Mavic Operating Temperatures
13743 7 2016-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
beetles
lvl.3

Canada

The Mavic pro operating temerature seems very narrow. Are all drones confined to operating in above freezing temps.? I see video of drones on top of snow capped mountains or poeple skiing with a drone where I assume the temperatures are well below freezing. What good is the drone to people that actually have winter 2 - 6 months of the year. Which I would assume would be almost all of Canada and the USA as well as everyone else not living close to the equator. Not everyone lives in sub tropical areas, and the vast percentage that do can't even think about buying any toys.

Next question what about heat? I was thinking of buying the Mavic Pro to take on my trips around the world to various deserts. If this drone is not capable of operating at normal higher temeratures is their another option?
Does the heat effect the battery life?
Does the Mavic Pro run hot?

2016-10-15
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft

Just look at the Mavic Specs on the DJI site, the "Aircraft" itself can handle 0°C - 40°C, while the Intelligent Flight Battery does: 5°C - 40°C, now these are SAFE values, you could very probably even take it out on -10°C and i'm almost 100% positive nothing would happen, but IF something happens and your Mavic crashes and you send it to DJI for Replacement, they would see that you did fly it below 0°C and won't probably replace it, or if they are probably with lots of $$$.

Hope this answers it
2016-10-16
Use props
Marco Cantieni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1630453 ft

Ange1walk Posted at 2016-10-16 15:16
Just look at the Mavic Specs on the DJI site, the "Aircraft" itself can handle 0°C - 40°C, while t ...

Lithium ion batteries lose capacity when operated not in optimal temperature conditions. I have no idea if this applies also for Lithium polymere batteries
2016-10-16
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

If the Phantom 4 can fly in it, so can the Mavic.  I looked at both manuals at they have the same operating temps.
2016-10-16
Use props
beetles
lvl.3

Canada

Thanks to everyone for answering my question.
2016-10-16
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

beetles Posted at 2016-10-16 11:59
Thanks to everyone for answering my question.

I Live in Alaska and I can tell you that I have operated my P3A below the recommended Temps @ 0 F . don't push the throttle and take it easy... I bring the bird home before 50%. Let the bird warm up really well before the next flight.
I also preheat the batteries on the trucks defrost...... operating this cold probably isn't smart with older batteries nor for the longgevity of the drone.... but I have done it
2016-10-16
Use props
Cactus Bert
lvl.3

Canada

AlaskanTides Posted at 2016-10-16 20:31
I Live in Alaska and I can tell you that I have operated my P3A below the recommended Temps @ 0 F  ...

Thanks! I thought that it must be able to handle greater temperature differences. But like you said take it easy and slower.
2016-10-16
Use props
fansd47263f2
lvl.1
United States

just got a mavic from dji and if get over 130 degrees  how hot should it get
2017-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules