[Official] Mavic shipping issues
142784 1507 2016-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MKSOL
lvl.2

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-20 14:13
Your starting to sound like a broken record here, many companies take money from people for purcha ...

I disagree on almost every point

A concert is an event - and you receive your ticket for the event instantly in most cases, the ticket is the product and its provided when you pay.

You said the missed the release date and within a few days said it was delayed.  - Well not really - the non-update update never said it was delayed.  It said we have overwhelming response, we are producing them as fast as possible and thanks for your patience.  Never one did is say we have a delay, or provide any explanation or even an apology.

You said everyone can get their money back - well sort of, you can cancel and get your purchase price back.  Many if not most also are charged Foreign transaction fees by their credit card companies - typically 3 percent.  Good luck getting that money back, it likely ranges from 24 to 48 dollars - who should we see about that?

DJI can and should provide an announcement with actual information so consumers can make an informed decision.

By hey thats just my opinions
2016-10-20
Use props
cwpics
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Amazon UK authorised supplier stating UK launch postponed until 14th November
IMG_1918.JPG
2016-10-20
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

DJI launches their latest product, the @DJI-Ken Pro
assets.png
2016-10-20
Use props
pythagoras183
lvl.2

United States

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-20 11:26
When does the Mavic ship?

October 32nd
2016-10-20
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Today I received my credit card bill and there's a charge of $1299.00 on there for a mavic that I still don't have. Not knowing what the issue is with shipping I contacted the credit card company and told them what was going on. I don't really feel comfortable paying the balance not knowing what is going on with the retailer . For all know they could be gearing up to file chapter 11. Unfortunately I'm afraid I'm going to have to cancel my order and buy the mavic at a later date. Very sad and very scary.
2016-10-20
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also, Google " DJI mavic shipping delays" bunch of articles, very bad press for DJI.
2016-10-20
Use props
Birdog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 664521 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-20 19:34
Thank you for your order, you will truly love it.
You'll be able to get some awesome canyon shots o ...

MSX 125, small but Ill kick anyones ass on a race through central London
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-10-21 02:49
Today I received my credit card bill and there's a charge of $1299.00 on there for a mavic that I st ...

I am sorry you feel this way and have to cancel. By canceling, I can tell you that you're going to miss out, it's an incredible aircraft.
But that's totally understandable and you can just wait until it is available in store to pick up and take it off the shelf .
2016-10-20
Use props
sportykid2332
lvl.1

Mexico

MKSOL Posted at 2016-10-20 14:43

A concert is an event - and you receive your ticket for the even ...

This ^
I'm sure there are many people that would like to cancel their orders, receive their $1,000 that has been collecting interest for DJI for almost a month, and ride out the storm before purchasing again from a retailer... However, unless DJI is willing to reimburse us for the foreign transaction fee, then we're all stuck with  losing money if we cancel. I can't blame my bank, since they're pretty up front about these charges. But I can blame DJI, as they've essentially taken my $1,000 hostage with the only way out to lose $40-$50 or wait till who knows when for the Mavic to arrive.
2016-10-20
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

So uhhh....
Can anyone validate this?  Why was it deleted?

It seems not legit, firmware updates can be installed by the user, there's no need to recall all drones and flash them with new firmware unless there was some extreme oversight in the firmware development, which I think QA would have found before shipping any drones anywhere...

Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 1.03.03 PM.png
2016-10-20
Use props
xarons21
lvl.1

United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-10-20 13:50
Also, Google " DJI mavic shipping delays" bunch of articles, very bad press for DJI.

any "press" is good press.
2016-10-20
Use props
Dronez
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61135 ft
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-10-20 12:13
You know what is the problem that all you people are watching videos of those famous youtubers makin ...

Why don't you tell us how you really feel. Maybe start a YouTube channel. There's an idea...
2016-10-20
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-20 19:55
I am sorry you feel this way and have to cancel. By canceling, I can tell you that you're going t ...

That what I'm going to do Ken, purchase it in December off the shelf at Apple, I mean, whats the point of buying something if you don't know when exactly you will be getting it ?
2016-10-20
Use props
carltsway
lvl.1

United States

http://gizmodo.com/where-the-hell-is-the-dji-mavic-pro-1788030901
2016-10-20
Use props
johnlega
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I asked Siri when the Mavic would be released. Here answer:

" I'm sorry - I cannot find "released" and "Mavic" together, would you like me to search for those words separately "

2016-10-20
Use props
aethernex
lvl.1

United States

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-20 11:58
So uhhh....

Sure, firmware can be updated by the end user, but not everyone does it especially when it's a new toy. If the firmware causes irreparable damage, or has a high likelihood for fly-aways they should fix it before it reaches customers, both for their sake and that of their customers. It sucks, sure, but I'd rather have something I can depend on for my money, than get it instantly and with issues.
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-21 02:58
So uhhh....

Do you think they would delay shipping because of a firmware update?
They would just ship out and make you update the firmware before the aircraft was able to fly.
2016-10-20
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

aethernex Posted at 2016-10-21 03:05
Sure, firmware can be updated by the end user, but not everyone does it especially when it's a new ...

They can force the update.  They have total control over the drone at all times, and can disable it from taking off unless the firmware is correct.

I am a software developer, so I am very confident in this.  It has to be a hardware-interaction-level failure in the code to cause something like this.
2016-10-20
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-21 03:06
Do you think they would delay shipping because of a firmware update?
They would just ship out a ...

That's what I thought.  This seemed like BS.  I asked about it here because Gizmodo just posted an article about the Mavic and links to a cached version of that page, as if it's the truth and cause of the issue.  Rather misleading.  Also now every time I talk with you I will include this great picture.
assets.png
2016-10-20
Use props
stanhersh44
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-20
Use props
stanhersh44
Banned

United States

2016-10-20
Use props
aethernex
lvl.1

United States

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-20 12:06
They can force the update.  They have total control over the drone at all times, and can disable i ...

If my tablet isn't connected to a data connection when I go to use the device the first time or use just the remote instead of attaching my phone, how would they be able to force the firmware update? The drone would have no way of knowing that it is required. Unless they baked this in before shipping the devices, which I don't believe to be the case.

That may lower the number of users affected, but still something they likely want to avoid.
2016-10-20
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

aethernex Posted at 2016-10-21 03:11
If my tablet isn't connected to a data connection when I go to use the device the first time or us ...

They can build it into the app.  Are you a coder?  Do you spend every single day making apps like me? lol a data connection would have nothing to do with it, it's all in the app, and if you are going to say "what if I don't update the app" well if you don't update it you won't be able to connect to the Mavic anyways.  Meaning that picture has to be total BS.  I still think it has to do with Hanjin Shipping.

As far as using the remote only, it seems much more likely that they would need to try something like this...  The remotes have their own firmware I am sure, and it's possible that you won't be able to fly the Mavic for the first time without a phone.  I think that would be a reasonable limitation for them to impose in a scenario like this.  Worst case scenario, give us a big flashing warning

this firmware sucks, upgrade it or your drone could die

but then you can ignore and fly anyways if you want.
2016-10-20
Use props
stanhersh44
Banned

United States

2016-10-20
Use props
ThisLife
lvl.1

United States

Hello all,

Thanks in advance for your replies. Let me start by saying I have been flying multirotors for seven years, and as there were delays with the A2, S1000, Lightbridge, and Inspire, I am well familiar with building in extra time with DJI's delivery dates. It's just how they work and you have to accept that. With the Lightbridge we received complimentary extras and for the Inspire they included the hard case which wasn't originally planned.

I was directed to the Amazon DJI page when I ordered on September 27. Since it's from the Official DJI Store, am I included in those that pre-ordered? Is it as if I ordered through the DJI website?
2016-10-20
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

aethernex Posted at 2016-10-20 20:11
If my tablet isn't connected to a data connection when I go to use the device the first time or us ...

You MUST activate the Mavic on first use, same as the Inspire, P3 and P4. So this is how they would issue a mandatory firmware update. You cannot fly before first activating.
2016-10-20
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

sploodge Posted at 2016-10-21 03:16
You MUST activate the Mavic on first use, same as the Inspire, P3 and P4. So this is how they woul ...

Knew it.  Thanks for your sploodge of knowledge
2016-10-20
Use props
stanhersh44
Banned

United States

2016-10-20
Use props
rJRuyBq3fTGb
lvl.1

Canada

aethernex Posted at 2016-10-20 13:05
Sure, firmware can be updated by the end user, but not everyone does it especially when it's a new  ...

DJI reps have previously stated that they can force an update to take place when you first register your craft. And you can't fly it until it has been registered. So, yes, they could ship and still do a firmware up date before first flight (assuming they have the new firmware ready to go by the time the craft gets into your hands).
2016-10-20
Use props
janvg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42211 ft
New Zealand

TopFPV Posted at 2016-10-21 03:42
UK main importer did confirm that Mavic will be shipped next week to him so end of oct to begining o ...

Same for New Zealand.
2016-10-20
Use props
robble
lvl.2

United States

"Overwhelming demand" being the only reason they've given for not yet shipping?  Then why are they doing this? (just posted on youtube two hours ago)
It's posted by DJI and saying to buy it at the link they provide.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TehcliveShit
Buy the DJI Mavic right now with this awesome deal: http://bit.ly/2e4IZSJ Best deal you will find right now, plus fastest shipping!" < fastest shipping???

2016-10-20
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

stanhersh44 Posted at 2016-10-21 03:20
Looks like there is about to be some well-deserved irreparable brand damage for the general public t ...

No other drones come even close to DJI.

No brand damage can be done when you have a monopoly.  Amazon has horrendous support for vendors on their site, but people have stopped complaining because there is simply no alternative.

This would be very bad for DJI if the Karma was a worthy player in this contest, but it's not.  The Mavic blows everything out of the water, and that is all people are going to remember.

No amount of blogs writing about current trends to get ad revenue is going to change that.
2016-10-20
Use props
TopFPV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

janvg Posted at 2016-10-20 20:22
Same for New Zealand.

Glad to hear some confirmation, thank you!
2016-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MKSOL Posted at 2016-10-20 19:43

A concert is an event - and you receive your ticket for the even ...

Your right they didn't say delayed ,but you haven't got it so it's delayed, they are not going to come out and issue a statement as to what's happening until they are sure, so your just going to have to wait like the rest of us, although if I felt the way some people here feel and the complete over the top reactions, if those people had any real principles even if they were to loose a few dollars on fees , then they should grow a pair and do the right thing ,but the real truth is they just like to whine and moan , and at the end of the day, they will just have to wait,

2016-10-20
Use props
aaronspence
lvl.2

United Kingdom

robble Posted at 2016-10-20 20:23
"Overwhelming demand" being the only reason they've given for not yet shipping?  Then why are they d ...

"Best deal you will find right now, plus fastest shipping!"

Fastest shipping? Theyr'e taking the piss now...
2016-10-20
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

robble Posted at 2016-10-21 03:23
"Overwhelming demand" being the only reason they've given for not yet shipping?  Then why are they d ...

You know this is not DJI right?  That is an affiliate link, and the channel is Tech live S***, not DJI.
2016-10-20
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

stanhersh44 Posted at 2016-10-20 15:11
Speak of the devil: Gizmodo!!!!!

http://gizmodo.com/where-the-hell-is-the-dji-mavic-pro-1788030901 ...

This is starting to get pretty hairy.
2016-10-20
Use props
3dflight
lvl.2

United States

ThisLife Posted at 2016-10-20 15:16
Hello all,

Thanks in advance for your replies. Let me start by saying I have been flying multirotor ...

As of right now this is what mine still says.  Holding out hope...

It's still interesting that mine has this; "Priority Delivery Limited to First One Hundred Pre-orders!! Pre-sales And Expected Shipped Since 10/18; From DJI Official Store." and the date moved, but it moved to Oct 26th.
2016-10-20
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have already done a firmware update.  It came up on my iPhone 6S+.  Not a big deal.  We have stated that we will inform users when there is an update on the shipping of the Mavic.  We will do that.  I am not sure what the purpose is of creating a media storm because of a missed shipping date.  It is not like any other company has not done that before.  Right now we are 5 days beyond the announced shipping date.  People are acting like the sky is falling and the earth will come to an end if they do not get their Mavic.  We are sorry.  We will ship at the earliest we can.
2016-10-20
Use props
stanhersh44
Banned

United States

2016-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules