Disconnected
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jpaydirt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2969 ft
United States

What does this mean? I have not updated since a year ago now all of a sudden I can't connect, I replaced the usb module and no change, I'm using ipad mini 3 running ios 8 tried several different usb cables,  I have set my ipad to not allow app updates, I also do not turn on wifi when its connected to the RC but RC has been showing that there are updates required, but I have ignored them and have always been able to fly, connection issues have just started in the last few flights and have now progressed to not being able to connect, I can still fly and take video and pictures but can't get the GO App to display a picture, at this time I can no longer even get to the screen saying "disconnected"  just the "How to connect"   The bird took a hard hit some time ago and I had to replace the gimble arm and the body but everything worked great after the repair, I have been reading about the same issue others are having and have tried some of the suggested fixes but to no avail, but since I am running some old firmware, and all others who are having this issue seem to be dealing with newer firmware and ios updates, so is there anyone who can speculate on why I would be having these same issues when I have not updated any firmware or ios devices,  on a side note I installed the latest GO app on my iphone 5SE and still nothing, but thats not surprising as the bird and RC are running old firmware,   anyone......anyone.   Jeff
DJI results.PNG
2016-10-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi jpaydirt, may I know what's your current APP version? "How to connect" means your iPad is not connected to the remote, since you have changed different USB cables, please try to restart all devices and turn on them in another order.
Or you could have a test with an Android device to check whether there is something wrong with the USB port.
2016-10-16
Use props
jpaydirt
lvl.2
United States

What is my current APP version? Isn't that in the screen shot I posted?  I don't know what version it is if that screenshot doesn't tell you, I updated to the latest version in October of 2015
I have tried all kinds of start sequences, and I do not have an android device,  and as I stated in my post I have replaced the usb module,
Can you tell me why a functioning older version of the firmware and a working ios device that was not updated would all of a sudden start to have the same problems that newer versions are having? unless I left the Wifi on while it was plugged in to the controller and it downloaded the update warnings which in turn rendered my copter impotent
2016-10-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

RC firmware would not download on its own, especially if your firmware is older than 1.3.0. All I can speculate is that components were disrupted after your hard landing and have caused the parts to wear out. All I can recommend trying is updating the aircraft, then the RC to the latest firmware. If you're running firmware older than 1.3, then you will need to upgrade to at least 1.3 before continuing when it comes time to upgrading the RC. If you're unable to upgrade firmware, then I would recommend getting in contact with support.us@dji.com for a potential repair service.
2016-10-16
Use props
jpaydirt
lvl.2
United States

If it doesn't download on its own then why would my RC show that an upgrade was required? something downloaded obviously not a firmware update but something. I didn't crash my RC, I'm just having trouble getting the GO App to function, as the copter will fly, record video and take pictures, I have been reading others troubles with the same issue on this forum but with later firmware, so maybe mine is a component issue.  Can you explain to me what signals the GO App to become active and which device that signal comes from,The camera and gimble were involved in the crash, I replaced the body shell because of crack in one of the motor mounts,  Thank you for your help  Jeff
2016-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules