[Official] Mavic shipping issues
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Babblin5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1558 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-19 12:21
That could not be further from the truth. Us moderators are here to provide technical support and  ...

Really? This could be easily dispelled with an email to customers stating unequivocally that they'll ship by November 2, or the 15th, or any other date. Give me a good reason not to do otherwise, Ken? Saying "I'm sure they'll be shipping sooner, but you're free to cancel your order" proves my point. It gives a reason to NOT cancel an order while providing no concrete facts as to why we SHOULDN'T cancel. Seriously?
2016-10-19
Use props
Airwater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1517057 ft
United Kingdom

Guys it really sounds after reading tons and tons of pretty much anecdotal posts from many sources that a consensus is appearing that early pre-orders will be going out in a few days, dealers will be getting some units in early to mid November and we will have overall limited numbers until the new year.
2016-10-19
Use props
glopez861
lvl.1

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-10-20 03:21
You've got a better chance of seeing God than having the mavic by this coming weekend

lmao... Def agree. I've blown up DJI globals twitter and they have yet to write anything back.
2016-10-19
Use props
glopez861
lvl.1

StevenFL Posted at 2016-10-20 03:17
There are also rental services, haha.

But, if you do that plan, let us all know how it goes!

HA! I need something small and portable for my luggage. Thought about the breeze looks small and compact, F it on the way to best buy. My buddy works there so as long as I dont lose it in the mountains or bang it up I should be fine to return in about a week. lol
2016-10-19
Use props
pythagoras183
lvl.2

United States

another mavic sighting

2016-10-19
Use props
erneststrauss3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29406 ft

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-10-19
Use props
Tenreth
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-20 03:21
That could not be further from the truth. Us moderators are here to provide technical support and  ...

I know it's not your fault. But where are the sales members? A merchants support forum w/o sales mods? Ridiculous. And by saying everyone knows there will be a delay is BS. I did not knew this. I did not expect DJI charge my card prior to shipping - wth, your sales team know their agreements, right? And if there was a delay to be expected, why give a date in the first place - lying to our faces? Then put "OCT 15 + a unknown amount of time" because we (DJI) will fail miserably, again.
2016-10-19
Use props
kiefdog
lvl.1
United States

glopez861 Posted at 2016-10-19 12:30
lmao... Def agree. I've blown up DJI globals twitter and they have yet to write anything back.

I have emailed them thru Amazon multiple times and I get the same response which is that message with no dates or substance.  Maybe their customer service is actually computers???  
2016-10-19
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am not sure what you expect from us.  We provide all the information that we have.  We cannot give you an exact shipping date.  Just because we are DJI employees, does not mean that we have that knowledge.  Nor do we know when they start to ship the number that will ship.  Sorry, I know that patience is not a virtue that is high here.  Please have some.  We will keep you up to date when we get more information.
2016-10-19
Use props
kiefdog
lvl.1
United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-19 12:40
I am not sure what you expect from us.  We provide all the information that we have.  We cannot give ...

I understand.  Please share our frustration with your management so that it gets back to whomever does have the information.
2016-10-19
Use props
ESAUHGON
New

United States

What does this mean? >>> Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield <<<
when I try to post a very interesting conversation I had with their sales department about shipping dates, this is all I see on my post.
2016-10-19
Use props
mtjacques22
New

United States

Best Buy is saying in the shipping box - "Have it by October 31"

Wonder if this is just a guess or for real?
2016-10-19
Use props
brianmlevy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cwpics Posted at 2016-10-19 20:21
Have to admit this is the kind of thing that ruin a brand.

A large number of customers feel like th ...

I have had 4 DJI drones prior to my order of the Mavic. I also have the Osmo. One thing that can absolutely be relied on is that DJI customer service is dreadful.... It always has been and continues to be.

DJI make fantastic products but are absolutely clueless when it comes to taking care of their customers. Sadly if you want to enjoy their products then get used to the lack of information and appalling delays. I remember how long we had to wait for the IOS App when the Inspire was released... It was the same fiasco.

When DJI said they were going to start shipping in Mid October I knew that this would not be the case....
2016-10-19
Use props
pXTHxoStWY5h
lvl.3
United States

kiefdog Posted at 2016-10-19 12:43
I understand.  Please share our frustration with your management so that it gets back to whomever  ...

Hahahaha you think they CARE???? Lol
2016-10-19
Use props
wwwyzard
lvl.2

United States

2016-10-19
Use props
pythagoras183
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-19 12:40
I am not sure what you expect from us.  We provide all the information that we have.  We cannot give ...

Even if there's no date provided, I think peoples' tits would be calmed a lot with just a single nugget of explanation for the delays, which I understand is info you don't have. But someone must?
2016-10-19
Use props
nicholas
lvl.1

United States

michaelfranklin Posted at 2016-10-18 13:14
"Dear Customers,
We said at our Mavic Pro launch event that we would begin shipping in mid-October.  ...

lol speaking of the Lily drone, I'm glad I never preordered, since it seems pretty much most drones out there do the exact same thing it does and for the same cost with more features
2016-10-19
Use props
Zc4nW8WAYWvI
lvl.3

United States

kiefdog Posted at 2016-10-19 10:21
Tahoe Ed,
I actually preordered the DJI Mavic Pro and paid the $1299 (which is a lot of money fo ...

Amazon has always stated it would be released Oct. 31, so I'm not sure why you expected to get it through them before Oct. 21.
2016-10-19
Use props
xarons21
lvl.1

United States

brianmlevy@me.c Posted at 2016-10-19 14:44
I have had 4 DJI drones prior to my order of the Mavic. I also have the Osmo. One thing that can a ...

Honeslty though, they are a chinese company... they ride trains a billion at a time... alls they care about are the product, can care less about the feelings of the poeple who use the product, lol
2016-10-19
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

T5 Drone Posted at 2016-10-20 02:00
It's not so much that the product is delayed but the way it was sold to the public.  I am a home bu ...

They appear to be quite upfront though.  I got an email telling me about the delay and how they are doing everything they can to ship them quickly.  Looks like they thought they would hit it.  They didn't hit it, then update us to that fact.  Also, not to start anything, but home building is one of the most delayed industries there are.  I'm also in the industry, and new homes are constantly delayed.  Just saying ;)
2016-10-19
Use props
warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

ESAUHGON Posted at 2016-10-19 20:43
What does this mean? >>> Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield

Maybe you've been talking to a whistleblower ??
2016-10-19
Use props
brianmlevy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mtjacques22 Posted at 2016-10-19 20:44
Best Buy is saying in the shipping box - "Have it by October 31"

Wonder if this is just a guess or ...

I wouldn't count on it... If Apple are saying November then that is absolutely the earliest anyone will see one. I would suggest that December would be a realistic bet given DJI's past performance....
2016-10-19
Use props
stanhersh44
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-19
Use props
MKSOL
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-19 15:40

The expectation is simply that you are conveying the level of frustration your customers are expressing - no one expects to get blood from a stone - or in this case information from someone who clearly doesn't have the relevant information.  

Another expectation would be for you to step into our shoes and appreciate that our frustration is real, and valid - so rather than say "I am not sure what you expect from us." which seems to imply we are not being reasonable or our concerns are not valid - so a bit of empathy and understanding would be helpful.

Hopefully this provides some insight into at least this one persons expectations, I suspect I have captured at least one or two other peoples thoughts.
2016-10-19
Use props
pythagoras183
lvl.2

United States

ESAUHGON Posted at 2016-10-19 12:43
What does this mean? >>> Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield

Yeah, not sure why they'd want to withhold more information. Post it to the /r/djimavic subreddit if you wouldn't mind.
2016-10-19
Use props
stanhersh44
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-19
Use props
ESAUHGON
New

United States

warrior200 Posted at 2016-10-19 12:48
Maybe you've been talking to a whistleblower ??

well lets see if this is not blocked!!! lol
I WAS ASSURED THEY WOULD "START" SHIPPING MID-NOVEMBER
2016-10-19
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

R&amp;L Aerial  Posted at 2016-10-20 00:13
The mavic launch was yet another train wreck for DJI, after the phantom 4 launch went smoothly I tho ...

Yet another train wreck for DJI ???
Do you know what hyperbole is?  Give it a rest.
A week or two delay isn't a train wreck and the end product will probably be superb and go on to sell a million units.
If you want to see a train wreck launch, look at 3DR and their Solo.
That's driving the company out of business.
2016-10-19
Use props
wwwyzard
lvl.2

United States

2016-10-19
Use props
kiefdog
lvl.1
United States

Zc4nW8WAYWvI Posted at 2016-10-19 12:46
Amazon has always stated it would be released Oct. 31, so I'm not sure why you expected to get it  ...

I ordered mine from Amazon within an hour of the release.  Mine says ships between Oct 16 and 21.  Also I emailed them and they said it would ship Oct 17th.  We must have ordered at separate times or from different sellers on Amazon.
2016-10-19
Use props
erneststrauss3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29406 ft

2016-10-19
Use props
Morgon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104393 ft
United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-19 15:40

"I am not sure what you expect from us"

To reiterate what I said here, we're expecting the employees on this board to find out. Go to the people you report to - go to the people above them - go to people in other departments that you know can help you and your team be more effective.

Someone has answers. You are in the position to know who those people are and obtain those answers, so that Support folks can (consistently) provide them to users. Even you have to admit that 'Naj's letter was a complete waste of time.

Just advocate for us. Which means telling us that you have been trying and (presumably) those people are intentionally not giving you the answers we've been clamoring for. Be on our side here.
2016-10-19
Use props
wwwyzard
lvl.2

United States

(Totally joking here) Better watch out, the DJI police will get you for spamming like yelled me.
Apparently we are not allowed to make reference to their failure!

(Totally serious here)
On that note, I'll add that I am highly peeved with DJI's lack of proper communication regarding Mavic shipping delays for pre-order folks. And Desire greatly to know when my money will turn into something tangible...

Look, Bigfoot got his, wonder if he pre-ordered?
2016-10-19
Use props
warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

ESAUHGON Posted at 2016-10-19 20:51
well lets see if this is not blocked!!! lol
I WAS ASSURED THEY WOULD "START" SHIPPING MID-NOVEMBER ...

Lol you didn't need to SHOUT.
2016-10-19
Use props
Ib6Ltl49QwrH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 820 ft

I am glad DJI jumped the gun myself if that is what they did to beat the Karma. Had I seen the Karma ordered that then a month later here comes Mavic offering a ton of features. It sucks to wait sure. I probably checked emails a 100 times checking to see if my credit card was at least charged. As far as the worst company issue of 2016 that is a tall order. We have the Samsung Notes that just keep getting worse. Apple removing the headphone jack and reports of them catching on fire as well. I want my Mavic soon but at the same time I want a quality product. If they need a little more time but I get quality I will be happy. Hopefully DJI will share more soon. They know people are pissed.
2016-10-19
Use props
MrrGrrGrr
lvl.1

United States

2016-10-19
Use props
info7438
lvl.1

Canada

Remind me of my first girlfriend at school. Kiss me the first if you love me.
2016-10-19
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

We have shared what information we have.  I am not even sure Frank Wang knows the exact shipping date.  It is like a kid going are we there yet.  Not until we get there and not until we start shipping.  I have stated this before, you will be getting shipping confirmation before we get the notification.
2016-10-19
Use props
Tenreth
lvl.2

Ib6Ltl49QwrH Posted at 2016-10-20 03:57
I am glad DJI jumped the gun myself if that is what they did to beat the Karma. Had I seen the Karma ...

Samsung will be one of the top companies of '16, giving you money if you buy a new phone. Even if this will be an Iphone. They know the made a mistake and damn, they care. Giving you fireproof cardboard for returns... And then we have this... A huge and leading company (in their sector), that is not capable of giving simple informations or any form of compensation. Only option is, that in the future a worthy competitor will rise. Maybe Samsung... would like to see a Samsung quad...
2016-10-19
Use props
wwwyzard
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-20 03:40

Hey Ed, we totally appreciate you & Ken, we're not gunning for you.

With all this ammo of fired up pre-order customers, you guys can take this forum to your HQ.
Someone said before that their lack of communication with anything solid is making your jobs rather difficult to perform.

However @DJI-HQ, We need factual data if you want our future business, this is turning into a PR/CS nightmare for you dont'ya'know! Give us what we want (that which we were promised and we paid for) and we will simmer down.

Thanks to Ed & Ken from all of us (I know the rest of the pre-order guys/gals would say it too so here it is)

@DJI-HQ, get your heads out of your bums and release some hard facts!
2016-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules