Replace X5 or wait until Inspire 2?
1265 3 2016-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bruce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 686916 ft
United States

Right now my Inspire X5 is sitting on the side of Simsbury Mountain in CT.  (Of course, I would manage to crash it in a fairly unaccessable area.. but thats another matter... Mostly stupidity on my part. )

But my question is, Do I buy a new Drone and camera (don't need controllers or batteries or case, etc. etc.)

OR do I assume an Inspire 2 will be announced soon(ish) and wait a month or 2?

Bruce

2016-10-16
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, I am sorry to hear you crashed in the jungle out there. That really stinks!

To answer your question it would depend on how fast you want to get back in the air. If you are not in a hurry, then by all means wait for the new Inspire 2. If you want to get moving again soon, then buy one of the Inspire 1 units on sale and feel good about it.

Best of luck to you and sorry for your loss
Rich
2016-10-16
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-10-17 02:00
Wow, I am sorry to hear you crashed in the jungle out there. That really stinks!

To answer your que ...

I would wait for the i2.
Allegedly out December...or January...or not.
Now, as RichJ53  said, if you're in a hurry and d not have a 2nd bird, I would buy i1 only.
Last I checked it was still available. And the good news is that you get to pick the camera you want. Z3...Pro...
Although I have the feeling that the i2 will have the Z3 as standard.
2016-10-16
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Sorry for your loss

I would have bought a Inspire 1 (only) - it is very nice prices on them now.

Then when the Inspire 2 comes - wait and save for it a few months - then you have a main bird and a backup
2016-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules