Osmo Mobile plays dead. Anyone seen this behavior?
1107 6 2016-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jml2061
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10568 ft
Germany

So we got a Osmo Mobile not even two weeks ago. Unpacked it, installed DJI Go on a phone that would fit (since my iPhone 7+ doesn't really work with the gimbal while in a case, and the kind of footage one shoots with a gimbal is the kind of activity you want your 1000 Euros in a case), tried it out, shot some footage, and then packed everything together. Arrived at my vacation spot, unpacked the Osmo Mobile, turned it on... it's playing dead. Green light comes on, but neither bluetooth, nor gimbal, activate. There's a super faint whir audible, as if the fan turns on, but that's it.

Online Chatted with Support. Who insist that it must be, because I don't have the phone in the gimbal (I do) or that I am too dumb to turn on Bluetooth on my phone (I am not). In fact, six devices around the Osmo Mobile had Bluetooth on, and not one saw the Beacon. There seems to be no way to diagnose the failure, there isn't even a resource online with decent technical manuals.

So I now have to drag around an expensive piece of equipment with no real use, until I get back home and hopefully can find a way to have it checked, that doesn't tell me it'll be until January for them to get back to me.

Online I find a few mentions of this, no one seems to have found a solution other than sending it back in, with the known long wait times to find out if DJI wants to cover this under warranty. Does anyone have an idea what else I could try?
2016-10-15
Use props
Troubleshooter
lvl.3
  • >>>

man im sorry to hear this, im really really hoping you get this fixed
2016-10-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, sorry for the trouble, to locate the problem, please help clarify the DJI GO APP is V3.0, right? The battery was fully-charged before you tried to activated it?
Since 6 devices around cannot not see the Osmo Bluetooth, maybe it's hardware issue, it would be best to send it in for further evaluation then get it repaired by the engineers.
Really sorry for the inconvenience caused, hope you kindly understanding, thanks so much.
2016-10-16
Use props
jml2061
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10568 ft

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-17 10:06
Hi, sorry for the trouble, to locate the problem, please help clarify the DJI GO APP is V3.0, right? ...

Yes, fully charged, latest Firmware. And, before anyone asks, yes, I tried with a sticker over the "eye" as well. The German support email doesn't answer, I'll try calling as soon as I am back somewhere, where I actually can call.
2016-10-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

jml2061 Posted at 2016-10-23 03:16
Yes, fully charged, latest Firmware. And, before anyone asks, yes, I tried with a sticker over the ...

We feel sorry for the trouble, you could provide us the ticket number so that we'll help you escalate it.
You can call Germany hotline when it's convenient for you. it's +49 (0) 9771-177 3000 Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 3:00PM (GMT+1)
2016-10-23
Use props
Ey1990
lvl.2
Hong Kong

is your phone black? coz it happened to my phone a few times also n i heard people saying put a duct tape or sth at the back n it should fix the issue..i tried n it worked for me but its quite annoying though
2016-10-24
Use props
jangermann
lvl.3
Flight distance : 182680 ft
Denmark

Disable phone detection.
2016-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules