Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New European Rules Threaten Drone Use
751 7 2016-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Betelgeuse
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Having only recently bought a phantom 4 I am very angry and concerned about this. It looks to me at the very least they are trying to wipe out recreational use of drones, Illegal to fly more than 50 metres high, and only100 metres distance?? Why would anyone bother flying.

What are people's thoughts? http://droneinsider.org/new-easa-drone-regulations-threaten-kill-uk-european-drone-industry/
2016-10-18
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

I don't care, it's EU regulation and we've escaped from that mad house

I sympathise with others still in the EU, but I guess there isn't much anyone can do about it.
2016-10-18
Use props
Betelgeuse
lvl.2

United Kingdom

That's the point, I'm in the UK but these rules will be implemented before article 50, so the CAA will have to accept it. And it's going to be near impossible to get a law changed back to what it was before.
2016-10-18
Use props
2000vadasz2
lvl.3

United States

this is so stupid. they might as well ban drones altogether. like imagine getting  drone that can fly 7km and can only use it to 50 m. people are way to scared of drones because a few people misuse them. and now people who are responsible can barley fly it...
2016-10-18
Use props
2000vadasz2
lvl.3

United States

Betelgeuse Posted at 2016-10-18 11:28
That's the point, I'm in the UK but these rules will be implemented before article 50, so the CAA wi ...

I'm sorry for all of you in the eu. and we thought in america the rules where unfair.
2016-10-18
Use props
Betelgeuse
lvl.2

United Kingdom

It's like finding out that the car you just bought is illegal to drive more than 3 miles away from your home.
This is total madness, made up by people who've probably never even seen a drone and don't understand how they're used.

Online petition here >>  https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/168112
2016-10-18
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Couldn't work out why there was a band between 50m and 150m which appeared to be no go for most, but the penny has dropped.

Amazon want drone delivery and seem eager to get it soon, this clears the airspace between 50m and 150m for them. They're bulldozing the sky to make way for the Amazon air highway. Good luck fighting that.
2016-10-18
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Regulations will happen, the point is to fly in such a way as not to give RC hobby a black eye, and educate people..  Hopefully the regulators will get their brains out of their... and fix thing.. This is overall a worldwide fear of "drones" (which what we got are not drones, but they were labeled so by media and paranoid people), and work so the whole idea of R/C aircraft and hobbies gets redeemed. Not an easy talk, and certainly frustrating when you have to follow what seems like idiotic rules.. but if the rules get broken and cause an accident.. u know what will happen! Crazy! Remember the "drone bag" that threatened an airplane? People are going nuts for no good reason.... So fly responsibly, as much as possibly abiding by the rules.. perhaps it will blow over.... In the US it did get a bit better with the latest changes FGAA did, way more reasonable than the previous iteration.. let's hope this is where things will go..  But certainly always talk to people and educate, educate, educate....
2016-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules