why am i getting blotchy flicker in my footage
1165 7 2016-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paulcairn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1371132 ft
Ireland

would a good quality sd card stop the pixel flicker or blotchy patterns, i am sure there is a name on whats happening here, forgive my explanation.

2016-10-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Well, it is hard to say if you actually do have a problem, because that is not original footage, it has been post-produced by some form of pretty basic editing application. I also note it is in 720p, so my first question would be where did you get the material from, the version on your phone or the SD card in the aircraft?

And no, the SD card quality will not affect the qua;lity of the image. The card that comes with the aircraft is perfectly adequate.

It would help if you put up the original material to look at, rather than the edited version.
2016-10-14
Use props
paulcairn
lvl.1
Ireland

Geebax Posted at 2016-10-15 00:25
Well, it is hard to say if you actually do have a problem, because that is not original footage, it  ...

The footage was taken from my iPad I used when flying, USB cable from my iPad to my pc, uploaded and edited for music on YouTube and that's it. When I look at the footage on my iPad all my video has that same intermittent blotchy pattern. When I get a chance i will put the sd card in my pc and compare the two.
2016-10-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

paulcairn@Hotma Posted at 2016-10-15 10:50
The footage was taken from my iPad I used when flying, USB cable from my iPad to my pc, uploaded a ...

There is the major part of your problem for a start. The footage on the iPad is a relatively low quality 720p 'proof' copy only. It is not intended to be used for anything other than allowing you to frame and expose the footage. The real copy of the material is the clip that is on the SD card.
2016-10-14
Use props
paulcairn
lvl.1
Ireland

Geebax Posted at 2016-10-15 01:59
There is the major part of your problem for a start. The footage on the iPad is a relatively low q ...

Still learning, photography and video upload is not my specialty, I'll see what I get from my sd card.
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

paulcairn@Hotma Posted at 2016-10-15 07:50
The footage was taken from my iPad I used when flying, USB cable from my iPad to my pc, uploaded a ...

Cache video will be a lower quality than the SD card footage. Please check the SD card to see if it's showing up there as well.
2016-10-14
Use props
paulcairn
lvl.1
Ireland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-15 02:37
Cache video will be a lower quality than the SD card footage. Please check the SD card to see if i ...

I initially had a problem with my sd card and my laptop so I relied on my iPad for upload.checked today and yes the sd card illiminates the issue, thanks to all for the advice, today I am wiser because of the forum.
2016-10-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

paulcairn@Hotma Posted at 2016-10-15 18:58
I initially had a problem with my sd card and my laptop so I relied on my iPad for upload.checked  ...

Thanks for the update, please let us know if it starts to effect the SD card footage.
2016-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules