[Official] Mavic shipping issues
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EpicLPer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80272 ft
Austria

Can we get a little discount at least or an extra battery maybe? Or DJI credits for future stuff we buy?
The next thing I'm hyped up are the goggles, so that'd fit perfectly with the credits then ;D
2016-10-19
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

Here is what it says on the buy mavic page.    Shipping estimation: Within November on a first come first served basis.
2016-10-19
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4
Flight distance : 354131 ft

devGOD Posted at 2016-10-19 19:16
you have obiviously never registered a trademark before or understand how it works. Mavis SAS trad ...

MAVIC SAS Trademark 005163721
Goods and Services - Class 9 - Scientific apparatus and instruments, revolution counters, meters, mileage recorders for vehicles.

DJI Trademark 015750128
Goods and Services - Class 9 - [...] Electronic navigational and positioning apparatus and instruments; Navigation, guidance, tracking, targeting and map making devices; [...] GPS navigation device; Inertial navigational instruments; [...] measurement apparatus; Measuring apparatus; [...] Naval signalling apparatus; Navigational instruments; [...] satellite navigational apparatus; Sensors and detectors; [...] software for GPS navigation systems; [...] Speed checking apparatus for vehicles; [...] Vehicle radios; [...]

Here are snippets of the overlap in Class 9. Like I said before, they're not identical, nor have I claimed they were. But there is enough abiguous overlap that a trademark attorney could make the case that their trademark is being infringed on.

You have obviously not listened to me when I told you that I've been through this before and that I do have a trademark. (http://www.trademarkia.com/welike-86510470.html)

Way to jump the gun and call me out incorrectly.

But I guess you're the expert and I'm the idiot.
2016-10-19
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

Linsenfest Posted at 2016-10-19 18:06
First they stolen the shipment status and last but not least our least chance of speaking

http://store.dji.com/orders/tracking

check there you could see if they are updating your order if you did not cancel this is getting out of hand we should ask casey neistat to help us get the word around since he lost his drone because he enter a no flay zone and his drone landed on a boat probably lucky for the owner of the boat he has a new mavic pro with no controller but using his phone to use it haahahahahahahahh the best part is when casey said he was literally begging DJI to give him another one, I swear they would of gave him another one I would of flip on these people 2 gran in drones to a guy who does not give a shit about his equipment and poor excuse that he would lose creativity if he baby his equipment shit I have a old camera digital camera and its 10 years old a Canon Eos 1DS Mark 2 the first full frame canon before the 5D and I still have it takes great shots and I have a sony 1080 hd cam corder which is 5 years old and still working and its not taking my creativeness.. Not to mention my audio studio equipment to produce music also I have tons of gear and still working even as old as 5 years old synthesizers and using ableton for many years.
2016-10-19
Use props
Dasm6tPRI5iL
lvl.2

You know why they haven't shipped any yet? They can't ship out just a tiny quantity without pissing everyone off. Say they ship 1000 units. Who gets them? Preorders, sure, but that's going to seriously piss off the retailers, who will be responsible for all ongoing sales. Then send it to the retailers? Sure, but then piss off your most dedicated customers who pre ordered. Plus, which retailer gets it? Apple? Great, but then you piss off every other retailer. The most likely scenario is that they have been inundated with orders, the scale of which they never expected. So in what is probably a wise move, they will wait a little while until they can at least provide limited numbers to ALL parties at the same time. This way the retailers can start selling, every retailer gets supplied at the same time and the early pre orders will get theirs too. This way it's fair, everyone waits a few weeks, which is more of an annoyance to most, rather than shipping a few units and alienating a large portion of your customer base. It's really only the vocal minority that's angry enough to walk away, everyone else will soon forget about the delays.
2016-10-19
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

Dasm6tPRI5iL Posted at 2016-10-19 19:25
You know why they haven't shipped any yet? They can't ship out just a tiny quantity without pissing  ...

don´t fool yourself what we need to do is give them a time span of November so its around the corner anyway but for sure as hell if they push it to December then its a hard explanation to know what is going on first strike second strike give us a reason, third strike your out my friend, thats when I will cancel my order this is like playing baseball batter up...
2016-10-19
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-10-19 06:23
http://store.dji.com/orders/tracking

Yes, this lack of grammar is getting completely out of hand!
2016-10-19
Use props
pdbim25eeT7h
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

My head hurts
2016-10-19
Use props
Jungleboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8520 ft
Germany

Lets just all cancel our orders and buy the karma instead
2016-10-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

EpicLPer Posted at 2016-10-19 12:17
Can we get a little discount at least or an extra battery maybe? Or DJI credits for future stuff we  ...

Yes I agree maybe credit to buy extra battery, I think it would go a long way to improving relationship with customers, they did give a credit for purchasers of P4 which I think around €75 credit, it came in handy when buying that extra battery, so here's hoping
2016-10-19
Use props
Dasm6tPRI5iL
lvl.2

You think a few noisy posts on their forum is an ultimatum? They know there's a few unhappy people, but again, only the vocal minority at this point. Let's be realistic, this is a huge over reaction for what is so far a 4 day delay, when it hits November I think the average customer will start getting upset.
2016-10-19
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
United States

sergey.fedak Posted at 2016-10-19 04:32
Dji Mavic production is in full swing

This looks like Casey Nestat's basement.
2016-10-19
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144039 ft

Jungleboy Posted at 2016-10-19 19:37

You will have a job seen as that's delayed too. With no release date estimation
2016-10-19
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
United States

Since Ed is the boss of the Support Forum reps, I want to take a slight time out from our Mavic outrage and let him know how great of a job Ken has been doing.   He's been weathering this storm for a week now and remained professional the entire time.     I appreciate the work he does here.
2016-10-19
Use props
Jungleboy
lvl.1
Germany

Travis199 Posted at 2016-10-19 13:44
You will have a job seen as that's delayed too. With no release date estimation

But this is not confirmed yet..and....pssssst don't let Dji know about this fact!
2016-10-19
Use props
ebard26
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27060 ft
France

Hello everyone,
here is my little experience to cancel my order.
I ordered 28 September 2016
I request the cancellation September 29 and again on September 30 because I had received no May confirmation.
I received a cancellation confirmation email on 30 September.
after more news .....
I had to use paypal for reimbursement by putting in issue the transaction
I finally received the refund on 7 October.
good luck to all.
2016-10-19
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4

msduncanrolltid Posted at 2016-10-19 19:44
Since Ed is the boss of the Support Forum reps, I want to take a slight time out from our Mavic out ...

Agreed, DJI-Ken is a real trooper. Big thumbs up from me too.
2016-10-19
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3

Jungleboy Posted at 2016-10-19 19:46
But this is not confirmed yet..and....pssssst don't let Dji know about this fact!

Yes it is buddy. I spoke to GoPro this morning about another matter and he confirmed it
2016-10-19
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4

Jungleboy Posted at 2016-10-19 19:46

https://www.videoguys.com.au/Sho ... gpqkwxx-005-eu.html

"Special Notice
We have been advised that the long anticipated GoPro Karma will not be available globally until 2017

GoPro have advised, that demand for the product has exceeded expectations and production.

GoPro will have an official statement coming shortly.In the mean time please register your interest by clicking the "Notify me when in Stock" link above.

We will let you know more when we do."
2016-10-19
Use props
Jungleboy
lvl.1
Germany

Travis199 Posted at 2016-10-19 13:48
Yes it is buddy. I spoke to GoPro this morning about another matter and he confirmed it

I don't know if I would trust one single GoPro support employee
2016-10-19
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3

More like they have gone back to the drawing board
2016-10-19
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3

Jungleboy Posted at 2016-10-19 19:49
I don't know if I would trust one single GoPro support employee

Why would he say otherwise lol
2016-10-19
Use props
Jungleboy
lvl.1
Germany

Travis199 Posted at 2016-10-19 13:51
Why would he say otherwise lol

Well I wouldn't buy that thing anyways
2016-10-19
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Jungleboy Posted at 2016-10-19 12:53
Well I wouldn't buy that thing anyways

Me either man. It's like a 4 year step back from the mavic!
2016-10-19
Use props
3dflight
lvl.2

United States

What's sad is this whole discussion/outrage/pitchforks and torches could have been prevented with honesty.  People aren't stupid, and going with the "we couldn't ship any because we got more orders than we thought we would" isn't going to fly with most people.  Seriously, who thought up that line?  Then issuing a vague "update" email that says absolutely nothing just fuels the speculation fires.  All of this creates more press (if not already, there will certainly be news stories soon) which is apparently NOT what DJI wants.  

So a little transparency could have satisfied people.  I know I personally wouldn't care what the reason is but this shady noncommittal approach doesn't sit well.  

I can't imagine if I told one of my customers that I couldn't deliver for them and offered no details on why or when they might receive the product.  I'd probably be facing a lawsuit.  Yes, I do deal in production and delivery/installations daily.
2016-10-19
Use props
Ben Ditto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 239491 ft
Portugal

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-10-19 19:48
https://www.videoguys.com.au/Shop/p/37881/gopro-karma-light-quadcopter-hero5-black-harness-include ...

Hey, at least they're acknowledging it and letting resellers and their customers know. That's how you do it.
2016-10-19
Use props
z7BdJFqOQUAg
lvl.2

Saudi Arabia

After a long argument with customer service and questioning like I'm a milking a goat I discover two things first batch will be shipped around 15 / November second batch will be around 1st of December every two weeks they are going to send more and more
2016-10-19
Use props
peter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

I'm patient but also curious. It's one of the reasons I'm a nerd and love technology.

I am curious about how many of these they can make in a day and can they keep up with silly dependencies like enough retail packaging and do they make the batteries themselves from manufacturer cells? How much control does DJI have and, having worked in some fun places, what are those tiny little things that really screw things up?

My guess on the first point is, assuming no shortages or screw-ups, they must be making something like 5-10,000 a day. I hope.
2016-10-19
Use props
z7BdJFqOQUAg
lvl.2

Saudi Arabia

For now they're not going to issue any kind of ETA because we are not even close to any ETA
2016-10-19
Use props
gckless
lvl.2

United States

z7BdJFqOQUAg Posted at 2016-10-19 08:04
After a long argument with customer service and questioning like I'm a milking a goat I discover two ...

You realize that they probably told you that to shut you up right? Do you really think an argument is the way to go at this point? I'm sure those guys answering phones don't know anything more than we do. Not sure what you think you accomplished other than piling grief on top of the already stressed customer service reps.

I have to hand it to those guys, working with people like this for the past few days and keeping a cool head is way above me.
2016-10-19
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3
United Kingdom

z7BdJFqOQUAg Posted at 2016-10-19 13:07
For now they're not going to issue any kind of ETA because we are not even close to any ETA

Im presuming you have a screen capture of this info right?
2016-10-19
Use props
dOVn8STcgtRQ
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Why would dji ruin their reputation over this? Even if we have to wait till after xmas then its the company that will suffer, they will be getting the cancelations and losing money. They announced it 4 weeks early... to beat the karma to it. They arent ready to ship. So now dji production staff are working 24hour days to produce the units and the dhi support staff are getting the brunt of the abuse. Its a joke. And even after I recive the mavic I will be making an official complaint about your vague poor attemt at answering the question everyone wants to know. Why hasnt the first batch shipped???? Weather you had 10000 units made by the 15th or 10 the shipping shoul have started as promised. And if not a REAL update given. Adam Najberg... youve pissed alot of people off with that order. GIVE US A SHIPPING DATE FOR THE FIRST BATCH!!! its not hard
2016-10-19
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Travis199 Posted at 2016-10-19 13:10
Im presuming you have a screen capture of this info right?

Wow think this is longest thread there has ever been on the forum, my eyes are hurting reading through it
2016-10-19
Use props
hyderja
lvl.3
United States

This would be a great question tonight at the presidential debates.

Chris Wallace (Fox news, tonight's moderator): Mrs. Clinton, Mr. Trump when will the company DJI start shipping the Mavic Pros and why after initially stating that the shipping process would begin on the 15th of October, there has been no proof of not one shipment?
2016-10-19
Use props
gwailo00852
New

LOL! Just found this on Twitter! >.<

https://twitter.com/arnehess/status/788682264846667776

2016-10-19
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Jungleboy Posted at 2016-10-19 22:37

Cancel buying a great drone because it's delayed a little.
Then go and order another that's not half as good and is delayed too.
Yeah ... what a great idea.

http://www.suasnews.com/2016/10/gopro-stop-shipping-amazon/

2016-10-19
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Exib Posted at 2016-10-19 23:27
Wow think this is longest thread there has ever been on the forum, my eyes are hurting reading thr ...

My head's hurting.
So many posts and so little substance.
Waaaaa    I want my Mavic yesterday
Waaaaa    I want DJI to give me a pony
Waaaaa   I have a wacky conspiracy theory
2016-10-19
Use props
Kabooki
lvl.1

So I thought I'd try emailing the customer service to see if they would give me any info at all...
They said "As the matter stand, your order is very likely arrive by December." and i ordered on the 3rd OCT.

So should i expect it next year ? xD

2016-10-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

This is a notice from Go Pro to there customers, it seems they may also have jumped the gun on all of this, maybe dji with Mavic can win the drone war , by announcing there product will be shipped globally in 2016, I think this forum would go up in flames if dji added a similar notice...

Special Notice
We have been advised that the long anticipated GoPro Karma will not be available globally until 2017

GoPro have advised, that demand for the product has exceeded expectations and production.

GoPro will have an official statement coming shortly.In the mean time please register your interest by clicking the "Notify me when in Stock" link above.

We will let you know more when we do.
2016-10-19
Use props
dOVn8STcgtRQ
lvl.1

United Kingdom

ed_windham@yaho Posted at 2016-10-19 02:31
I see everyone is having fun.  Can I dispel some rumors?  You can believe me or not.  What I am tryi ...

Hi ed,
    Firstly let me ask you this and this alone and let us all see if you can answer the question properly with not one ounce of vaugness.
    Why hasnt the first batch of mavic pros been shipped? Now before you start to type your answer please remember that the 15th was the original shipping and instore date. That was announced 18 days before hand. Now I would assume that with the chinese holidays around the corner that the mavic had already been put into production. So lets say you had 10,000 units made by the 15th, and as Adam said in his email there has been a huge amount of pre-orders which for arguments sake that number was 200,000 units then Why havent the first 10,000 been shipped yet? And what has a high demand got to do with them not shipping out the ones they had already made, or did they have none ready at all? (Im going with that).

The kind of answers we are ALL looking for is
. We Had no stock made by the 15th, we jumped the gun to kill Karma sales.
. We had a huge amount of preorders and even though we had 10,000 units ready to ship on the 15th we want to make the remaining 190,000 units so they can be shipped together as this will reduce shipping costs dramatically.
. We are having copyright issues
. We are having software/hardware issues
. The shipping company had issues with the captin
. We are having trouble with the FAA.....the list goes on and on... but All answers are 100% acceptable to the customer, and they will appreciate that alot more than "production is in full swing" comments from Adam!!! No s**t production is in full swing!!!, but that gives the customer nothing!!

Ed I hope you understand that by you saying that DJI are being as transparent as possible is basically like a slap to the face to your paying customers. We have had no real updates what so ever. And yet DJI's big players have lined their pockets with millions of $£ of our money. I do not mind waiting for my product. But an explination and Apology is well overdue.

I hope to hear from you soon,
   Kind regards
   Mike Fildes
2016-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules