Let's Talk: Drone Laws in your Country
24442 103 2016-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Really interested in the interpretations of UK CAA and FPV exemption rules n regs, looking forward to what the CAA replies with!  i fly all three disciplines    Fun/FPV and Commercial ( independantly of course) .
2017-1-14
Use props
squalloo
lvl.1

France

GMG Posted at 2017-1-11 15:45
Laurent - any idea the logic/rationale  behind the many, many red, localised  hexagons?

The logic is so that the no fly zone around airports is more a stripe of different size (depending on the traffic of tht said airport) following the landing/take off strip.

The big ones of different shapes are often millitary training zones.

Finally big orange ones are nationnal/regionnal parks.
2017-1-14
Use props
Willik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

Talking about drones and legal flying, I just accidently found "EHANG184 AAV" (don't want to get banned, so I don't provide the direct link).
They are offering it now in one shop here in CzechRep. as pre-orders :-))

I am very curious about the legislation process in this particular case... since it can hold one person up to 100kg and fly for 23min @ 100km/h speed (but should be "autonomous" flight, so probably some pre-programmed flight with no direct RC or on-board piloting).... hmmm, sounds interesting, doesn't it? :-) The CZ legislation does not allow to transport people or animals on the drone, and also dropping or taking anything from/to the drone is prohibited.
2017-1-14
Use props
Ginter Grey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1119347 ft
United Kingdom

sandgrownun Posted at 2016-10-23 12:47
I agree the UK CAA laws are confusing.

For example:

I you are not flying your drone for business then you should follow the 'drone code' published by the CAA, which looks the same as the rest of Europe.
2017-1-14
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

squalloo Posted at 2017-1-14 14:47
The logic is so that the no fly zone around airports is more a stripe of different size (depending on the traffic of tht said airport) following the landing/take off strip.

The big ones of different shapes are often millitary training zones.

If you zoom into the map at high detail, there's a series of very small, localised hexagons that are about 100m  across. The reason I ask the question is that they're scattered along various points all over the country including near me. I'm not anywhere near an airport — the closest is over 25km away. Another shows up over a small, rural intersection, with very little traffic.  While I could surmise some possible rationales for them, I really want to *know* what the logic was.
2017-1-15
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
France

GMG Posted at 2017-1-15 00:52
If you zoom into the map at high detail, there's a series of very small, localised hexagons that are about 100m  across. The reason I ask the question is that they're scattered along various points all over the country including near me. I'm not anywhere near an airport — the closest is over 25km away. Another shows up over a small, rural intersection, with very little traffic.  While I could surmise some possible rationales for them, I really want to *know* what the logic was.

Here's an example of the hexagon/restricted zones I was talking about...

Carte.jpg
2017-1-15
Use props
squalloo
lvl.1

France

GMG Posted at 2017-1-15 07:14
Here's an example of the hexagon/restricted zones I was talking about...

Sorry I read it wrong (rectangles instead of hexagons ><)
The hexagond are all the villages and "Hameaux" consired as such populated area.
As you can see sometime the town is a bit bigger than the hexagon and then you should not fly even on the normal zone.
These hexagons are just here as a remind of what is considered as a town and what is not (this is I think extracted from nationnal ressources)

I would just basically fly over theses with common sense : do not film if people shows on cameras , Aim away from the houses and if for a great shoot you have to go over private space just ring the bell. People are usually happy and ok with you going on as long as you can give them somewhere they can see the result (I always have a bunch of cards with name/ Mail address/ website etc).

2017-1-15
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
France

squalloo Posted at 2017-1-15 12:52
Sorry I read it wrong (rectangles instead of hexagons >

Except that they're not. I've got these things on charts above a single house at the end of our road, but then no such restriction over much denser housing just up the road. So again, I'm trying to find out what the official rationale is, rather than speculate on what it might be.
2017-1-16
Use props
superjet96
lvl.3
Flight distance : 142743 ft
United States

GMG Posted at 2017-1-11 15:33
I just went to Venice and had to leave the Mavic at home, as Venice is a no-fly zone for quads. In a case of an idiot spoiling it for the rest of us, there was a tourist who, earlier this year, crashed in St Mark's Square. His drone struck a tourist, a young girl. Her clothes were ripped, but fortunately she was otherwise not hurt. As a result there's a total ban there. Others from Italy will no doubt offer a.more complete picture.

I am going to be touring all over the country.  I guess I will have to check every location?
2017-1-25
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
France

superjet96 Posted at 2017-1-25 09:53
I am going to be touring all over the country.  I guess I will have to check every location?

A number of countries have specific maps for drone flying, outlining no-go areas. Have a google for Italy. Best of luck.
2017-1-25
Use props
superjet96
lvl.3
Flight distance : 142743 ft
United States

GMG Posted at 2017-1-25 15:26
A number of countries have specific maps for drone flying, outlining no-go areas. Have a google for Italy. Best of luck.

Thanks will do.  Things may change between now and July anyway.
2017-1-26
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

I'm planning a trip to Berggasthof Rofan would it be OK to bring the Mavic there and fly a little bit?
2017-2-16
Use props
rausmade
New
Germany

Dhirmadi Posted at 2016-12-19 06:49
Some people have talked about Peru here.  Apparently there is a change in the law that enables the use of a single non commercial drone without the need of a permit.

http://www.mtc.gob.pe/comunicaciones/concesiones/internamientos/documentos/RD_479-2016-MTC27.pdf

Any news about this? The text within the PDF...

"...Además, se permite su uso para fines deportivos y recreativos sin contar
con permiso de la autoridad aérea."

says, that a permit is not required for private usage. Is this information valid? Any experiences?
2017-2-27
Use props
DeniKey
New

Slovakia

Hi friends, I am from SLOVAKIA we are neighbour country of Austria.

Here we have very strange rules about flying with drones. It`s two main paragraph of law:
1. If you have drone without camera you can fly 30 meters / 90 feets high and the maximum distance from the pilot not more than 300 meters / 985 feet.
2. If you have drone WITH camera you must have special license from Ministry from Transportation which cost 600 € in first year and then you must pay 330 € every 12 months. For that amount you can fly no more then 120 meters / 393 feet high and 50 meter /165 feet from nearest building. Flying in the city is absolutely banned.

I am very sad about that because absolutely love videos from DJI drones and i want Mavic for a very long time ...
P.S. The fun fact is that they have forbidden them after showing the luxury property of politicians.

2017-5-11
Use props
Woqi
lvl.1
Israel

steven@madow.co Posted at 2016-10-18 10:28
I live in the US where I can normally fly without too much concern.  I've been asked to stop a couple of times, stopped immediately, and went on with my life.

However, I have a trip coming up to Peru in December (hopefully with a Mavic and not a P3P).  They allow drones to be flown in their country with pretty typical rules.  This sadly includes not flying over Macchu Picchu, but oh well.  They also require an expensive permit just to bring a tripod into that site, so it seems that they really just want to limit commercial photography.  I researched ahead of time and discovered that a new law recently passed so that all drones coming into the country will be confiscated for 10 days.  As my trip is 10 days, this pretty much meant that drones were a no-go.  Luckily, I speak halfway-decent Spanish and after dozens of emails with the MTC (Peruvian FAA) and Customs, I am on my way to getting pre-approval to bring the drone in, which hopefully will be smooth sailing.  I think that flying it in rural areas will be easy except at extremely tourist-filled destinations.  Now, just to hope that it doesn't rain.

Awesome video!!
2017-9-20
Use props
fansf5e703c4
lvl.1
Kuwait

Im going to travel Austria planning to bring my mavic  is it allowed to fly drone in austria?
2018-1-31
Use props
Neroangelo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7441 ft
United Kingdom

peter@wonderlan Posted at 2016-10-19 00:35
The UK is both very sensible but also very confused. The new Air Navigation Order that came into force in August 2016 does clarify and simplify a number of things and removes a formal height restriction on any UAV less than 7kg but you must maintain VLOS at all times. However you cannot fly over "congested" areas using any UAV that is capably of surveillance - where congested is defined as "in relation to a city, town or settlement, means any area which is substantially used for residential, industrial, commercial or recreational purposes" - which can be interpreted as either the entire country (what isn't used for one of these purposes?) or just those parts that are "substantially" populated (used) - does that mean at different times of day there are different rules?

I much prefer the direct language of the Australian regs, posted above, which says things like:

I believe that new laws come out in April...
2018-1-31
Use props
Neroangelo
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Wait...€250000 for flying close to someone’s property and recording?? Geez, I thought Austria was more laid back than that!
2018-1-31
Use props
Neroangelo
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Mimoid Posted at 2016-10-23 04:31
You are lucky! We in Sweden are not allowed to fly a camera equipped drone at all. Nowhere, no way.

Oh, wait, actually you are allowed to fly inside your own home but you will have to cover the windows first (no kidding).

Geez! Sweden is screwed!
2018-1-31
Use props
Neroangelo
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Wellsi Posted at 2017-1-9 12:11
I understood we simply have to keep a 50 metre bubble away from people's property when flying outside congested areas in the UK.
So for me, I live in a village and I can take off and fly out over other people's  properties to the countryside as long as I@m 50 metres away or above them....

I believe the laws are changing in April. Something I didn’t know til recently is that we are meant to be insured as well in case the drone falls out of the sky and hits someone or damages property! We are also meant to have permission to fly over peoples property.  Then there is the data protection if you record someone else’s property/persons.
2018-1-31
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Neroangelo Posted at 2018-1-31 16:51
I believe the laws are changing in April. Something I didn’t know til recently is that we are meant to be insured as well in case the drone falls out of the sky and hits someone or damages property! We are also meant to have permission to fly over peoples property.  Then there is the data protection if you record someone else’s property/persons.

Where are you referring to?  
2018-1-31
Use props
Neroangelo
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Wellsi Posted at 2018-1-31 16:54
Where are you referring to?

Uk...sorry ,I just went through your other posts, didn’t realise it had been gone over.
I read those things when I went through the drone code a couple of weeks ago before buying my Mavic and saw the new proposed legislation on the BBC news page....I’m tired just now though... ;)
I also got info from the BMFA website...

2018-1-31
Use props
veletron
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Anyone care to translate the rules for Spain?  There appears to be much contradiction as seen on this thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-86411-1-1.html

I downloaded the IcarusRPA app which shows NFZ, restricted and prohibited area's etc, but the actual rules of who can fly (eg what qualifications/license/insurance) a not-for-profit hobbyist pilot needs are hard to come by.

Nigel
2018-2-16
Use props
frankengels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2273796 ft
Belgium

zach5150 Posted at 2016-10-18 03:38
I'm going to Germany in December and have been looking for information about flying there. This is what I've found so far. If there are any Germans reading this I'd appreciate if you have any further detail.

-don't fly higher than 400 feet

Correct but you have to add:
Don't fly over build up aera
Don't fly at Natural parks
Always VLOS

--> Your Drone needs to have permanently fixed fire resistant plate with your name and your address on it

Here the official map with the No Fly Zones for Germany:
https://map2fly.flynex.de
2018-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules