Recommended device to use in place of your mobile phone.
2907 12 2016-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,
What dedicated device would you recommend to use with the Mavic controller that could meet the desired specification as a stable and permanent alternative to your phone? I don't need an overspecced device and there shouldn't be any need to spend a fortune. Any thoughts?
2016-10-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Here is the list of recommended devices.
People will be making aftermarket device holders so you can use larger devices (iPad Mini)

iOS Version v3.0.0.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v3.0.0.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.

*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
2016-10-15
Use props
WTXz1dqzImBg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45226 ft

DJI Ken
That for the list.
I didn't see iPhone se. It the newest version of iPhone, packed in the size of an iPhone 5.
Currently running version 10.0.2
I not going to be happy with the small size of my current phone. Will be looking to getting an iPad mini, once the adapter becomes available, if I ever get my Mavic.
2016-10-17
Use props
GswOne
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66969 ft
Italy

What about:

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Product size: 15.10 x 7.60 x 0.70 cm / 5.94 x 2.99 x 0.28 inches
2016-10-17
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for the replies so far. I was rather hoping that there may be something on the market that is powerful enough to process the video stream from the Mavic, in high definition, that doesn't have to be a phone. It would be good if it was also the max size, or close to it, that the controller can cope with. I was thinking something along the lines of an Apple ipod equivalent in an Android device (or Apple) range that best fits the bill. Ipods just seem a bit small compared to most of the large handsets these days. So the three criteria are that it will just fit in the controller, has a good HD screen and can process the data it is fed without glitching.
2016-10-18
Use props
sierahotel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 430823 ft
Canada

DJI, what's the nature of the usb connection between the remote and the smartphone. Is there any data moving through that connection or is it just a power assist?
2016-10-18
Use props
GZP
lvl.2

Latvia

Except Apple devices, list of the recommended devices for Mavic is quite short. I'm looking for separate device (not my mobile phone), also which is hopefully not very expensive. Please share your experience with device from list below or with device outside this list, if you have such.

Recommended Devices
ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.

Also i'm looking on NVIDIA SHIELD tablet K1. Is there anybody who is using this tabled with Mavic and latest DJI software? Does it work? 4k support was very interesting to me. If there would be software for basic video editing (as i don't have computer which supports 4k video), it would be great.
2016-12-20
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

WTXz1dqzImBg Posted at 2016-10-17 09:13
DJI Ken
That for the list.
I didn't see iPhone se. It the newest version of iPhone, packed in the size of an iPhone 5.

I've got an iPhone SE. As far as specs go, it works great.

However, it's tiny. Moving sliders is difficult. Just trying to set the rotation speed in POI mode is a pain in the neck. Maybe if I had tiny, childlike fingers, but my normal sized fingers usually take several attempts to set the sliders where I want.

I bought a mini-tablet with a 7" screen. I haven't had a chance to test it, since I crashed my Mavic and haven't gotten it back yet. I am fairly confident that I'll enjoy using it a lot more than the iPhone SE. I love it as a phone, and it fits great in my pocket, but the screen size is not great with the controller.
2016-12-20
Use props
Mavic 007
lvl.2
United States

GZP Posted at 2016-12-20 02:55
Except Apple devices, list of the recommended devices for Mavic is quite short. I'm looking for separate device (not my mobile phone), also which is hopefully not very expensive. Please share your experience with device from list below or with device outside this list, if you have such.

I am using the nVidia Shield K1 and it works great. It also has hdmi output, so you can feed HD video to a set of goggles. I am using the Yuneec Skyview goggles.
2016-12-20
Use props
Cwood
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97638 ft
Canada

I'm using my old Sony Z3 dedicated to the remote and it works well.  Cruise craigs list or kijiji and see if there are used ones around?  If I were doing it with a new purchase I would probably do ipad min
2016-12-20
Use props
GZP
lvl.2

Latvia

Mavic 007, does nVidia Shield K1 fit in the Mavic controller?
2016-12-20
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

GZP Posted at 2016-12-20 05:58

shows the K1 & Mavic in use with goggles.
2016-12-20
Use props
Mavic 007
lvl.2
United States

GZP Posted at 2016-12-20 05:58

No, it does not fit. I ended up with one of these:http://www.ebay.com/itm/1GRAY-DJ ... 26sd%3D162301779449
2016-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules