Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[Official] Mavic shipping issues
142394 1488 2016-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ctonyperry
lvl.2

United States

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-18 18:33
Ladies and Gentlemen..... we owe them an apology.
Go Mavic

For what? Being upset that they made a commitment, failed to meet it, made another empty commitment and failed to meet that? Don't think so.
2016-10-18
Use props
Eazy123
lvl.2
  • >>>

I just got the email from DJI via Amazon:

------------------------------------

Dear Customers,

We said at our Mavic Pro launch event that we would begin shipping in mid-October. We’ve just passed that, and if you’re wondering where your Mavic Pro is, we’d like to offer an update.

Since unveiling the Mavic Pro, we’ve had amazingly strong global demand. Production is in full swing, and we will be fulfilling orders as fast as we can.

We thank you for your enthusiasm and patience and for being a DJI customer.

Best,
Adam Najberg
Global Director of Communication
DJI

-----------------------

And according to Amazon, my ship time is STILL Oct. 18-26.  I dunno, man...

2016-10-18
Use props
ed_windham
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

incogneito Posted at 2016-10-19 11:10
You forgot to mention... Ask about customer service there son. May I ask how is Dji's customer ser ...

I am probably old enough to be your father but that aside.  Our CS is much improved.  We have a mechanism to escalate users issues that appear on the forums, FB and Twitter.  It goes directly to senior management at the associated repair center.  The user gets a response within 24-48 hours and a resolution there after.  If you are referring to our system of a year or two years ago then yes you may have a point.  Right now no we are well beyond those times.
2016-10-18
Use props
wwwyzard
lvl.2

United States

Operating Temperature        32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C)

32 degrees is right around the corner in Ohio....

2016-10-18
Use props
Mr.Li
New

United States

I ordered it relatively earlier than average people. I am done waiting and about to cancel it. Something must be going on that  preventing them from following the schedule.
People, don't bother to contact the customer service because they truely dont know s-h-i-t about shipping at all, just like us. I am sure they want to help but they just can't.

I may ended up get one from b&h when they have it.

Best wishes to all of you.

Capture.PNG

Screenshot

Screenshot
2016-10-18
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4
Flight distance : 354131 ft

OK, so here's the deal. There is likely a trademark issue and DJI can't talk about it until they have resolved it.

MAVIC SAS's trademark for MAVIC
DJI's trademark application for MAVIC

If it's a legal issue (i.e. MAVIC SAS in France sending DJI a cease-and-desist and potential lawsuit) then they are not allowed to discuss it publicly:

It may be against the law in certain countries/districts to discuss a pending lawsuit with the public.

If it's a licensing issue (i.e. negotiations with MAVIC SAS to license it to DJI) then:

It would give unnecessary advantage to MAVIC SAS in France to exploit a negotiation for licensing the trademark to DJI, costing DJI a lot of money.

Therefore, if this is indeed the reason, then DJI will not tell you all the real reason the delay exists! And this makes sense.

This has happened in the past with Apple and the iPhone trademark, and several other circumstances where a large company had to license a name from another large company.

MAVIC SAS in France is not going to just give up their trademark. They've had it for years, and they'll have it for at least 2026 (according to trademark details). They are going to enforce it. This means litigation or licensing. And that may take a few weeks.
2016-10-18
Use props
wwwyzard
lvl.2

United States

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-10-19 11:22
OK, so here's the deal. There is likely a trademark issue and DJI can't talk about it until they hav ...

That is the most tangible thing I have heard since Oct. 14th

2016-10-18
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4

wwwyzard Posted at 2016-10-19 11:18
Operating Temperature        32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C)

32 degrees is right around the corner in Ohio ...

Haha, yeah, I'm worried about the operating temperature. 32 degrees is not very low! I like to travel to cold places a lot, so that's a bit of a bummer.

I have an Inspire, and I have operated it in sub-32-degree environments, but it is also rated for 0 degrees+. There is even a thread about this, http://forum.dji.com/thread-2149-1-1.html -- It seems the biggest issue is the camera, which is rated for 0 degrees or higher, and the rest of the components can be -20.

So the Mavic being rated only 32 degrees and higher is a little frightening. Because maybe that means it can't go much lower.
2016-10-18
Use props
Thulinm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 223238 ft
Australia

Don't mind the wait if I just got some straight answers on when it will be shipped. In Australia and ordered 1/10. My first drone.
Also wondering if possibility to "upgrade" to the fly more combo without losing my spot and pay the difference? Probably not possible or have to wait another month after they get stock. Might get extra batteries after instead to be sure.
2016-10-18
Use props
U7pe6v6ud9EZ
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm sure DJI would have researched potential trademark issues beforehand.
2016-10-18
Use props
wwwyzard
lvl.2

United States

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-10-19 11:31
Haha, yeah, I'm worried about the operating temperature. 32 degrees is not very low! I like to tra ...

Yep, most likely will be dry humping my fabled mavic indoors over the winter...
2016-10-18
Use props
sierahotel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 430823 ft
Canada

Take your time and do it right DJI. Don't listen to the crybabies.
2016-10-18
Use props
dontawk2me-sp
lvl.1

stanhersh44 Posted at 2016-10-19 04:09
**** The posts are shielded ****

Some of those threads were 20+ pages.The other threads were getting quite a few people claiming to have canceled their orders too. Can't have everyone reading that.
2016-10-18
Use props
ed_windham
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-10-19 11:22
OK, so here's the deal. There is likely a trademark issue and DJI can't talk about it until they hav ...

That is not an issue.  Confirmed with DJI HQ.
2016-10-18
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-10-18 22:22

Back in the 1960s Ford ran into a similar problem in Germany when the name 'Mustang' was already trademarked.   Instead of a long protracted legal fight that would delay delivery of the Mustang, they re-badged the Mustang as the T-5.   So in Germany you bought a Ford T-5.   

Perhaps DJI should just rename the product for France, and only for France.
2016-10-18
Use props
incogneito
lvl.2

United States

ed_windham@yaho Posted at 2016-10-19 11:16
I am probably old enough to be your father but that aside.  Our CS is much improved.  We have a me ...

Right you probably are, and my father would also give me a straight answer as well. Which you nor Dji has.
2016-10-18
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

incogneito Posted at 2016-10-19 12:10
Right you probably are, and my father would also give me a straight answer as well. Which you nor  ...

.....what?
2016-10-18
Use props
burst
lvl.1

New Zealand

BaseOutdoorsNZ Posted at 2016-10-19 10:29
I'm located in Auckland New Zealand. I have had a Mavic on preorder from a large local reseller here ...

Which shop was that? Last I heard may be end of Nov. Shipping ~40days from rubber
2016-10-18
Use props
nister5
lvl.1

United States

Can a DJI REP answer this question for me? If I pre-ordered on october 11th (really late compared to others on here lol) will I get it faster than the stores such as best buy? Or will I get it faster by canceling my order here and just walking in the bestbuy or apple store to get one?

Thanks.
2016-10-18
Use props
zach5150
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225148 ft
United States

Thulinm Posted at 2016-10-18 22:32
Don't mind the wait if I just got some straight answers on when it will be shipped. In Australia and ...

I originally ordered the drone only on 10/6. About 20 minutes later I realized I wanted to get the combo and did a chat w/ sales rep. They were not able to 'upgrade' my order. They told me to cancel the original and reorder w/ the combo.
2016-10-18
Use props
sergey.fedak
lvl.2

United Kingdom

2 forum closed by dji to redirect to this so called MEGATHREAD
How is that mega, first forum 25 pages, second 10 pages and this mega 15 . Bollox
2016-10-18
Use props
jonwitte
lvl.1
Flight distance : 214081 ft
United States

Got this from Amazon earlier, not sure if anyone else posted about being in the first group or not. Maybe it's just something that was attached to the amazon emails.

Update on Mavic Pro

Dear Customers,

We said at our Mavic Pro launch event that we would begin shipping in mid-October. We’ve just passed that, and if you’re wondering where your Mavic Pro is, we’d like to offer an update.

Since unveiling the Mavic Pro, we’ve had amazingly strong global demand. Production is in full swing, and we will be fulfilling orders as fast as we can.

We thank you for your enthusiasm and patience and for being a DJI customer.

Best,

Adam Najberg

Global Director of Communication

DJI

**Please note that you remain among the first group of customers to receive the Mavic Pro and as soon as the Mavic Pro units are ready we will ship out to you immediately.

Should you have any questions about your order, please feel free to contact us through Amazon message.

DJI Official Store
2016-10-18
Use props
Thulinm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 223238 ft
Australia

Thanks zach. Won't change my order. Wait until it arrives and get the extras after.
2016-10-18
Use props
ed_windham
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

nister5 Posted at 2016-10-19 12:24
Can a DJI REP answer this question for me? If I pre-ordered on october 11th (really late compared to ...

I cannot advise you on your order.  I will say that Apple will receive their units at the beginning of November.   They may have units prior to your order.  The rest is up to you.
2016-10-18
Use props
DCMiZRpwejo6
lvl.1
United States

I don't mind waiting an extra week or two for shipping of the Mavic but if I don't receive some type of confirmation on a shipping date, I'm just going to buy the Karma when it's available next week and cancel my Mavic order. Yes, I know the Mavic is the better drone but the Karma has the better camera system and I'm not at all impressed with DJI's service regarding the vague availability date and no solid update on status of orders.  It also sounds like this is their normal operating procedure with releasing new products.

As far as prepaying for these drones, DJI should take note of the following:
According to the Fair Trade Commission:
The Mail, Internet, or Telephone Order Rule requires that when you advertise merchandise, you must have a reasonable basis for stating or implying that you can ship within a certain time. If you make no shipment statement, you must have a reasonable basis for believing that you can ship within 30 days. That is why direct marketers sometimes call this the "30-day Rule."

If, after taking the customer’s order, you learn that you cannot ship within the time you stated or within 30 days, you must seek the customer’s consent to the delayed shipment. If you cannot obtain the customer’s consent to the delay -- either because it is not a situation in which you are permitted to treat the customer’s silence as consent and the customer has not expressly consented to the delay, or because the customer has expressly refused to consent -- you must, without being asked, promptly refund all the money the customer paid you for the unshipped merchandise.
2016-10-18
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DCMiZRpwejo6 Posted at 2016-10-19 12:57
I don't mind waiting an extra week or two for shipping of the Mavic but if I don't receive some ...

Have you tried to order the Karma?  Let us know your experience with them.  Sorry to loose you as a customer but we cannot satisfy everyone.
2016-10-18
Use props
usercd4297da46
lvl.2
Flight distance : 425049 ft
Australia

This situation is nothing short of a disgrace and shows complete contempt for customers. DJI take note. You are not dealing with the local Chinese market here. You are dealing with the world. Whilst the poor excuse for customer service you're exhibiting may be the accepted norm in China, it is not in the rest of the world.

Sadly, for all the negativity towards DJI, enough lemminga want the product too much that they'll accept any rubbish dealt to them. As such, the lemmings will willing feed out of your hands until they have their shiney new toy.

This does not make it right or acceptable to carry on business in this manner. You owe it to your customers, DJI. Particularly those that have preordered and from whom you've received full payment. As it stands at the moment, some may consider what you've done as scamming or theft. You have their money, they have no product or even any honest information. See where this is headed, DJI?

Dishonest Junkies Incorporated.
2016-10-18
Use props
ecarpo
lvl.3

China

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-19 13:05
Have you tried to order the Karma?  Let us know your experience with them.  Sorry to lose you as a ...

Seriously, why even make that comment?

We cannot satisfy everyone.... Customer service at its worst.
2016-10-18
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4

U7pe6v6ud9EZ Posted at 2016-10-19 11:33
I'm sure DJI would have researched potential trademark issues beforehand.

They must not have. They submitted the trademark application 2 months ago (August 2016) and may not have seen the trademark that is awarded in the EU to MAVIS SAS that overlaps with the same international category.
2016-10-18
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4

ed_windham@yaho Posted at 2016-10-19 11:53
That is not an issue.  Confirmed with DJI HQ.

If it's just a demand issue, then why haven't we seen a single unit ship? Are you so sure it's not the trademark?

As it stands today, the trademark has *not* been awarded yet.
2016-10-18
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

stanhersh44 Posted at 2016-10-19 04:54
Here's an interesting thought:
DJI Plastered a huge Apple logo on their screen and said it will be i ...

you definitely right about that why plaster the apple logo that means it will be on store for apple on november 2nd and your right also if they don't keep up with their deal that it will be in the apple store on november 2nd they would get pretty upset.
2016-10-18
Use props
Edp4TvHsCMAI
New

OMG you guys are you kidding me. dji will get you the Mavic before Christmas. I'm sure you all have something to fly until then. Oh and prepare your heart for firmware updates etc.
2016-10-18
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

ecarpo@hotmail. Posted at 2016-10-19 13:20

We cannot satisfy everyone.... Customer service at its wo ...

What would you like us to say?  Ignore the comment?  If the Mavic does not meet your needs or your timing of the shipment?  We can only do what we can do.
2016-10-18
Use props
skermana
lvl.1

Australia

Edp4TvHsCMAI Posted at 2016-10-19 13:43
OMG you guys are you kidding me. dji will get you the Mavic before Christmas. I'm sure you all have  ...

The thing is i dont have something to fly.

I was planning to use it in the next to weeks and dont have them money to buy another drone in the mean time
2016-10-18
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

usercd4297da46 Posted at 2016-10-19 13:14
This situation is nothing short of a disgrace and shows complete contempt for customers. DJI take no ...

We have been through this before.  You want us to manufacture based on a number that we do not know when we announce.  What company does that?  We have ramped up the production.  We cannot do anything more.
2016-10-18
Use props
wkqkqkfk
lvl.1
United States

we should get a free gift or credit (carrying pouch?) for not meeting the promise.
2016-10-18
Use props
skermana
lvl.1

Australia

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-19 13:49
We have been through this before.  You want us to manufacture based on a number that we do not kno ...

Honestly I am looking for 2 things then I will be satisfied

1. Why haven't the mavics you have made not been sent?

2. when can we expect the first shipment?
2016-10-18
Use props
kbehrend
lvl.1

Australia

hahaha yeah wow...
2016-10-18
Use props
tigerdim
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75614 ft
Hong Kong

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-10-19 13:28
If it's just a demand issue, then why haven't we seen a single unit ship? Are you so sure it's not ...

I don't get this. It's been 3 weeks since you advertised mid October. Surely you must have produced a few units in 3 weeks.

No one is expecting you to have filled all orders by now, but you should at least have shipped to the first buyers.
2016-10-18
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

What would have liked us to comment?  Ignore.  If the Mavic does not work for you whether it is delivery or features there are other drones out there.  Every user has options.  I only stated the obvious.
2016-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules