[Official] Mavic shipping issues
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chris50
lvl.2

We wouldn't be so upset about all of this if the Mavic wasn't such an incredible drone.

DJi, please stop making these top-tier badass products so that less people want them and I can get my hands on them faster.
2016-10-19
Use props
JudgeRoyBean
lvl.2

Just seems like the only production units were to testers and that no actual sales stock were produced.  I find it very hard to believe that not a single ordered unit has shipped, not a single one?????  This was either a scam or the design itself presents some type of safety hazard....
2016-10-19
Use props
xarons21
lvl.1

United States

You guys have valid reasons to get upset, but lets be honest... you are SO upset because you are waiting for the latest and greatest drone avail to the public... for a decent price...

yes, dji's cust. serv. sucks.
yes, Ken and Ed are NOT cust. service, but are taking leaps and bounds to curb (as best they can) your concers.
yes, there still isnt a ship date
yes, you will eventually get your drone
yes, it might be a few weeks of a wait (longer)
yes, we all want one THAT bad, we piss and moan because of it.

I havent pre-ordered but will be buying through Best Buy, ONCE they recieve them. I will happily pick one up. IF it takes another month, then I can justify a 1000 toy by saying "its a christmas gift!"
2016-10-19
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

Still pending guys still pending
Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 6.35.44 PM.png
2016-10-19
Use props
XDfh2UKILeWX
lvl.1

United States

I'm disappointed also because the Mavic will be my first "real" drone. However, please consider that there is a possibility that the delay has nothing to do with the company or the product itself.

I found this on another online forum:

Mavic Pro Shipping Delay Theory; Hanjin Shipping Out of Business

Alright, I have been digging around and I have a theory. Stay with me here.
This article was posted on March 31, 2016 Title: "Global shipping industry takes a hit from China slowdown"
http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/31/ ... n/index.html?iid=EL
Essentially this article explains how China is having it's weakest economic growth in 25 years and slowing down exports, which is causing shipping businesses to go bankrupt.
The next article is titled: "Global trade slump sinks shipping giant", and explains how the recent decrease in global trade is causing a massive Korean shipping company to go under. It was posted on August 31st.
http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/31/ ... eceivership/?iid=EL
This last article was posted on September 2nd, title: "U.S. retailers warn of shipping crisis as holiday shopping looms"
http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/02/ ... iday-season/?iid=EL
This article talks about the concerns that us retailers have over the recent shipping giant that filed for bankruptcy protection, Hanjin Shipping, and how this will affect stock levels for all products during the holiday season.
So with all this taken into account, it seems more likely than not that DJi would be having some issues shipping their products around the world in a timely manner.
TLR; The shipping industry is dying.

Also, from the FEDEX website:

August 31, 2016
Hanjin Shipping Files for Court Receivership

Today, South Korea’s Hanjin Shipping Co. Ltd filed for court receivership. If the application for receivership is accepted by the District Court in Seoul, it is possible Hanjin Shipping assets could be frozen while the court deliberates next steps.
These developments are having an immediate impact on ocean freight forwarding operations, particularly transpacific shipments inbound to North America. According to published reports, some ports are turning away Hanjin vessels, holding Hanjin freight at the container yard or refusing Hanjin shipments all together. FedEx Trade Networks is aware of the situation and is following the rapidly changing developments closely. We are reviewing contingencies to address the needs of impacted customers on a case-by-case basis and to resolve any concerns.
FedEx Trade Networks will continue to monitor the situation and will provide additional information as it becomes available.
For more information, please contact your local FedEx Trade Networks Transport & Brokerage office. For a complete list of office locations, go to http://www.ftn.fedex.com/us/locations.
2016-10-19
Use props
xarons21
lvl.1

United States

JudgeRoyBean Posted at 2016-10-19 11:40
Just seems like the only production units were to testers and that no actual sales stock were produc ...

It's not a scam... you guys are acting like DJI is a new startup.... they've been around for a few years, and they lead in the drone world... this is a new item to them, and unfortunely their overzelous undercutting of gopro has flopped, and fell into the customers. They arent going to just KEEP everyones money and not give them an item... or the money back.

And for all the ones saying "its a kickstarter" im sure DJI is worth hundreds of millions.
2016-10-19
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

Mine shipped already, just arrived.  Unboxing it now, super pumped to fly
2016-10-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

calvindo Posted at 2016-10-20 00:27
KEN and ED by end of week. Where shall we send you two flowers?

I got a kick out of that one, thanks for making me laugh
2016-10-19
Use props
JQ5Zxf5FzPF0
lvl.1
United States

I am just happy at the moment I am not working in DJI engineering/product management/ sales/ customer service.

This shit happens and I have been there (although never with this hot product) but oh my good I bet there are people who has not slept decent nights sleep in half a year now at DJI.

This moment of release of new product was usually time when I started writing gloomy poems when I was younger.

Mavic is very complicated product and I hope they will get it right before shipping. I certainly hope there is no big brass a-hole who makes "business decision" and start shipping and my Mavik will crash/get lost due know bug on first days.

I am fine for it being late as long as it as good as i hope it to be. I don't need another POS that is not usable.
2016-10-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

banned Posted at 2016-10-20 00:26
I am curious what will take longer: unblock my account or shipping of the mavic :-D

I requested it last night, hopefully they will update it soon.
2016-10-19
Use props
skookumtim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 323589 ft

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-20 00:45

Pics or it didn't happen.
2016-10-19
Use props
aaronspence
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Latest from Jessops UK:

"I can confirm that we are currently expecting the Mavic Quadcopter stock to arrive in November. Due to the high global constraints of stock we are unable to advise when in November."

Finally they are on the same page as the rest of us...
2016-10-19
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

The Mavic is great just had my first test flight and it went perfectly you are all going to love this thing
2016-10-19
Use props
MKSOL
lvl.2

United States

So lets review - according to DJI personnel on this forum

The unexplained delay is NOT because of:
   - Production issues
   - Software issues
   - Patent infringement issues

What we can also surmize, its not because a shipping company has declared banrupcy, that happened in August and the impact, if any could have and should have been considered in advance of the launch event when October 15th as the shipping date was provided.

So where that leaves us - uninformed, many of us shelling out anywhere from 800 to 1300 dollars (us) and no valid or meaningful explaination.

I don't care how innovative or ground breaking your products are - if you continue with these business practices some other company will come along and take your market share in a hot minute.  The old saying in business is Under Promise Over Deliver  - not the other way around.
2016-10-19
Use props
wwwyzard
lvl.2

United States

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-20 00:45

2016-10-19
Use props
wwwyzard
lvl.2

United States

skookumtim Posted at 2016-10-20 00:50

Sorry, didn't refresh else would have seen you beat me to it lol
2016-10-19
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

skookumtim Posted at 2016-10-20 00:50

mavic pro
copyug.jpg
2016-10-19
Use props
tEMnUSKoNqZd
lvl.1

United States

XDfh2UKILeWX Posted at 2016-10-19 09:45
I'm disappointed also because the Mavic will be my first "real" drone. However, please consider that ...

There's nothing to do with shipping. Dji just hasn't produced any unit. It is also delayed in China mainland. Sales agent in China says it's due to production issues.
2016-10-19
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

look at my mavic fly
copyug.jpg
2016-10-19
Use props
wwwyzard
lvl.2

United States

2016-10-19
Use props
XDfh2UKILeWX
lvl.1

United States

tEMnUSKoNqZd Posted at 2016-10-20 00:58
There's nothing to do with shipping. Dji just hasn't produced any unit. It is also delayed in Chin ...

So the guy that posted this is wrong, also?

"So lets review - according to DJI personnel on this forum

- Production issues
   - Software issues
   - Patent infringement issues"

If the DJI representatives here do not have a clear picture for the delay reason, I doubt a Chinese "sales agent" would.  If the company is committed to shipping the orders on a first come, first serve basis (as they have clearly stated that they are), no one would receive their drone until the first person on the pre-order wait list receives theirs... even if the people lower in the list lived in China.
2016-10-19
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144039 ft

If they know what the delay isn't. Surely they know what the delay is! Ha
2016-10-19
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I found Mavics in stock
125Ksyrium_6.jpg
2016-10-19
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144039 ft

edbighi@gmail.c Posted at 2016-10-20 01:07
I found Mavics in stock

Nice wheels those! Beat my cosmics lol
2016-10-19
Use props
XDfh2UKILeWX
lvl.1

United States

MKSOL Posted at 2016-10-20 00:56
So lets review - according to DJI personnel on this forum

The Hanjin shipping company declared bankruptcy on August 31st. The transit time for a shipping container leaving China and arriving on the west coast of the USA is approximately 15 days.

https://www.cntracking.com/trans ... ?container-tracking

If the company intended to have a 15 Oct shipping date for those of us here in the US, it is entirely possible that the Mavics were delayed at the point of origin in China, stuck in a container under court ownership, or being held by the receiving port. The reason makes sense, the timeline makes sense.
Please see the other thread in this forum where the GoPro Karma has also been delayed in shipping, likely for the same reason.

2016-10-19
Use props
kiefdog
lvl.1
United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-19 00:01
I have no other answer than what I have reported.  Yes I work for DJI.  I am the NA Forum Support  ...

Tahoe Ed,
I actually preordered the DJI Mavic Pro and paid the $1299 (which is a lot of money for a 27 year old) thru amazon within an hour of the release so I could get it on time to take it on my vacation to South Lake Tahoe this weekend (oct 21).  What a bummer! I really hope DJI management does something to make its customers satisfied again.  Like a discount on the drone for not receiving it when promised.  I was so excited and I now wish I only ordered the $999 considering the bad customer experience so far.
2016-10-19
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

support4 Posted at 2016-10-19 07:08
I think everyone who is complaining here should file reports with BBB.ORG, when you file with BBB.OR ...

Just as an FYI, the BBB is just a third party company.  They has absolutely no ability to influence anyone.  It's basically like ripoffreport, just older.
2016-10-19
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-19 12:31
We wouldn't be so upset about all of this if the Mavic wasn't such an incredible drone.

DJi, please ...

How do you know this? The old saying goes "if something seems to good to be true it probably is" DJI claims the mavic is the best thing since sliced bread was invented. Maybe after further testing there are some serious hardware issues?
2016-10-19
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

No mavic shipping? Now I'm stuck flying my old inspire 1 pro or my old phantom 4 or my old phantom 3 pro. "Sigh"
2016-10-19
Use props
banned
lvl.2

Sweden

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-19 18:48
I requested it last night, hopefully they will update it soon.

thanks again, was only a Little joke here, hope you don't mind
2016-10-19
Use props
wwwyzard
lvl.2

United States

Lets check the 'facts' we have been given:

Shipping Oct 15th = BS
First Batch Shipping Mid Oct = BS
We've Been Updated Via Email = BS (We've been despicably placated by the Global Director of Obligatory Vagueness)
Production Is In Full Swing = BS (Not a sole form the pre-order crew hath received their sweet fabled air candy, lest they be crammin vijeos in our faces)
So, last but most certainly not least, '1st come 1st serve' is most likely = *ES

*ES =

(No elephants were harmed in the making of this meme, clearly the elephant is fake as it is pictured next to the fabled mavic)
2016-10-19
Use props
banned
lvl.2

Sweden

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-10-19 19:26
No mavic shipping? Now I'm stuck flying my old inspire 1 pro or my old phantom 4 or my old phantom 3 ...

I'll get my P2 out (not Vision or Vision+, just P2)
2016-10-19
Use props
Eldonbkh
lvl.4
United States

Travis199 Posted at 2016-10-19 08:57
Oh let me guess. It's for some P4 rotors or something zzzzzz

nope karllee owns a P3 lol
2016-10-19
Use props
kiefdog
lvl.1
United States

Can they at least tell us a date of when they will have answers?  Today?  Next week?  November?
2016-10-19
Use props
Eldonbkh
lvl.4
United States

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-20 00:31

DJi, please ...

If you want something less badass buy a Karma.
2016-10-19
Use props
stanhersh44
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-19
Use props
TopFPV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Some of the comments made especially about shipping company going bust is abit amusing, we trying to solve some kind of mistery here and will need scooby-doo team, all we doing is guessing.

Even if we get it right as to why it is delayed, who would care? This forum becomes very predictible as same questions get asked over and over, same answears gets given again and again but all rearanged each time.

When we get update when they decide to give it to us... Take it Days or weeks... Worst come to worst during that time is some ppl start canceling their orders and looking of getting through resellere having they get it before dji send it to us.

I was frustrated now kind if colme down as not much to say, kinda got over it and just sit tight and wait. No offence to anyone, i am angry as allot of you but not much can be done,

Wait or cancel 2 options really.
2016-10-19
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

I just got my mavic here it is
2016-10-19
Use props
robble
lvl.2

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-20 00:25
You guys are so funny.  We are doing the best to keep you up to date.  We do not know the reason for ...

Yup, upper management tossing frontli e under the bus.
2016-10-19
Use props
christopher.gil
New

Italy

We all know it's just a drone, right?  

I mean, I preordered one too, I'm excited to get it, I'm out $1200, but it's just a drone.
2016-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules