Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3S Follow Me Mode
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Question, to do the follow me mode on the Phantom 3 Standard does your device have to have GPS capabilities? I currently have an iPad Mini 2 with no cellular or GPS capabilities. I watched a video on YouTube that said you needed GPS, just checking because this video came out in 2015 and I know how  fast things can change.
2016-10-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Yes, you definitely need GPS capabilites at the RC end, because the only way the aircraft knows where the RC is located is by being sent its GPS co-ordinates. For some reason, Apple do not fit GPS receivers to iPads that are not cellular equipped. You can link an iPhone to you iPad to provide GPS capability, or perhaps use a Garmin Geo and link it via Bluetooth to the iPad. If anything though, the Garmin would be far better than the iPhone, as it has a very good GPS receiver.
2016-10-17
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-10-17 18:24
Yes, you definitely need GPS capabilites at the RC end, because the only way the aircraft knows wher ...

Ok, thanks for setting me straight on how it works. I'm happy with what it can do without doing follow me. Besides, I'm saving my toy money for a Mavic Pro.
2016-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules