142782 1507 2016-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gK2xY4YBfh64
lvl.2

United States

==============================================================================

Dear valued customer,

Thank you for emailing DJI online store.

Due to great amount of emails, we may not be able to respond your email very soon. We would appreciate your kind patience.
Any urgent request, please visit the following URL to chat with us online. store.dji.com

For your questions mentioned above, here are the answers for your reference.
1. Do you intend to compensate valued customers for the inconvenience? (e.g. discount, free gift/merchandise, DJI credit,...)
Sorry to say we are unable to offer any compensation for the delay of first branch order.

2. Have there been shipped any Mavic's at all, or not even one?
Due to unexpectedly strong global demand, Mavic Pro pre-order shipments have unfortunately been delayed. So far we haven't started the shipping for Mavic orders.

2016-10-19
Use props
Linsenfest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 199475 ft
Germany

gK2xY4YBfh64 Posted at 2016-10-19 11:38

Dear valued customer ...

hmmm what do you mean by that?

Edit: Ahh ok sry
2016-10-19
Use props
df4CZECQEhKc
New

United States

Ordered mine on 14th of Oct. I wonder if mine will be here by Jan of next year LMAO!!!
2016-10-19
Use props
conrad.civils
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15331 ft
South Africa

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-10-19
Use props
aaronspence
lvl.2

United Kingdom

UK reseller Jessops still saying first batch on for delivery tomorrow. Im beginning to think they haven't been informed... We will see tomorrow I guess.
2016-10-19
Use props
df4CZECQEhKc
New

United States

gK2xY4YBfh64 Posted at 2016-10-19 02:38

Dear valued customer ...

Good God!!! {:4_154:}
2016-10-19
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4
Flight distance : 354131 ft

JulianX4 Posted at 2016-10-19 17:30
http://bbs.dji.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=2&filter=typeid&typeid=208

Use Google Translate ...

Google Translate makes for some funny English when translating that site
2016-10-19
Use props
U7pe6v6ud9EZ
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Not sure google translate throws any light on the Chinese thought. Their equivalent forum makes as much sense as this one.
Screenshot_20161019-104550.png
2016-10-19
Use props
sergey.fedak
lvl.2

United Kingdom

@ U7pe6
2016-10-19
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4

U7pe6v6ud9EZ Posted at 2016-10-19 17:47
Not sure google translate throws any light on the Chinese thought. Their equivalent forum makes as m ...

Ahhh, yes.... optimized spicy...

It is inevitable jar on a short riot!!
2016-10-19
Use props
sergey.fedak
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I think this is how they written lates update translated from chinese to english - no sense at all
2016-10-19
Use props
sergey.fedak
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I think this is how they written latest update translated from chinese to english - no sense at all
2016-10-19
Use props
df4CZECQEhKc
New

United States

Is there any mention that the camera has night vision for night flying?
2016-10-19
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4

df4CZECQEhKc Posted at 2016-10-19 17:51
Is there any mention that the camera has night vision for night flying?

You can fly it at night. You will have to use a very high ISO and long shutter speed. If there is enough light in the environment (building lights, street lights, etc) then it can look decent.

But there is no "night vision" technology in it, such as infrared etc.
2016-10-19
Use props
U7pe6v6ud9EZ
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'll let you know when I complete my night school Chinese lessons,in 20yrs
2016-10-19
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144039 ft
United Kingdom

is the forum broken now too? lol
2016-10-19
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4

Travis199 Posted at 2016-10-19 17:56

Yep, looks like an issue loading a CSS file.

Did not parse stylesheet at 'http://forum.dji.com/%3C!--{eval%20echo%20getCDNheaderUrl();}--%3Edata/cache/style_4_common.css?Ktj' because non CSS MIME types are not allowed in strict mode.

Looks like an embedded scripting language is not evaluating properly, so the URL is malformed!

(I'm a software engineer)
2016-10-19
Use props
ecarpo
lvl.3

China

U7pe6v6ud9EZ Posted at 2016-10-19 17:26
Would be interesting to see what Chinese Mavic customers are saying on their websites.

There laughing at how wound up we are all getting.
2016-10-19
Use props
Linsenfest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 199475 ft

Travis199 Posted at 2016-10-19 17:56

First they stolen the shipment status and last but not least our least chance of speaking
2016-10-19
Use props
devGOD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200577 ft

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-19 13:49
We have been through this before.  You want us to manufacture based on a number that we do not kno ...

All major companies do that... you take the past major successful product to get a projection of what it will be. Ex. Apple. ... that's how they're able to announce one week prior and be in store the next well. If you sold 100k Phantom 4's on launch the prior year (and its still selling strong) it's safe to produce 25-40k units. And even if for some reason the 40k units did not sell on launch it would sell over time.

Charging full price is what companies "should not" do though. Not being harsh on DJI but they have made enough products and money to be able to do a simple product launch project pre-stock.
2016-10-19
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Like others have said previously. There may indeed be a massive demand for the Mavic and they may be working flat out to make them but it doesnt explain why they cant ship what have already been made ... even if its 100 mavics.

No DJI staff have answered this question as i suspect they are not allowed ... which worries me, slightly!
2016-10-19
Use props
devGOD
lvl.3

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-10-19 14:12
Verified social media accounts? Is that all you need? I'm Verified on YouTube (https://www.youtube. ...

contact them let them know you're verified. you have a better chance at getting one that anyone else... you'll probably need a few million followers first though
2016-10-19
Use props
OYTP4lcToE9Y
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77057 ft
Australia

Does anyone know how to cancel the order. I have ordered in first 2 hours and would like to cancel. Any info?
2016-10-19
Use props
Jungleboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8520 ft
Germany

If you guys really want to reach anything you should spam their social media accounts ant not their forum. Spamming their forum will not get you any attention!
2016-10-19
Use props
usercd4297da46
lvl.2
Flight distance : 425049 ft
Australia

gK2xY4YBfh64 Posted at 2016-10-19 17:38

Dear valued customer ...

This makes no sense. DJI have shipped nothing because demand is too high??? Seriously? How stupid do they think people are. Either that or they don't understand English well enough to comprehend what they're actually saying..
2016-10-19
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

in 5 days they would begin shipment hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahaha Hurry hurry they got 34 pre orders, this is like the children story The boy who cry wolf, and the wolf, and the wolf finally ate the little boy.... So dont cry wolf so many times because it will be that time that no one would believe your cry...
Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 12.29.13 PM.png
2016-10-19
Use props
aaronspence
lvl.2

United Kingdom

watuse Posted at 2016-10-19 11:34
in 5 days they would begin shipment hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahaha Hurry hurry they got 34 pr ...

Dont have a go at the reseller, they're just basing it on the info Dji have given them.
2016-10-19
Use props
Querkl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 423740 ft
United Kingdom

On these links I can see the opposition period closes on 23/11/16 and 17/01/17. Does this mean that a company could not ship their product until the end of the opposition period or risk facing legal action?
2016-10-19
Use props
davcom1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440981 ft
United Kingdom

Reading through the Chinese version of the forum, some are speaking about a problem with RTH in the dark. Something to do with the imaging...

To be fair:
1. That's using Google translate and "fried chicken" was mentioned a lot!
2. The guys using that forum seem to be guessing like we all are.

FFS DJI, be up front and honest! Tell me its going to take another couple of weeks due to the Moon's alignment with Uranus or whatever, and I'll be ok with it. Do not send a couple of tech guys into this swarming hive of disappointment to suggest people cancel rather than simply provide a straight answer.

Time for us real paying customers to hit back with our own social media campaign!?
2016-10-19
Use props
brianmlevy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

watuse Posted at 2016-10-19 07:18
https://youtu.be/nn72Q-eY2FA  this guy is true about what he is saying about drones

I completely agree with you. Their stupidity is unbelievable...
2016-10-19
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4

Querkl Posted at 2016-10-19 18:38
On these links I can see the opposition period closes on 23/11/16 and 17/01/17. Does this mean tha ...

The idea is that once the opposition period is over and no one has filed an opposition, then the trademark can be awarded after a final trademark attorney review.

But, for the trademark on "MAVIC" by DJI in the EU, the opposition period ends on Nov 23rd, 2016, and then the trademark attorney will review everything. But will stumble on the existing trademark for "MAVIC" by MAVIC SAS.

https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/005163721

The issue is that the trademark (a word mark "MAVIC") is the same and has an overlap in categories. If you will notice they both specify categories 9 and 12.

This is invalid, and two trademarks for the same category CAN NOT exist in the EUIPO nor the USPTO.

Does it mean they won't sell/ship anymore? No. I think they will ship. But shipping before having the right to use the Mavic trademark will mean that MAVIC SAS can sue them in the EU (and anywhere else their EU trademark is upheld, or that they are registered).

Therefore, I believe the delay we are seeing is actually DJI negotiating with MAVIC SAS privately about licensing the trademark ... then they can share the name.

If they can't come to an agreement, then DJI will have to stop using the name. OR, they will have to trademark the name under different categories that do not overlap with MAVIC SAS' categories, and hope that they are unable to successfully sue.

This might not be the main reason DJI isn't shipping right now, but I suspect this will be an issue if it isn't already.
2016-10-19
Use props
devGOD
lvl.3

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-10-19 11:22
OK, so here's the deal. There is likely a trademark issue and DJI can't talk about it until they hav ...

there is not trademark issue ... you can crate a product with the same name as another as long as it does not infringe directly on its writes. multiple trademarks can exist for the same name but in different class times.
2016-10-19
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

It just pretty messed up I have not seen anything like this in my life promising a date and then leaving you hanging behind this is like, asking a girl out, on a date she say yes and the day of the date comes and she then has an excuse that she forgot and keeps pushing the day of the date further until you, say forget you i am not bothering you anymore and then after a long period has pass because she been digging another guy and when that guy reject her then she goes running after you because she felt stupid going after another guy who was not giving a shit about her, then she feels lonely and calls you up to cry on you and you told her hey you did not pay attention to me the hell with you and you know what happens with the story girl has no boy toy to manipulate anymore.
2016-10-19
Use props
Querkl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 423740 ft
United Kingdom

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-10-19 11:55
The idea is that once the opposition period is over and no one has filed an opposition, then the tr ...

Thanks for the break-down, interesting stuff!
2016-10-19
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

whats going to happen here is that they would have a lot of cancelation of orders no one is going to buy this product, and they would have millions in stock and won't innovate until they sell all these mavic pros and people would think about buying it because its taking them the trust of the people to purchase the item.... Once they get money to innovate for a new one then they would come out with the Mavic pro 2 and same thing everyone trying to dump their mavic pro for the new one capitalism consumerism at its best company won't develop with their earnings hell now they would develop new products with the consumers putting more money down for them. hhaahahahahahahahah Its ok I am not worry because I will wait till I get mine and for sure as hell I won't be buying another one maybe in 10 years when mavic pro 10 is out. a grand is a lot of money to dump out and just to get that product updated with features they could of put on this one but they rather update it a new one with features that would so call obsolete your 1 year old purchase.
2016-10-19
Use props
Ben Ditto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 239491 ft
Portugal

I have tipped off The Verge about this situation, and linked them to this thread. Would be great to have some media attention on this so DJI feels some pressure to finally come out and let us know what's going on.
2016-10-19
Use props
brianmlevy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

aaronspence Posted at 2016-10-19 10:42
UK reseller Jessops still saying first batch on for delivery tomorrow. Im beginning to think they ha ...

I wouldn't count on it given that DJI haven't shipped a single unit yet... Jessups have never been on the ball....
2016-10-19
Use props
davcom1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440981 ft
United Kingdom

watuse Posted at 2016-10-19 11:58
It just pretty messed up I have not seen anything like this in my life promising a date and then lea ...

Yep, just like that. lol

At least being able to vent frustration is a way of passing the time.
2016-10-19
Use props
sergey.fedak
lvl.2

United Kingdom

This is getting to the point that its just becoming depressing, all we do is just guessing, why they know a reason BUT for some other reason wont state why? Is that answer that bad ? That now they scratching their arsed think what have we done and we can not afford for that to leak in to media? I do thing they will just start sending them out.

Today, next week or next month and we still wont know thuth as to all this delay.
2016-10-19
Use props
OYTP4lcToE9Y
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77057 ft
Australia

Felt so good after cancelling my pre-order...
2016-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules