lvl.3
Flight distance : 200577 ft

DJI = Bad Hombres
2016-10-20
Use props
0VS8Vgo5qudB
lvl.1

Hong Kong

found a small problem but disturbing me...

why Mavic price at Apple store is 1HKD cheaper than the price tag on DJI.com? HKD7758 on Apple.com vs. HKD7759 I paid on DJI.com

Feelsbadman
2016-10-20
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4
Flight distance : 354131 ft

Tired of all the negativity? Want a laugh? Watch this guy. He's wrong (you can smooth Inspire and Phantom, and Mavic should be smooth), but he's hilarious.

Bonus points for counting how many times he drops the F'ing-bomb.
2016-10-20
Use props
HjM4qzGDMUeQ
lvl.2

United States

Is there any updates about shipping times ?
2016-10-20
Use props
darylbleach
lvl.2
Flight distance : 280266 ft
United Kingdom

HjM4qzGDMUeQ Posted at 2016-10-20 11:22
Is there any updates about shipping times ?

in a word, no
2016-10-20
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-10-20 18:08
Tired of all the negativity? Want a laugh? Watch this guy. He's wrong (you can smooth Inspire and Ph ...

hahahahahah awesome video hahahahahahahahahhahaha
2016-10-20
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

Tired of all the negativity? Want a laugh? Watch this guy. He's wrong (you can smooth Inspire and Ph ...

hahahahahahahaha I have seen the video 4 times he sure he got my attention this guy deserve youtube view count up he is freaking hilarious...
2016-10-20
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

I cannot wait for me to try the robot gimbal movement this errrrrr aaarrrrarrr eeerrrrrr, he does have a point I seen phantoms and mavic footage they are not smooth if.. they are pretty harsh fast movement
2016-10-20
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

2016-10-20
Use props
pdbim25eeT7h
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

Well hasn't this forum turned to gold,
Been innovated I'd say.

Nearly wish I didn't need to keep coming back to see if something has changed.
Nearly wish I could expect to hear from DJI
2016-10-20
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

holy crap look what this idiot was doing and had no control on the mavic this is mad buggy here and very dangerous  
2016-10-20
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft

I just got this Mail from Rc-Toy

My Arrival Date is 2nd - 9th November on Amazon.

An English Translation:

Hello,

Thank you for your Order and Mail.

According to our Suppliers, we should get our Shipment right on Time.

If there are any changes to the Shipment date, we'll let you know as soon as possible.

If you have any further questions, we'll be glad to answer them.

Kind Regards,

Rc-Toy.de
2016-10-20
Use props
Ed Pasterino
lvl.1

United States

***   Mavic Pro Waiting Room  ***

ResidentSleeper

I would also like to express my disappointment for how this is being handled. The lack of information from DJI and the fact that they charged credit cards immediately is a bit strange. Let's be honest though, you aren't cancelling and DJI knows it. There are simply no other drones that will have the same feature set. Unfortunately, I foolishly jumped the gun and sold my P3 Advanced. I am tempted to pick up a P4 to take on vacation, but it's a bit of a pain to travel with, plus it's a hard purchase to justify as I'm not Casey Neistat and I don't really need an arsenal of drones.
2016-10-20
Use props
banned
lvl.2

Germany

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-10-20 12:08

lol that guy is really funny
2016-10-20
Use props
xarons21
lvl.1

United States

TopFPV Posted at 2016-10-20 02:36
I think some one needs to get hold of Fank Wang email or facebook and put him in his place with out  ...

Without us he's a multi multi millionare... who started as a garage company and turned into a leader. This is what happens with ANYTHING this popular...
2016-10-20
Use props
xarons21
lvl.1

United States

conrad.civils Posted at 2016-10-20 02:38
I'm very worried about my "investment"... This is even worse that a Pyramid scheme!!

How do you figure? You get NOTHING from a pyramid scheme, here you will get your drone. no, not on the date promised, but a month after. Shit happens. lol
2016-10-20
Use props
xarons21
lvl.1

United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-10-20 02:57
What would the story be?
How about:  A couple of hundred drone buyers acting like three-year olds  ...

OMG this is the funniest thing on here!
2016-10-20
Use props
Birdog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 664521 ft
Norway

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-10-20
Use props
Birdog
lvl.2
Norway

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-10-20
Use props
TopFPV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Ok abit of an update how usefull it is to anyone or how you take it up to you.
Spoken to UK importer of DJI, and was told as usuall DJI keeps them is the shade too but all they know as it stands now, Mavic will start shipping end of this month so before November.

Reason for delay is unknown, please dont take my word for it and dont shoot the messenger but that is a relieve to me personally and something to look forward to.
2016-10-20
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4
Flight distance : 354131 ft

watuse Posted at 2016-10-20 18:42
I cannot wait for me to try the robot gimbal movement this errrrrr aaarrrrarrr eeerrrrrr, he does  ...

Yeah, it is because by default the movements are fast, but they can be tuned down so that movements are smooth like butter and slow. But you know people, they love FAST... they want to race around even if their video looks like crap because of it.
2016-10-20
Use props
9apzX5zt3fPP
lvl.1

Just received this rather surprising and random email from DJI... I guess it's could mean they're getting closer to shipping as they look at individual orders!

Dear Creator,

Thank you for choosing DJI Mavic Pro.

We are happy to tell you that the RC Cable (Type-C connector) is not required as a separate purchase since it is included in your Mavic Pro package.

Please ignore this email if you would like to buy an additional cable separately. If you want to cancel your order, please contact our sales representatives at onlinesales@dji.com.

Thank You,
DJI
2016-10-20
Use props
Birdog
lvl.2
Norway

I was chatting to DJI, I ordered on the 29th september, they said delivery end of november, Im in the first batch to be dispatched
2016-10-20
Use props
user54c6259710
New

Qatar

In marketing wise, I believed that there are strategies or protocols which beholds within a company.

Having said that, knowing one having a product with much reputation for years, and making a product which rates higher than any other similar ones, worrying about losing customers is something unnecessary. Especially when they know noones beats them, as of yet.

But, like some says, integrity and simple apology will definitely run a company far beyond one can expect.

The last thing that I would want to have is a product in my hands with damages and flaws due to mass production. I would just sit in a corner and continue dreaming.
2016-10-20
Use props
aethernex
lvl.1

United States

9apzX5zt3fPP Posted at 2016-10-20 05:37
Just received this rather surprising and random email from DJI... I guess it's could mean they're ge ...

That answer appears to be incorrect. A USB-C cable is not included in the box according to their documentation, as well as all the videos  I've watched online. Here is a link directly to the In the Box PDF on the Mavic Downloads site.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic+Pro+In+the+Box.pdf
2016-10-20
Use props
Mayoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 299708 ft
Canada

70challenger Posted at 2016-10-20 01:51
I know, but they take your money before they ship your product, haven't you read the complaints? I ...

With 10% discount sure you may have come close to the S DJI site price. I went with the combo so i ended up paying $1698 total tax in ..

2016-10-20
Use props
johnlega
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I found a picture of DJI-Ken getting his new Mavic (scaled up to his size of course)......

I could not pass it up - no disrespect DJI-Ken... just tying to keep the mood light here....

I could not pass it up - no disrespect DJI-Ken... just tying to keep the mood light here....
2016-10-20
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well if find it random they would take time to send that email out if it weren't true. Documentation is currently being updated and things can change.

I ordered all of those extra cables anyway just to have backups but its nice to know its included for those who dont want to go that route.

Anyway if the box shows up and no cable is included, here's proof it should...
2016-10-20
Use props
ecarpo
lvl.3

Germany

9apzX5zt3fPP Posted at 2016-10-20 08:37
Just received this rather surprising and random email from DJI... I guess it's could mean they're ge ...

Someone also reporting this email on the Chinese forums.

Pretty weird. They seem obsessed with encouraging people to cancel their orders.

Did you ask about the Type C cable or something?
2016-10-20
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144039 ft
United Kingdom

ecarpo@hotmail. Posted at 2016-10-20 13:50

Pretty weird. They seem obsessed with en ...

I think he ordered the cable and they advised it came with the Mavic so offering to cancel the order for the actual cable, not the Mavic....thats how I read it anyway
2016-10-20
Use props
TopFPV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Birdog Posted at 2016-10-20 13:37
I was chatting to DJI, I ordered on the 29th september, they said delivery end of november, Im in th ...

First batch end of november? I take it you mean October
2016-10-20
Use props
Ben Ditto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 239491 ft
Portugal

TopFPV Posted at 2016-10-20 21:06
First batch end of november? I take it you mean October

I bet they mean November actually. ;)
2016-10-20
Use props
jojopig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44334 ft
Hong Kong

0VS8Vgo5qudB Posted at 2016-10-20 18:08
found a small problem but disturbing me...

why Mavic price at Apple store is 1HKD cheaper than the  ...

the battery was HKD70 cheaper in apple store which i ordered 2, and they have fixed the discrepancy couple weeks ago.
2016-10-20
Use props
marcoswnunes
lvl.1

Ireland

Ben Ditto Posted at 2016-10-20 14:11
I bet they mean November actually. ;)

Yeah! Forget about it till November
2016-10-20
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

I think that it would be significantly more expensive for them to send out the Mavic in little groups than it would be to send the entire first round out as one big group.

I work with a company that imports from China, and judging off shipping costs I would say that yes, shipping 5000 units three times is a LOT more expensive thatn 15000 units one time.

I think that they were only planning for x amount of pre-orders in the first batch but ended up getting way more, and now they want to be able to fulfill all of them in the first shipment to minimize the shipping costs.

2016-10-20
Use props
3dflight
lvl.2

United States

kiefdog Posted at 2016-10-19 23:32
I just confirmed with Amazon that the third party seller (DJI Official Store) cancelled my item with ...

Mine says the same thing but it hasn't been cancelled.  I too ordered within an hour (I actually think the presentation was still going on when I ordered) of the announcement so I could be in the first wave.  If they cancel my order I'm done.  This was my first purchase of a DJI product and this whole thing has left a really bad taste in my mouth.  Their own site redirected people to the amazon store so I'm shocked they would cancel the orders that they essentially facilitated.  So I get pushed to the back of the line because I ordered early through a site they suggested/redirected to?  Wow.
2016-10-20
Use props
9apzX5zt3fPP
lvl.1

ecarpo@hotmail. Posted at 2016-10-20 20:50

Pretty weird. They seem obsessed with en ...

Nope, didn't ask about the cable at all. Haven't communicated with them one bit. Just been looking at the forums for updates! =)
2016-10-20
Use props
9apzX5zt3fPP
lvl.1

Travis199 Posted at 2016-10-20 20:55
I think he ordered the cable and they advised it came with the Mavic so offering to cancel the ord ...

Yup, you are right. =)
2016-10-20
Use props
Syrne
New

United States

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-20 09:30
I think that it would be significantly more expensive for them to send out the Mavic in little group ...

So what's worse? The loss of business due to slow shipping, but saving money due to shipping everything in larger batches.... or

Taking the hit and shipping each batch out regardless of size, but retaining customer loyalty?

I'd say the second, but I'm no business man. To be honest, I don't consider losing money on shipping as an excuse for a multi billion dollar company. If this were the case, I respect this company even less.

Their CEO is a multi billionaire thanks to customers like us, and we are getting the run around. Screw em.
2016-10-20
Use props
Jungleboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8520 ft
Germany

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-20 15:30
I think that it would be significantly more expensive for them to send out the Mavic in little group ...

This is exactly what I was thinking! Of course they do not want to be honest about it because they don't want to look like greedy bastards
2016-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules