1058 6 2016-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ljlepage
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93839 ft
Australia

Hi DJI and everyone,

I just received my new OSMO mobile. Lot's of fun! However I can not attach the extension rod that I ordered with it to it.

The instructions say to tighten the outer ring to the inner ring before attaching to the rosette mount of the Osmo. Then after attaching, to turn the outer ring to attach it firmly.

My Outer and Inner Rings on my extension rod seem to be fused. I cannot separate them, and I am hesitant use a wrench for obvious reasons.

Please tell me there is an easy way to separate the two rings.

Regards,

ljlepage
2016-10-13
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please use a cloth or something, to see if you can add friction to turn it on, if not, please email support@dji.com to send it in for an exchange. Sorry about the inconvenience.
2016-10-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Just spray with something like WD 40 that should do it.
2016-10-14
Use props
ljlepage
lvl.1
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-14 22:15
Just spray with something like WD 40 that should do it.

Thanks for your comments and suggestion.

Nothing seems to make it budge. I've followed the Support suggestion. Waiting to hear back for a pickup time.
2016-10-20
Use props
jalexartis
lvl.2

ljlepage Posted at 2016-10-21 11:32
Thanks for your comments and suggestion.

Nothing seems to make it budge. I've followed the Suppor ...

Just in case: Have you moved the lever opposite the rings from horizontal to vertical? Horizontal locks the outside ring and vertical unlocks it. Best!
2016-10-20
Use props
ljlepage
lvl.1
Australia

jalexartis Posted at 2016-10-21 13:38
Just in case: Have you moved the lever opposite the rings from horizontal to vertical? Horizontal  ...

Hmm. Thanks for checking.

The lever on this one moves from about 10 o'clock, through 6 o'clock and up to 2 o'clock. It tightens at both 10 and 2 and is loose for the rest of the moment. However, when it is loose, it only loosens the pivot point - not the ring (outer or inner).

Are you saying that it should?
2016-10-20
Use props
jalexartis
lvl.2

ljlepage Posted at 2016-10-21 13:58
Hmm. Thanks for checking.

The lever on this one moves from about 10 o'clock, through 6 o'clock an ...

Yes, I am. My lever moves from the 6:00 [locked] position to the 9:00 [unlocked] position--or 6:00 to 3:00, with the same locking and unlocking. In the unlocked position, the complete shaft should rotate and can be lifted to vertical. With it unlocked, the outer ring can be used to tighten the rod to the Osmo Mobile.

Otherwise, either the rod or Osmo can be rotated to attach to each other. The inner ring turns independently [turns freely] of the lever position.

From your description, your lever moves a bit more horizontally than mine. That is okay. Your shaft should rotate [turn] when unlocked.

Best Mate!

2016-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules