142811 1488 2016-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Morgon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104393 ft
United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-20 15:39
I have already done a firmware update.  It came up on my iPhone 6S+.  Not a big deal.  We have state ...

Obviously, the point of an outlet publishing the story is certainly clicks. But if I had to guess, the point of giving the story to an outlet would almost certainly be to pressure DJI into providing an honest, upfront status update (as they should have). Media attention always seems to get companies to do the right thing.
2016-10-20
Use props
stanhersh44
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-20
Use props
pXTHxoStWY5h
lvl.3
United States

stanhersh44 Posted at 2016-10-20 12:20
Looks like there is about to be some well-deserved irreparable brand damage for the general public t ...

Which one is the Steve Jobs wannabe? It's like he was channeling his inner Apple at the press conference.
Same beard like Jobs...same dorky jeans...only thing missing was a turtleneck and I would have thought the Sept 27 event was the new IPhone 8
2016-10-20
Use props
stanhersh44
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-20
Use props
civeng123
lvl.2

United States

stanhersh44 Posted at 2016-10-20 15:11
Don't do it KEN!!! Don't do it ED!!!!

The DJI-Ken/TahoeEd Mavic Drone:

That really is a little bit too far.
2016-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Stanhersh44 man of principle, whining moaning whinging what a complete fool he sounds like, he has done nothing but complain about everything dji has done wrong to him, yet he purchased the Mavic from dji , he's threatening to go to the press to continue his whinging there, yet he is soon to be the proud owner of a shining new Mavic, I think the press will have a good laugh at this, the man needs to grow a pair cancel his order , and stop all the whinging.
2016-10-20
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>

Where does it say November 2nd for Apple? I just see shipping in November on their site.
2016-10-20
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144039 ft

stanhersh44 Posted at 2016-10-21 04:18
Oh no - I'm not threatening to go to the press. I already did   
If DJI wanted to stick a sandy  ...

lol what are you hoping to achieve, pointless
2016-10-20
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Hmm a justified use of the ban button for Stan i think ... jeez
2016-10-20
Use props
warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Have you checked your inboxes lately. I wish I had a pound for every time you all did. I ordered from apple and it still says ships November, when in November!!!. I think the problem is they don't have enough units made to ship and they have to save money on shipping because the mavic is cheap for what you get. I have 5 quadcopters and I wasn't in the market to buy a new drone but when I had seen the mavic that was it I had to have one so dji are very busy at the moment and don't need people complaining about the shipping date. Most of the people on here already own a dji so you know what great products they make so just wait it's not that bad.
2016-10-20
Use props
pXTHxoStWY5h
lvl.3
United States

stanhersh44 Posted at 2016-10-20 13:08
Oh I'm sure of that. I already emailed a senior Apple contact, and The Verge is writing it up as w ...

Yup...Apple covered their asses though and didn't charge my credit card yet. They would've had some "explaining" to do when I, and others showed up on Nov 2 to pick up our products we paid for....not charging gives them an out.

STILL makes them look bad though for getting into bed with DJI whom I'm finding out has horrible customer service......and from what I've seen the last 5 days, NO communicating to customers who they've taken money from.

Bernie Madoff would be proud.
2016-10-20
Use props
hwkidd
lvl.1

United States

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-20 12:47
I work in an e-commerce company as chief of marketing.  I would kill to have articles like this wri ...

SO  true,   the more I read,  about people being upset,  the more I think how cool this bird is,  and  when it gets here its just going to be that much cooler,   Sure I would have liked to have it, yesterday, but you know what, I live in the Pacific northwest,  and its been raining for the last week,  so I could not have taken it out anyway,,,  Like many of folks have said,  all the things this can do,  is going to be a new level of enjoyment,  My last Dji item was the Vision,  and I sold it,  because there were just no rules, and  so much concern,  now with some rules and programing,   I am really looking forward to getting out and having fun, and taking some awesome photos,    So my two cents worth,  is sit back and read the 37 pages, and enjoy,   Dream of  how this thing is going to change the way you have played with a drone before,   Like many have said,  if you are in the situation that are concerned about your money,  then maybe you should cancel  and wait until it is in the stores,   Even then you are going to get the best built and featured drone on the market to date,   at least for 6 months before  Mavic 2.0 is released,    Happy flying,
2016-10-20
Use props
BaseOutdoorsNZ
lvl.1

New Zealand

Reseller in New Zeland (PB Tech) have just advised expected release date has been pushed to between 25/10 - 31/10 from 21/10 after notification from the supplier. I suspect that this would be the first batch as I would assume reseller allotments would be included in the first wave. If your included in the resellers first delivery by preordering from them then you may get yours in the first wave would be my guess.
2016-10-20
Use props
speziale.michae
lvl.2
Flight distance : 368579 ft
United States

pXTHxoStWY5h Posted at 2016-10-21 04:22
Yup...Apple covered their asses though and didn't charge my credit card yet. They would've had som ...

Apple already charged me
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Please keep the foul language and inappropriate vulgar comments out of the forum.
2016-10-20
Use props
mgtkilledkenny
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1155823 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I'm not complaining that the mavic did not ship on time .

But why blame shipping delays on demands that was unforeseen .

surely dji would of had xxx of Thousand unit ready to ship.  Why would they hold the shipment of there and come some out there
2016-10-20
Use props
pXTHxoStWY5h
lvl.3
United States

What happens if DJI gets pissed off after reading these forums and decides to send us all drone cats instead??? Would that make you happy???!!
Let's not anger them lol
image.jpeg
2016-10-20
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-20 21:06
Do you think they would delay shipping because of a firmware update?
They would just ship out a ...

How will they make you? You could just fly it out of the box with the remote without the phone in it...
They could add a note in every Mavic box to say to UPDATE BEFORE FLYING.

Hey, that would be great speculation 100.000 units, open the boxes, put note on it, seal again. Also those that are already shipped. lol
2016-10-20
Use props
pandthu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 771240 ft
  • >>>
India

how  long is the flight time ?
2016-10-20
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

ThisLife Posted at 2016-10-21 03:49
Oh wow sorry, that's really rough... I can't believe DJI would just cancel the order instead of ju ...

I agree.  I doubt it was DJI that canceled his order.  
2016-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There are more Trolls on this thread than you can shake a stick at....
2016-10-20
Use props
speziale.michae
lvl.2
United States

Did anyone else order from apple for in store pickup? I was charged and it was released, as usual, but I was charged charged a few days ago. Still says processing and pick up in November
2016-10-20
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is just an idea, not trying to start trouble but why doesn't DJI refund everybody's money and then when they accually have issue free mavics all boxed up and a shipping company ready to handle the shipping then start taking orders? Yes, no , maybe?
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Nees Posted at 2016-10-20 13:37
How will they make you? You could just fly it out of the box with the remote without the phone in i ...

You have to have an Internet connection and activate the aircraft before your first flight .  
2016-10-20
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144039 ft

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-10-21 04:41
This is just an idea, not trying to start trouble but why doesn't DJI refund everybody's money and t ...

Bin that!!! I'm not losing my place in the queue, Im not arsed that they have my money, i know ill get the drone eventually, sucks i have to wait but I know ill get it
2016-10-20
Use props
rJRuyBq3fTGb
lvl.1

Canada

Nees Posted at 2016-10-20 14:37
How will they make you? You could just fly it out of the box with the remote without the phone in i ...

Easy - the flight controller won't arm the propellers until the unit has been registered on the DJI website. You must connect to the DJI site at least once before the first flight... when you do that the update is downloaded and installed.
2016-10-20
Use props
pXTHxoStWY5h
lvl.3
United States

stanhersh44 Posted at 2016-10-20 13:12
Yeah - that was the goober "Michael Perry". He thinks he is a Steve Jobs. He's the head of DJI Mar ...

Maybe Apple will hire him as head of their marketing strategy...lol
2016-10-20
Use props
pXTHxoStWY5h
lvl.3
United States

APPLE CHARGED you already??
2016-10-20
Use props
civeng123
lvl.2

United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-10-20 15:41
This is just an idea, not trying to start trouble but why doesn't DJI refund everybody's money and t ...

They have this system in place for those that want to do it right now.  Just go cancel your order and place it again when the devices start shipping.  

I would rather keep my place in line and just wait.
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Danny-B- Posted at 2016-10-20 13:22
Hmm a justified use of the ban button for Stan i think ... jeez

Took care of it.
Please, this type of behavior will not be tolerated
2016-10-20
Use props
pXTHxoStWY5h
lvl.3
United States

speziale.michae Posted at 2016-10-20 13:39
Did anyone else order from apple for in store pickup? I was charged and it was released, as usual, b ...

I have in-store pickup for Apples San Francisco flagship store. They keep telling me everything is good, hahahahaha we shall see Nov 2
2016-10-20
Use props
speziale.michae
lvl.2
United States

pXTHxoStWY5h Posted at 2016-10-21 04:44
APPLE CHARGED you already??

Yezzir. No chance in status yet, though.
2016-10-20
Use props
speziale.michae
lvl.2
United States

pXTHxoStWY5h Posted at 2016-10-21 04:47
I have in-store pickup for Apples San Francisco flagship store. They keep telling me everything is ...

I just keep hoping mine will come in by early November. That's what I was hoping for when I ordered from Apple, plus I had a feeling that they would be the most reliable/priority vendor, which is why I didn't mind paying sales tax.
2016-10-20
Use props
ultraflight77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 881598 ft
United States

Wonder how it works with Apple if you chose the shipping option instead of the store pickup? Will they ship to the stores 1st? Will it be 1st serve order?
2016-10-20
Use props
Gulfu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 771240 ft
  • >>>
India

Off Topic  
is this normal?  this forum trying to load unauthenticated scripts ?
2016-10-20
Use props
BaseOutdoorsNZ
lvl.1

New Zealand

DJI biggest problem is they have made a product that everyone wants, personally, I have always thought drones were cool but wasn't rushing out to buy one, then I saw the Karma and thought man that's the coolest thing I have ever seen I want one, next day I see the Mavic and that was it I needed this! I preordered straight away and have been counting the days ever since. Let's face it if this was just an average product then all this angst over the delay in this first shipment wouldn't even exist. So for now, I will get as much work done as I can so when I do get my hands on the coolest thing I have ever seen I will at least have some time to fly it. I would prefer to get a drone with as many kinks ironed out as possible even if this adds a few weeks to my impatience rather than receive a rushed drone that proceeds to drop into the ocean. How many airline flights have been delayed due to unforeseen technical issues? Plenty, then I hear all the complaints from passengers. Would they prefer the pilot just said stuff it lets just roll the dice?
Yes DJI could communicate better but you bet one thing for sure they will be trying to get these things out the door ASAP to avoid missing too many sales to the Karma.
2016-10-20
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

Anyone at DJI know if the  drones will start shipment tracking from the US or China?
2016-10-20
Use props
SHJMw4xhOqc8
lvl.2

Australia

BaseOutdoorsNZ Posted at 2016-10-21 04:55
DJI biggest problem is they have made a product that everyone wants, personally, I have always thoug ...

No one knows if it's a technical issue and people are annoyed that they haven't been given an update regarding when they will ship. Regardless of what is wrong they should update us with estimated shipping time.
2016-10-20
Use props
civeng123
lvl.2

United States

SHJMw4xhOqc8 Posted at 2016-10-20 16:01
No one knows if it's a technical issue and people are annoyed that they haven't been given an upda ...

My theory is the DJI is waiting for the threatened mass cancellation to happen tomorrow, then ship out to everyone that is left!!!  This is how they will determine who is worthy!

2016-10-20
Use props
uL1UO4mJzCMT
lvl.1

Here is what bestbuy says
image.jpg
2016-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules