Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go 3.0.0 crashing
1262 17 2016-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mambrose82909
New

United States

Hi DJI.  I updated my app to the newest version yesterday and when I went to fly today the app kept crashing.  It wouldn't stay running for more than a minute at the most.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and still the same issue.  I'm using a Nexus 6P Android phone which the app worked on flawlessly before.  Is anyone working on a fox for this?  Its very unnerving while flying and losing video feed.
2016-10-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, Nexus 6P is not in DJI recommended devices list, the performance cannot be guaranteed, would you mind changing another mobile device in the list to check again?
Besides, please help clarify your aircraft model and you mobile system, thanks.
2016-10-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Please clarify what Phantom model you have and what firmware you're running. How much space do you have on the device and have you already tried reinstalling the Go app?
2016-10-16
Use props
ingpacheba10
lvl.1

Mexico

Hello,

yesterday i update the app to 3.o version, i have a samsung S7 flat, the cell phone is constantly rebooting, and observe high temperature too. i have a phantom 3 advanced, all the firmware are updated 1.960v . Dji you should take a look in playstore and read all the comments because we are alot of users whith the same problem.
2016-10-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

ingpacheba10 Posted at 2016-10-17 12:39
Hello,

yesterday i update the app to 3.o version, i have a samsung S7 flat, the cell phone is const ...

Thanks for your feedback, may I know your mobile system? have you tried to delete the APP and re-install it?
Please turn off all background programs.
For the high temperature, would you please describe it in details? thanks so much.
We will pay attention on this case.
2016-10-16
Use props
Dacon Productio
lvl.2

United States

I have a P4 with all the FW updated and running an iPad Air 2 IOS 10.0.2 dedicated for P4 only. After the GO 3.0.0 update the video HD feed is junk, not stable, with delays, green screen, etc.
DJI should STOP putting all the crap in the same app and make dedicated apps for specific platforms.
DJI GO-Phantom for P3 and P4
DJI GO-Osmo
DJI GO-Inspire/Matrice
I makes no sense to have all apps in one application since nobody can use 2 platforms at the same time. Use GO-Phantom for drone, land, setup the Osmo and open GO-Osmo app. Too many code lines in the same bucket is looking for problems and data corruption.
2016-10-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dacon Productio Posted at 2016-10-17 16:38
I have a P4 with all the FW updated and running an iPad Air 2 IOS 10.0.2 dedicated for P4 only. Afte ...

Hi Dacon, sorry for the trouble, before upgrading it, image transmission was working greatly, right?
The remote is V1.8.0, right?
Have you tried to delete APP and re-install it?
would you please take a video or screen shot for us about the video feed?
Besides, thank you for your feedback and advice.
2016-10-17
Use props
phil.wittmann
lvl.1

Germany

I also have big Problems since 3.0.0.

I am using a Nexus 9...

No Chance to fly anymore.

App crashes random when connected with the phantom 4. Mostly it crashes after a few seconds. Sometimes when the Bird is on the ground, sometimes when it is in The air. I can Not reproduce what's the Deal with it.

Also reinstalled the App and deleted all App Data.

Earlier App Version work just fine...
2016-10-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

phil.wittmann Posted at 2016-10-17 19:27
I also have big Problems since 3.0.0.

I am using a Nexus 9...

Thanks for your feedback, that seems caused by the incompatibility, we will improve it soon.
Please use IOS device instead at the moment, thank you so much for your understanding.
2016-10-17
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I asked for this on another thread too; so I will just ask again:

DJI,

Please stop giving us bloatware now, which include all of your products, all modes of operation.  Please create separate apps for the P3, P4,...etc. Also, if some of us do not use the live streaming, please give us an app without that option.

My performance has not recovered since the Live streaming option was introduced, and as more things get added, the performance degrades further. I was using 2.9.2 and iphone 6p, and I was having adequate performance.  I updated to 3.0 and I am starting to see a few green screens again. And I know from experience, this will get much worse, when summer arrives and the temperature rises to about 90.

Also, please optimize the HD channel switching as the HD signal goes low. Even though I leave mine set to Auto, it never switches, even when the HD signal goes to critical levels.  What is the advantage of AUTO, if you do not swith it when the signal reaches critical level?  It sounds like an easy patch,
<IF> HD_POWER<10%, <AND> Distance < 5000 <THEN> HD_CH= HD_CH + 1
<ELSE>
<IF> HD_POWER <10%, <AND> Distance > 5000 <THEN> HD_CH= HD_CH - 1

Repeat this until new signal power is increased.

2016-10-17
Use props
RyanAir
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-17 13:45
Thanks for your feedback, that seems caused by the incompatibility, we will improve it soon.
Pleas ...

I appreciate your work on fixing the problem.

"Unfortunately" i dont have an Apple device, so there is noch Chance for me to fly with a working device.

My second device is a Galaxy S7.... Thats even worse because it crashes the whole device instead of crashing only the App (like on the nexus9).
2016-10-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

RyanAir Posted at 2016-10-17 21:05

"Unfortunately" i dont have an Apple device, so the ...

Really sorry to hear about that, the engineers are working on it recently, please wait patiently.Thank you so much.
2016-10-17
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I am also patient; waiting for my suggestions to be added.

Please implement them before the snow storms arrive!!
2016-10-18
Use props
quanthonytrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

RyanAir Posted at 2016-10-18 00:05

"Unfortunately" i dont have an Apple device, so the ...

Do you have a Mavic? If no, then revert back to 2.8.4 or less.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.co ... 8.4_apkpure.com.apk
2016-10-18
Use props
RyanAir
lvl.1

Germany

quanthonytrang Posted at 2016-10-19 04:39
Do you have a Mavic? If no, then revert back to 2.8.4 or less.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u ...

Got a phantom 4.

Thanks for the hint.
Gonna test it.
It's gonna work for sure.
2016-10-19
Use props
kevinslawinski
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-18 10:41
Really sorry to hear about that, the engineers are working on it recently, please wait patiently.T ...

Hi,
I wanted to chime in stating that I see this same issue on my P4 and Nexus 9.

I saw that there was an update pushed out today, but the release notes did not mention the Nexus 9/Phantom 4 specifically. I will test today and report back if this is still an issue.
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

kevinslawinski Posted at 2016-11-5 00:29
Hi,

Please keep us posted, thanks.
2016-11-5
Use props
kevinslawinski
New

United States

kevinslawinski Posted at 2016-11-5 00:29
Hi,

Okay, after an hour or so flying I did not have any crashes in the app during flight. The update from 11/5 appears to have resolved this issue for the time being.
2016-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules