[Official] Mavic shipping issues
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-21 00:20
Interesting that reviews are continuing to come out, even after we saw Ken decide to stop them (a to ...

Yes, it was a mistake and explained.
What's your address?
Just kidding
2016-10-20
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

hX5x70AfdW7R Posted at 2016-10-21 00:23
Here is a reply  I received yesterday 10/19/2016...

Dear Sir

"The first batch could be shipped on November" wow such good insight
2016-10-20
Use props
pythagoras183
lvl.2

United States

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-20 09:23
"The first batch could be shipped on November" wow such good insight

That sounds to me like even a November target is in question.
2016-10-20
Use props
cshallas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132746 ft

neoxharsh Posted at 2016-10-21 00:14
Just got a mail from Jessop

Just got the same email, oh well, a bit longer!
2016-10-20
Use props
provideme
lvl.2

United Kingdom

finally can post! wow that new posting rule is a mess... anyway just made an account to post this as it might be useful for you guys to know.

Ordered: 15 oct
Package: Mavic with all the shabang
Date received: Today

Please be advised that we have a revised delivery date for the items you ordered on October 15 2016 (Order #204-7269112-XXXXXXX).

"DJI Mavic Pro Fly More Drone - Grey"
    Estimated arrival date: November 04 2016
2016-10-20
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-21 00:23
Yes, it was a mistake and explained.
What's your address?
Just kidding

If I get my Mavic before you, I'll send it to you.  You seem just as excited as everyone else here to get your hands on one, but you're the only one who can't complain about the delays :p You have earned it my friend
2016-10-20
Use props
hX5x70AfdW7R
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144541 ft

I at least like the email response vs their chat replies... I'll be patient... But I asked if I would have it by 11/09/2016 and they can't confirm... So there goes aerial footage of a wedding I had ideas for, bummer.
2016-10-20
Use props
Birdog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 664521 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-20 17:17
Im sorry that some are receiving this information from chat saying that expected delivery for the f ...

Hello, sorry but this is genuine, I did have a live chat on the DJI website and she said its expected at the end of November.

This is my first attempt at a purchase from DJI, and I am genuinely annoyed at the complete lack of information, Its not like I can look forward to it arriving because I dont have a solid date as to when that will happen, and I honestly expected to have it delivered by now.

Not trying to annoy the mods, you guys are doing your job, I just want a date.
2016-10-20
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

Birdog Posted at 2016-10-21 00:30
Hello, sorry but this is genuine, I did have a live chat on the DJI website and she said its expect ...

So then the question is, are they sending out to their direct pre-orders, or did they allow other vendors (like Amazon, Apple, Best Buy, Jessops, etc.) to send in their orders before the 27th?

If vendors were able to order Mavics before individuals were able to, it would make sense that DJI would fulfill those orders first.

Meaning pre-orders from DJI site and DJI store on Amazon may be the most delayed since they have already committed a certain number of drones to other vendors.
2016-10-20
Use props
skookumtim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 323589 ft

hX5x70AfdW7R Posted at 2016-10-21 00:23
Here is a reply  I received yesterday 10/19/2016...

Dear Sir

First batch Nov.?

Their reply to me was that it "could" be shipped in October. This run around is becoming something else, man!
2016-10-20
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't know how many times this will be posted.  We have stated that the information is not accurate.  The CS agent has been counseled and should not have made the comment.  
2016-10-20
Use props
provideme
lvl.2

United Kingdom

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-20 17:33
So then the question is, are they sending out to their direct pre-orders, or did they allow other  ...

From the way DJI opporates I would think the opposite, I would think big companies like Amazon and Apple would have their orders fulfilled first as they will be paying the most. If you were DJI who would you go for first? The person giving you hundreds of thousands of pounds for orders or the few people who would give you a few thousand pounds?
2016-10-20
Use props
jer295
lvl.1

United States

Patience is a virtue LOL
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-21 00:29
If I get my Mavic before you, I'll send it to you.  You seem just as excited as everyone else here ...

DEAL !
Actually I'm more excited as I got to play and fly it for a while. That's why I wish everyone would be patient, I promise the Mavic is going to AMAZE you.
For those who have been into multirotors will be astonished on the build quality and technology built into this little gem for the price.
Those who have never had a drone before, it will still impress you but maybe not as much as those of us who have been in this hobby for years. Only a few years ago, none of the offerings that the Mavic has was even possible and it's absolutely incredible how far technology and DJI has gone.
I wish that the first time buyers will acknowledge that and appreciate it.
2016-10-20
Use props
GlacierShark
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe Ted, if you know that the 'end of November' time frame is not accurate you must have had some guidance on when they will start shipping.  Are you able to share that insight with us?
2016-10-20
Use props
Jungleboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8520 ft
Germany

provideme Posted at 2016-10-20 18:36
From the way DJI opporates I would think the opposite, I would think big companies like Amazon and ...

Don't think so as they already announced initially that pre-orders will be shipped first and Apple will receive them in November.
2016-10-20
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

provideme Posted at 2016-10-21 00:36
From the way DJI opporates I would think the opposite, I would think big companies like Amazon and ...

That's what I was saying, we are on same page Guess I suck at wording things.  Yeah there's virtually no chance of getting the Mavic direct from DJI before you can get it from another big name retailer, based on everything I have heard so far.

Which makes a lot of sense to me.

We will find out eventually
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Birdog Posted at 2016-10-21 00:30
Hello, sorry but this is genuine, I did have a live chat on the DJI website and she said its expect ...

As I posted before, that is incorrect information and I'm sorry about that.
I really do hope DJI will have an update soon so all of us can have the information better shipping information.
2016-10-20
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144039 ft

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-21 00:38
DEAL !
Actually I'm more excited as I got to play and fly it for a while. That's why I wish everyo ...

I've had a P1 since they first came out. Never went any further so I imagine the mavic will be light years ahead!! Gone are all my Velcro straps holding on fpv stuff and the crappy gimbal

I CANT WAIT!
2016-10-20
Use props
pythagoras183
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-20 09:40
As I posted before, that is incorrect information and I'm sorry about that.
I really do hope DJI w ...

Are you saying that you're able to verify the information is incorrect or unable to verify that it's correct?
2016-10-20
Use props
tropicalfish.x
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4270397 ft
China

watuse Posted at 2016-10-21 00:13
You know what is the problem that all you people are watching videos of those famous youtubers makin ...

Agree.....
2016-10-20
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144039 ft
United Kingdom

pythagoras183 Posted at 2016-10-21 00:42
Are you saying that you're able to verify the information is incorrect or unable to verify that it ...

What I think he's saying is that all CS reps have been told no date. So to say November be it correct or not. Is not right
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

pythagoras183 Posted at 2016-10-21 00:42
Are you saying that you're able to verify the information is incorrect or unable to verify that it ...

I'm able to verify that the end of November shipping for the first preorders is INCORRECT.
2016-10-20
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-21 00:38
DEAL !
Actually I'm more excited as I got to play and fly it for a while. That's why I wish everyo ...

I remember back in 2011 when I was first getting into this stuff, the only way to get a drone like the Mavic was to spend thousands and custom build it yourself... and even then you wouldn't get the active tracking, obstacle avoidance, and incredible form factor.  

The Mavic is truly a game changer, I see it as the drone that will fully bring drones into the mainstream...

...which is why I want it so badly   lol
2016-10-20
Use props
johnlega
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-20 11:44
I'm able to verify that the end of November shipping for the first preorders is INCORRECT.

So then December? Just kidding - good to know - maybe first part of November then... let's hope.
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-21 00:44
I remember back in 2011 when I was first getting into this stuff, the only way to get a drone like ...

Very true, and I hope the new users understand and appreciate that as well.
2016-10-20
Use props
provideme
lvl.2

United Kingdom

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-20 17:40
That's what I was saying, we are on same page  Guess I suck at wording things.  Yeah there's vir ...

Cant wait to find out what the issue was, knowing DJI they will never explain they will simply brush it under the carpet and take your money.

It cant be shipping issues because they mass sent Ytubers drones (They all posted first impression videos with days of each other).

It cant be a manufacturing issue because if it were you would have seen reviews where drones fell out of the sky.

2016-10-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Travis199 Posted at 2016-10-21 00:41
I've had a P1 since they first came out. Never went any further so I imagine the mavic will be lig ...

Light years indeed, I remember years ago when the gimbals first came out and they were servo operated I tried most all of them and to imagine what we have now. Then seeing a video of a guy in front of a mirror who designed his own brushless gimbal and moving it around and the video was fairly still and watching the camera not really move, I was in completely amazed.
2016-10-20
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-21 00:44
I remember back in 2011 when I was first getting into this stuff, the only way to get a drone like ...

I totally agree with you, what set me back in wanting to own one, is the freaking size all the dones I have seen. I am the type of person that like to take things that does not occupy space, camera, video cameras, etc. Every time I saw my friend pull out that back pack, I was like phantom inside, and he would say yes. I like the thing, I did not like how it is not convenient.. But the Mavic is going to change the entire drone industry and maybe the better safety it is, the less regulation we need to have.
2016-10-20
Use props
TopFPV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Bloody hell, 40min later refresh forum:

I get extra 5 pages on iphone 6, for a sec (untill it refreshed) i was all exited, adrenaline pumping, Abb music on, the winner dance began...

To find out nothing happened
2016-10-20
Use props
TopFPV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Abb- Abba
2016-10-20
Use props
xarons21
lvl.1

United States

J.O. Posted at 2016-10-20 10:49
**reads pointless wall of text**

....I still just want a Mavic

HAHA yeah, im not spending 1100 on a karma (id only want the best camera) if I can spend the same a month later and get a better product... i don't NEED the gimbal stick, but WANT the mavic!
2016-10-20
Use props
3dflight
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-20 12:44

@DJI-Ken  Can you comment on whether orders placed through the "DJI Official Store" on Amazon on announcement day (9/27) are being treated as pre-orders just like those placed through the DJI website?

As you know, during the announcement the DJI store started redirecting to the Amazon storefront.  The verbiage on the page at the time indicated the pre-orders were limited to the first 100 and would be given priority shipping (the order confirmation still says this).  

I understand you're not in logistics/shipping, but if you could at least find out how DJI intends to handle those orders placed w/ Amazon during the announcement that would help.  Not asking for shipping date etc. just curious if those orders are handled any differently.

I interpreted the redirect to Amazon as an official way of saying "this is a supported method of pre-order"...
2016-10-20
Use props
J.O.
lvl.2

Netherlands

Could it be were not waiting on DJI, but DJI is waiting on Samsung to fix the issue with the S7, Mavic and DJI GO app?

It sounds silly, but if the app indeed crashes they can't really release the drone as DJI does not know how many S7 users will be getting a Mavic. And they can't say here is the Mavic, but for all you S7 users....you can't fly yet.
2016-10-20
Use props
TopFPV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

3dflight Posted at 2016-10-20 18:06
@DJI-Ken  Can you comment on whether orders placed through the "DJI Official Store" on Amazon on a ...

What you posted makes no point at all almost like its been google translated
2016-10-20
Use props
xarons21
lvl.1

United States

pythagoras183 Posted at 2016-10-20 11:17
I didn't feel like that seekingalpha article was biased against DJI. I think it's a legitimate poi ...

that "competitor" isnt one... their drone is inferior in almost every way...
2016-10-20
Use props
ctonyperry
lvl.2

United States

The most plausible rumor I've heard so far is this.

DJI is contractually obligated to supply Apple with a specific number of units before they are allowed to be made available by anyone else. The demand was enough that they were not able to meet this stock level while also providing Mavics to direct orders or resellers. It seems to me, that in this scenario it is likely that no one will see a Mavic until they are available through Apple on November 2nd, which I imagine is probably a drop-dead date in that contract.
2016-10-20
Use props
TopFPV
lvl.2

J.O. Posted at 2016-10-21 01:07
Could it be were not waiting on DJI, but DJI is waiting on Samsung to fix the issue with the S7, Mav ...

Its not specific to s7 is it? Its either Android or Apple app simples nothing to do with phone model but rather what OS it is runing.
2016-10-20
Use props
stanhersh44
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

watuse Posted at 2016-10-21 00:54
I totally agree with you, what set me back in wanting to own one, is the freaking size all the don ...

That is the biggest reason I ordered it.
I do a lot of motorcycle riding threw awesome scenery several times a week and this little Mavic can easily fit into my saddlebag. I could stick my P4 on my luggage rack but I wouldn't want it to fall off.
The Mavic can also fit in my car's glovebox, how cool is that.
I've been on hikes with my P4/backpack and it's great and all, but to be able to carry the Mavic in your jacket pocket is awesome and much less cumbersome.
The technology built into the tiny form factor is truly amazing. And to be able to take it out of it's bag, unfold the arms and be ready to fly in just a couple of minutes is pretty cool.
2016-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules