Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Where has gimbal correction gone?
2663 26 2016-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rockliffe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 442743 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm rather confused, but for some reason, since installing the latest firmware, I no longer have control over correcting the gimbal horizon via the Custom button and wheel combination. please don't tell me DJI have removed one of the most useful functions on the controller! Help please.
2016-10-14
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Unfortunately, they have. Nobody knows why hopefully they will amend this in the next F/W.
2016-10-14
Use props
Insieme Agency
lvl.2
Flight distance : 420449 ft
Hungary

DJI SAME ON YOU !!!!!!  

We don't udnerstand these things!

The FW is still USELESS !!!
2016-10-14
Use props
rockliffe
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI, words fail me! So effectively, we have to mess around accessing the menu, going through the options on screen rather than simply moving a  finger across and rolling the wheel. Can someone from DJI please reply with an answer to this and explain the logic, because I fail to understand.
2016-10-14
Use props
rockliffe
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Anyone from DJI?
2016-10-14
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

You can still  can get to it via the go app and the Gimbal settings .  It will remain on your screen as well till you close it .  I liked the other method better, Just  want to make sure you know it is still availablie in another location .
You may already know this , but for those who lurk , I want to make sure they know it is still available .

donnie
2016-10-14
Use props
rockliffe
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-14 20:47
You can still  can get to it via the go app and the Gimbal settings .  It will remain on your screen ...

Sure Donnie, I realise that, but as I'm sure you agree, it's a faff compared to how easy it was to access on the controller with your fingers. I find I need to correct the horizon many times during shooting, so to have to keep tapping on the screen is a complete joke. I can't believe DJI have removed it knowingly. Surely it is some screw up.
2016-10-14
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

rockliffe@btcon Posted at 2016-10-14 14:57
Sure Donnie, I realise that, but as I'm sure you agree, it's a faff compared to how easy it was to ...

For sure , this 3.0 went of Half baked and we are in the shit for sure with this one . I have NO IDEA how this passed , I mean anyone could see these problems on day 1.

I think the App is  shared with two many others ( Phantom , Mavic, Matrice , etc )  and there were bound to be program conflicts.  The should have just made a  separate type of app for these others .  

Donnie
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The roll correction is still present with the latest firmware and Go app combination. To clarify, it is the C2 + moving the ISO wheel, not the gimbal wheel. If the isssue persists, could you please provide your firmware combination and your Go app version, along with a short video in order to better assist.
2016-10-14
Use props
rockliffe
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-14 21:35
The roll correction is still present with the latest firmware and Go app combination. To clarify, it ...

Hi, sure, it is the ISO/photo wheel and the custom switch. I have been using it constantly. If you say it should still function and it hasn't been removed, then there is clearly an issue with my setup. I will post a video tomorrow. Thank you.
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

rockliffe@btcon Posted at 2016-10-15 05:54
Hi, sure, it is the ISO/photo wheel and the custom switch. I have been using it constantly. If you ...

Could you also verify which camera/gimbal set up you're using with your Inspire in the meantime? I would also recommend trying a RC reset via the following button combination:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

I would recommend a manual relink via the following combination:

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

I just want to make sure everything is copacetic after upgrading.
2016-10-14
Use props
rockliffe
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-14 23:02
Could you also verify which camera/gimbal set up you're using with your Inspire in the meantime? I ...

Sure, will test tomorrow, thanks.
2016-10-14
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-14 13:35
The roll correction is still present with the latest firmware and Go app combination. To clarify, it ...

Jamie  respectfully!

I just read your comments and thought I would double check your information. First of all I am not on the latest FW because it is broken. I have rolled back to RC 1.6 and AC at 1.81. So what I can tell you is the gimbal correction is NOT working with the C2 and ISO wheel! I will not install the latest FW until you guys release the new bug fixes. The only way to get the gimbal correction is to find it in the menu and manually adjust it like Donnie is saying above. As long as you keep the adjustment window open you can make changes to the gimbal....

IMG_7933.PNG IMG_7934.PNG IMG_7935.PNG

Come-on guys this is not our first rodeo  !!

Rich
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-10-15 09:28
Jamie  respectfully!

I just read your comments and thought I would double check your information. ...

I tried it myself on an Inspire 1/X3 combination with 1.9.1.3 on the AC, v1.8.1.00 on the X3 and V 1.7.40 on the AC. For the mobile device, I used a Samsung 6 Edge with the latest 3.0 update. I didn't have a problem getting it to work. The OP did not mention what mobile device he used, so perhaps it's something with the iOS version. If it was a function removed from the camera, it would affect both Android and iOS platforms.

I understand that most of you that are posting on this thread are iOS users, I will try to do a few more things on my end with an iOS just to be sure.
2016-10-14
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-14 19:01
I tried it myself on an Inspire 1/X3 combination with 1.9.1.3 on the AC, v1.8.1.00 on the X3 and V ...

Hi Jamie

Yes, I forgot to mention I was using the iPhone 7 on iOS 10 latest updates. Now I am posting the iPad mini 4 with iOS 10 latest version and DJI Go App 2.92   I am using the same Inspire 1 V2 X3 in the same exact location. The gimbal adjustment works fine

IMG_0067.PNG IMG_0066.jpg

So this is what the guys are reporting to you. I only have the iPhone 7 with the DJI Go App installed and do not want to update my iPads until the bugs are sorted out.

Thanks

Rich
2016-10-14
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's an issue with IOS version of the app 3.0

2016-10-15
Use props
rockliffe
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-15 03:01
I tried it myself on an Inspire 1/X3 combination with 1.9.1.3 on the AC, v1.8.1.00 on the X3 and V ...

Here you are Jamie

My app is IOS Ipad,
app V3.0.0.0
Aircraft V1.9.1.30+
Controller V1.7.40
Camera V 1.9.1.10

The problem is both on my X3 and X5 cameras.  Each on separate Inspires with their own controllers. How can I install previous IOS?

I've tried your suggestion, several times, as below, but without any sucess. It goes OK until the first light on the controller is supposed to become blue, it doesn't.

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

2016-10-15
Use props
rockliffe
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jamie, ideas?
2016-10-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

I have confirmed that it is an issue specifically with the iOS version of the Go app. It's an issue that's being worked on and we should have a fix for it soon.
2016-10-17
Use props
rockliffe
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-17 15:50
I have confirmed that it is an issue specifically with the iOS version of the Go app. It's an issue  ...

Thanks Jamie. You know, DJI really should get their act together. Thanks for your help, appreciated. Any idea when this will be corrected? Thanks.
2016-10-17
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi Rockliffe and All,

I just notice right now that iOS version of DJI GO 3.0.1 is now available in App Store, specifically mentioning that it restored the ability to tune the gimbal by simultaneously pressing C2 and the gimbal dual, amongst other fixes.
I haven't tried it yet.

Henry

Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 7.58.17 PM copy.jpg
2016-10-18
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

rockliffe@btcon Posted at 2016-10-17 10:36
Thanks Jamie. You know, DJI really should get their act together. Thanks for your help, appreciated ...

Just a dam shame that they keep you guys in the dark about these updates and what not .  I just  dont get it .

Now today we have the  Go update .......

donnie

2016-10-18
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-10-18 20:03
Hi Rockliffe and All,

I just notice right now that iOS version of DJI GO 3.0.1 is now available in  ...

Works nice for me but just flew a couple of flights with it - no issues as I could see. ( But have to mention that my system has been rock solid for 1000 flights except from some trouble with a FW some months ago ).I am always on latest FW and SW - always
2016-10-18
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-10-18 05:03
Hi Rockliffe and All,

I just notice right now that iOS version of DJI GO 3.0.1 is now available in  ...

Hi Henry
I updated my iPhone 7 and it looks like the gimbal problem has been corrected/ I also, update my other thread

Rich
2016-10-18
Use props
rockliffe
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wow, well, I am always the first to shout at DJI and their lack of support (mostly justified) but equally I always like to give praise when praise is justified. Thanks DJI, that is a sterling job. Fast and efficient. First class service.
2016-10-18
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2016-10-18 22:56
Works nice for me but just flew a couple of flights with it - no issues as I could see. ( But have  ...

Hi Nilsblix,

Glad to know your findings. With all the voices in this forum about 3.0, I am still at 2.9.2. May try update to 3.0.1 if more folks here have the same findings as yours.

And yes, I still remember the moment back in June / July this year when we have issues with AC FW 1.9.1.00 - Inspire 1 changed altitude all by itself. DJI was very responsive in diagnosing the problem and  released internal FW to us swiftly. It became the current FW 1.9.1.30.

This time, DJI again does not let us down in fixing the GO App. Thumbs up!

Henry
2016-10-18
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-10-19 01:35
Hi Nilsblix,

Glad to know your findings. With all the voices in this forum about 3.0, I am still a ...

Hello Henry

I have stopped listening to much of what I hear on the different forums. I have been advised from Barry Blanchard and Ken Booth to always stay on latest FW and SW - they are kind of "old timers" with a lot of knowledge to share. As I said I have nearly 1000 flights on my Inspire 1 and of course a lot of FW and SW updates. For me it has been a success story. I belive of course what people are experiences but I am very sceptical when I see the advices they are given about various downgrades of FW and SW - but of course I accept that there is a lot of knowledge in this group as I see some can reply and answer to nearly every post here.

Yes I remember the FW problems we had - great response from DJI when we got the beta FW
2016-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules