear out.

As for the USB cover.  That's not a cable.  It's a little tether for the rubber cover.  If it breaks the rubber cover falls off.  So what?  Just means the USB port is exposed.  Just like it already IS on the P3 and P4.
2016-10-14
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-14 10:54
So...  Lets say you bend those wires every time you attach a battery & fly.  

Most batteries last  ...

Speculation, no more no less. Time will tell if it will be a concern or not.

I believe the video had an arrow pointing to the cable, the cover just happened to be off the port and was not part of the discussion.
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

ecarpo@hotmail. Posted at 2016-10-14 11:46
I did read in the manual or specs somewhere it does say the legs have a finite amount of times they  ...

it's been tested to 5,000 times.
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

It's a shame that people just want to get views. But that shows you how popular the Mavic is
2016-10-14
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

stop worrying about something you don't have if there is a problem with those arms and legs I most likely believe that they would do a recall, and looking for the reviewers they definitely have said something which is true that it feels solid compare to what they expected....
2016-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules