Matrix Metering or only Center Weighted Metering?
1754 2 2016-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marjamar
lvl.3
United States

Just got the Asmo+ and was amazed by the stability it is capable of.  I have shot video since it started and film before that, and I have never seen anything compare in the price range of this little camera.  That's the good stuff.  Here's the bad.  How in the world do you keep AE actually working properly.  I mounted the Asmo+ on my bike to really give the stabilizing function a workout and it did really good on that part.  But, I have footage that goes from almost too black to make out what is being shot, to where white clouds look as bright as the sun, and everywhere in between.  I have been looking at the android app and it seems there is only center weighted light metering.  If so, it may be a factor here, but still it is going to such extremes it can only be something faulty someplace in my estimation.  Even if there is matrix metering, will this solve this issue is my question.  I see I can lock exposure, but I really do not want that as a mounted camera must be able to adapt to changing light on the fly.

Anyone?

-Rodger

2016-10-15
Use props
Skint
lvl.2
New Zealand

According to the specs and the SDK there should be

Center-weighted metering
Average metering
Spot metering (area option 12 x 8)

I know that taping the screen gets spot mode but im not sure if the default is center or average.
2016-10-16
Use props
marjamar
lvl.3
United States

Skint Posted at 2016-10-16 06:05
According to the specs and the SDK there should be

Center-weighted metering

Thanks Skint.  Started me looking in the right places.  There seems to be a Center Metering and Matrix Metering by the looks of it.  The Matrix metering is about normal with the various cameras I've used, so I will stick with that most of the time.  I need to use locking the auto exposure possible as well.
2016-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules