Packing Up the Inspire 1
775 2 2016-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
naildrivingman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112451 ft
United States

I normally don't break down my bird for travel to a flight area.  I usually set it safely in the cab of my truck and "lock" it down with pillows or blankets so that it doesn't bounce around.  Recently I went on a longer trip and decided to put it into the case for safer and easier transport.  When I went to remove the prop locks I ended up breaking 2 of 4.  I had replacements, so that thankfully was not an issue.  What did I do wrong?

Incidently, I noticed that there was a very slight chip on the leading edge of one of the carbon fiber props (DJI brand) and decided to change out, but I did not have a replacement.  Instead I had a full set of the standard DJI plastic props.  When I reinstalled the plastic props, the locks installed and removed very easily.  Thinking something was strange I tested the installion by reinstalling one of the carbon props.  I had to pry the lock fingers on to the motor vents in order for them to lock in.  The only conclusion I can draw is that there is a slight difference in hub size between the two props.

Has anyone else experienced this?  I'm likely not going to keep on using carbon fiber, because they seem to damage quite easily if they are bumped into anything hard.  The plastic props seem to be a little softer and more forgiving.

Thanks,
Chris

2016-10-16
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Stay with the plastic props. I've long converted to the 2nd gen quick release system but the old props work. When removing, wiggle the clip a little so as not to apply too much force before removing them. You are obviously a pretty strong person to break those clips
2016-10-16
Use props
naildrivingman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112451 ft
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-10-16 07:11
Stay with the plastic props. I've long converted to the 2nd gen quick release system but the old pro ...

Maybe not strong, but definitely determined!  Thanks for the advice on the plastic props.  I do think they are the way to go, plus they are cheaper.
2016-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules