142787 1507 2016-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Travis199 Posted at 2016-10-21 00:41
I've had a P1 since they first came out. Never went any further so I imagine the mavic will be lig ...

Light years indeed, I remember years ago when the gimbals first came out and they were servo operated I tried most all of them and to imagine what we have now. Then seeing a video of a guy in front of a mirror who designed his own brushless gimbal and moving it around and the video was fairly still and watching the camera not really move, I was in completely amazed.
2016-10-20
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-21 00:44
I remember back in 2011 when I was first getting into this stuff, the only way to get a drone like ...

I totally agree with you, what set me back in wanting to own one, is the freaking size all the dones I have seen. I am the type of person that like to take things that does not occupy space, camera, video cameras, etc. Every time I saw my friend pull out that back pack, I was like phantom inside, and he would say yes. I like the thing, I did not like how it is not convenient.. But the Mavic is going to change the entire drone industry and maybe the better safety it is, the less regulation we need to have.
2016-10-20
Use props
TopFPV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Bloody hell, 40min later refresh forum:

I get extra 5 pages on iphone 6, for a sec (untill it refreshed) i was all exited, adrenaline pumping, Abb music on, the winner dance began...

To find out nothing happened
2016-10-20
Use props
TopFPV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Abb- Abba
2016-10-20
Use props
xarons21
lvl.1

United States

J.O. Posted at 2016-10-20 10:49
**reads pointless wall of text**

....I still just want a Mavic

HAHA yeah, im not spending 1100 on a karma (id only want the best camera) if I can spend the same a month later and get a better product... i don't NEED the gimbal stick, but WANT the mavic!
2016-10-20
Use props
3dflight
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-20 12:44
I'm able to verify that the end of November shipping for the first preorders is INCORRECT.

@DJI-Ken  Can you comment on whether orders placed through the "DJI Official Store" on Amazon on announcement day (9/27) are being treated as pre-orders just like those placed through the DJI website?

As you know, during the announcement the DJI store started redirecting to the Amazon storefront.  The verbiage on the page at the time indicated the pre-orders were limited to the first 100 and would be given priority shipping (the order confirmation still says this).  

I understand you're not in logistics/shipping, but if you could at least find out how DJI intends to handle those orders placed w/ Amazon during the announcement that would help.  Not asking for shipping date etc. just curious if those orders are handled any differently.

I interpreted the redirect to Amazon as an official way of saying "this is a supported method of pre-order"...
2016-10-20
Use props
J.O.
lvl.2

Netherlands

Could it be were not waiting on DJI, but DJI is waiting on Samsung to fix the issue with the S7, Mavic and DJI GO app?

It sounds silly, but if the app indeed crashes they can't really release the drone as DJI does not know how many S7 users will be getting a Mavic. And they can't say here is the Mavic, but for all you S7 users....you can't fly yet.
2016-10-20
Use props
TopFPV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

3dflight Posted at 2016-10-20 18:06
@DJI-Ken  Can you comment on whether orders placed through the "DJI Official Store" on Amazon on a ...

What you posted makes no point at all almost like its been google translated
2016-10-20
Use props
xarons21
lvl.1

United States

pythagoras183 Posted at 2016-10-20 11:17
I didn't feel like that seekingalpha article was biased against DJI. I think it's a legitimate poi ...

that "competitor" isnt one... their drone is inferior in almost every way...
2016-10-20
Use props
ctonyperry
lvl.2

United States

The most plausible rumor I've heard so far is this.

DJI is contractually obligated to supply Apple with a specific number of units before they are allowed to be made available by anyone else. The demand was enough that they were not able to meet this stock level while also providing Mavics to direct orders or resellers. It seems to me, that in this scenario it is likely that no one will see a Mavic until they are available through Apple on November 2nd, which I imagine is probably a drop-dead date in that contract.
2016-10-20
Use props
TopFPV
lvl.2

J.O. Posted at 2016-10-21 01:07
Could it be were not waiting on DJI, but DJI is waiting on Samsung to fix the issue with the S7, Mav ...

Its not specific to s7 is it? Its either Android or Apple app simples nothing to do with phone model but rather what OS it is runing.
2016-10-20
Use props
stanhersh44
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

watuse Posted at 2016-10-21 00:54
I totally agree with you, what set me back in wanting to own one, is the freaking size all the don ...

That is the biggest reason I ordered it.
I do a lot of motorcycle riding threw awesome scenery several times a week and this little Mavic can easily fit into my saddlebag. I could stick my P4 on my luggage rack but I wouldn't want it to fall off.
The Mavic can also fit in my car's glovebox, how cool is that.
I've been on hikes with my P4/backpack and it's great and all, but to be able to carry the Mavic in your jacket pocket is awesome and much less cumbersome.
The technology built into the tiny form factor is truly amazing. And to be able to take it out of it's bag, unfold the arms and be ready to fly in just a couple of minutes is pretty cool.
2016-10-20
Use props
ctonyperry
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-20 10:13
I do a lot of motorcycle riding threw awesome scenery sev ...

Portability was it for me too. With the mavic, I can pack it along with other stuff and not have to bring multiple bags/packs. Heck I bet it will fit into the glove box of my car. Now I just need a car based launching platform and a way to feed the video into the car's navigation screen.
2016-10-20
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-20 18:13

Stop it now Ken you are making me want it even more
2016-10-20
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144039 ft

ctonyperry@gmai Posted at 2016-10-21 01:10

DJI is contractually obligated to supply Apple  ...

Yes but they will have made such an agreement a long time before the 15th and would have been well aware of the order surely. It's not like Apple rung up on the 27th and said hey DJI. We want X amount of units
2016-10-20
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-21 01:13

I do a lot of mountain biking and the ability to chuck it in my pack and ride is so appealing

Ken, how do you think active track could perform following a mtb through a Forrest trail? There will be trees but it will obviously be fairly open

Do you think it will manage it?
2016-10-20
Use props
btollenaar
lvl.1

United States

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-21 00:44
I remember back in 2011 when I was first getting into this stuff, the only way to get a drone like ...

Well laddie, back when I was a teenager the only thing we had were R/C helicopters. They came in hundreds of little pieces and ran on gas (no electric copters at the time) and took a couple weeks to build (many of the parts had to be purchased separately). I paid a guy $10/hr in the late 90's to teach me how to fly my .30 size Kyosho Nexus.  It was hard a hell to fly but once I learned it was quite the thrill.  The gas engine plus the 50+" or whirling wooden blades added just enough danger to get the heart pumping. It was unfortunately stolen from a storage container...
2016-10-20
Use props
xarons21
lvl.1

United States

ctonyperry@gmai Posted at 2016-10-20 12:10

DJI is contractually obligated to supply Apple  ...

I think ken or Ed has confirmed apple doesnt get first dibs.
2016-10-20
Use props
warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I've finally caught up all this reading is hurting my eyes.
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

stanhersh44 Posted at 2016-10-21 01:12
If you think it is a problem that it is inappropriate that I am giving blowback to DJI and calling ...

I can promise you that DJI had every intention of shipping the Mavic on time. I do not know what the delay was but unfortunately it happened.
Delays happen and I'm sorry that the Mavic has not started shipping yet.
Lots of large companies have delays and it's an unfortunate part of business.
I have a $2,000 deposit on the new Tesla Model 3 that is supposed to be delivered by a certain date. We all know Tesla has delays, but am I going to cancel my order because of a delay. No chance because I want to be one of the first people to have an affordable electric car. If I cancelled now, I may have to wait a few more years for it as there's probably 500,000 deposits given.

If people are upset and think DJI has cheated them, then simply cancel your order and get your money back. I know that if I felt cheated that's what I would do.
2016-10-20
Use props
3dflight
lvl.2

United States

TopFPV Posted at 2016-10-20 13:08
What you posted makes no point at all almost like its been google translated

Let's see if Google translate did a better job this time;

Most people either ordered directly from DJI through their online store OR through a 3rd party retailer.  During the launch announcement though, when DJI's store stopped responding, DJI.com's store page for the Mavic started doing a browser redirect to their "DJI Offical Store" on amazon to a pre-order page.  That page indicated that pre-orders with priority shipping were limited to the first 100 pre-orders.  

I ordered during that redirect period and as such have a different status on my Amazon order than what I've seen most people post.  I've only seen one or two other people post a screenshot of their Amazon order that looks like mine.  Shortly after the DJI store came back online, they changed the wording on the Amazon page to reflect a later shipping date and removed the priority shipping/pre-order copy.

So anyone who ordered from the "DJI Official store" on Amazon during the announcement has a different order/shipping status than anyone who ordered direct on DJI.com or through a retailer.  I don't get any email updates direct from DJI and the only email I got indicated that they were updating my delivery to Oct 26th.
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

3dflight Posted at 2016-10-21 01:06
@DJI-Ken  Can you comment on whether orders placed through the "DJI Official Store" on Amazon on a ...

There's no way I can answer that and the online sales department would have better info.
But personally I think the individual people who preordered on the first day would be the first to get deliveries.
But thats just pure speculation.
I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you.
2016-10-20
Use props
uscjoker23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32087 ft
United States

ed_windham@yaho Posted at 2016-10-18 20:53
That is not an issue.  Confirmed with DJI HQ.

Hello Ed_windham, If you can so quickly check with HQ about the trademark issue, then why can't you ask what the hold up is??? Everyone says they are waiting for HQ to give information. I don't want to cancel and I don't mind being charged already. I just don't know what the big secret it about the hold up!!
2016-10-20
Use props
info7438
lvl.1

Canada

Hey everyone,

What about a little change in this conversation? We are speculating so much that we forgot to talk about our 'soon-to-come-new-friend'. I am really curious to hear from you what will be the main purpose of your Mavic Pro! Will it be for personnal use? Recreative? Business? Will you use it for sports, wedding, event etc? I am really curious to see what kind of customer bought it.

In my case, I bought it mainly for professionnal purpose. I own a company offering services from video production to marketing and the Mavic Pro will be a plus value for us. Since the law in Canada is not very clear, it is kind of hard to do business with a drone. We will be able to use it in certain places depending on when the stars will be align on 25 galaxy at the same time. We need a license, we need authorization from the gouvernment to fly (which take about 25 days) and we need insurance (around 1,500$ a year). We are working with more than 25 real estate seller and the drone is always a good way to sell our expertise (we already own two Phantom 2 Vision Plus (no use for the past 8 months) and a P3 Pro.

What about you?
2016-10-20
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

info7438 Posted at 2016-10-21 01:30
Hey everyone,

What about a little change in this conversation? We are speculating so much that we f ...

This doesn't belong on a thread that is specifically for shipping discussion.

Even though I agree with you and your intent 100% and I am excited.

2016-10-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Travis199 Posted at 2016-10-21 01:20
I do a lot of mountain biking and the ability to chuck it in my pack and ride is so appealing

Ken ...

I have not tried Active Track with the Mavic yet. I know the P4 works pretty great.
I have not tried any tracking through a trail.
2016-10-20
Use props
michaelfranklin
lvl.1

United States

The most interesting thing to me....when you ask the DJI people they make it seem like they are a middle man. "We don't know any specifics yet" LOL. What the heck is that!! Is there a "We" "Them" and "Us"? By far the most ridiculous company stance ive ever seen...
2016-10-20
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-21 01:33
I have not tried Active Track with the Mavic yet. I know the P4 works pretty great.
I have not tri ...

Thanks Ken. Looking forward to trying it. And hopefully not killing it in the process!
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

ctonyperry@gmai Posted at 2016-10-21 01:14
Portability was it for me too. With the mavic, I can pack it along with other stuff and not have to ...

I'm sure it will fit in your glovebox. Since it's pretty much a carry around with you all the time aircraft, I'm sure everyone will be getting some incredible unexpected photos/video.
2016-10-20
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3

21st in china now. Wonder if today will be the day for some further info!! Pleasssse DJI!
2016-10-20
Use props
Revs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73514 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-20 18:27
I can promise you that DJI had every intention of shipping the Mavic on time. I do not know what t ...

I can only assume no one read the T&C as they ordered. It says that the Mavic may be subject to delays. It is nothing unusual. Though I think the main beef is the lack of comms, which is puzzling. I really can't understand DJI's strategy here.
2016-10-20
Use props
info7438
lvl.1

Canada

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-20 13:32
This doesn't belong on a thread that is specifically for shipping discussion.

Even though I agree ...

You right. It's probably way better to say the same thing over 33 different pages when the only answer is: they won't tell you anything because they don't want to tell you anything. We can speculate and hate that product with something not under our control or we can create a better atmosphere by talking about something positive.

People are asking the same thing on Facebook, Twitter, 500 different forum and no answer is given. But hey, I got an IDEA! Maybe I should ask if only one Mavic was shipped? Why it is not? is there a trademark issue? PLEASE KEN! TELL ME WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW.

You can keep staring at your broken leg and ask to heal itself but the problem will stay the same. Magic does not exist and even a multi millionnaire company can't.
2016-10-20
Use props
danieleforyou
lvl.2
Flight distance : 154820 ft
Iceland

Your opinion counts!
Hilarious fact: just got this email from Trusted Shops Team:

How many stars do you give store.dji.com?
★        ★        ★        ★        ★       
Rate shop now

Review your order 03911232xxxx from 03.10.2016 and share your experience with other customers.
You haven't received you order yet?

Guys, how many stars should I give them?
2016-10-20
Use props
Kabooki
lvl.1

Hey guys,
I was just wondering... Can you carry a drone on an aircraft with you ?

I knows its a little off topic but though id try !
2016-10-20
Use props
Revs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73514 ft
United Kingdom

danieleforyou Posted at 2016-10-20 18:45
Your opinion counts!
Hilarious fact: just got this email from Trusted Shops Team:

Wow, talk about a red rag to a bull. I'd be like {:4_173:}

Oh, 1 star, max! lol
2016-10-20
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

info7438 Posted at 2016-10-21 01:44
You right. It's probably way better to say the same thing over 33 different pages when the only ans ...

Your opinion on those posting in this thread is totally irrelevant man, even if you're right it doesn't matter....  This thread is about shipping issues.  Make a new thread called "Why is everyone so mad" and talk about it there.
2016-10-20
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

Kabooki Posted at 2016-10-21 01:49
Hey guys,
I was just wondering... Can you carry a drone on an aircraft with you ?

Indeed, but you can't check luggage with batteries in it.  Those have to be carry on.
2016-10-20
Use props
jnmmoore
lvl.2

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-21 01:54
Indeed, but you can't check luggage with batteries in it.  Those have to be carry on.

And if its a LiPo battery you should use a LiPo safe bag or some airlines may take the battery from you
2016-10-20
Use props
danieleforyou
lvl.2
Flight distance : 154820 ft
Iceland

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-20 17:54

Just to be sure:

do the batteries are allowed in the carry-on luggage but not in the checked one?
The drone (without batteries) is allowed in both, right?
2016-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules