Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-19
Use props
TopFPV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Some of the comments made especially about shipping company going bust is abit amusing, we trying to solve some kind of mistery here and will need scooby-doo team, all we doing is guessing.

Even if we get it right as to why it is delayed, who would care? This forum becomes very predictible as same questions get asked over and over, same answears gets given again and again but all rearanged each time.

When we get update when they decide to give it to us... Take it Days or weeks... Worst come to worst during that time is some ppl start canceling their orders and looking of getting through resellere having they get it before dji send it to us.

I was frustrated now kind if colme down as not much to say, kinda got over it and just sit tight and wait. No offence to anyone, i am angry as allot of you but not much can be done,

Wait or cancel 2 options really.
2016-10-19
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

I just got my mavic here it is
2016-10-19
Use props
robble
lvl.2

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-20 00:25
You guys are so funny.  We are doing the best to keep you up to date.  We do not know the reason for ...

Yup, upper management tossing frontli e under the bus.
2016-10-19
Use props
christopher.gil
New

Italy

We all know it's just a drone, right?  

I mean, I preordered one too, I'm excited to get it, I'm out $1200, but it's just a drone.
2016-10-19
Use props
T5 Drone
lvl.1

United States

wwwyzard Posted at 2016-10-19 10:27
Lets check the 'facts' we have been given:

Shipping Oct 15th = BS

Love the ES - Thanks for offering us something to smile at on this string!
2016-10-19
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

yHS0eU90xE7Q Posted at 2016-10-19 10:26
Guess we'll miss the fall colors..

The good news is that the Mavic 2 will be announced next September 27th for release on Oct 15th.  

2016-10-19
Use props
Eldonbkh
lvl.4
United States

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-19 09:55
The Mavic is great just had my first test flight and it went perfectly you are all going to love thi ...

Can we ban this troll with, fake post.
2016-10-19
Use props
wwwyzard
lvl.2

United States

watuse Posted at 2016-10-20 01:31
I just got my mavic here it is https://youtu.be/vS9ylldcp04

hahahaha - funny I would have thought passing through the radiation from Fukushima disaster would have made it bigger? Like a Godzilla-Kopter...Speaking of, why has no one came out with a Godzilla-Kopter yet?
2016-10-19
Use props
Eldonbkh
lvl.4
United States

kiefdog Posted at 2016-10-19 10:21
Tahoe Ed,
I actually preordered the DJI Mavic Pro and paid the $1299 (which is a lot of money fo ...

Im 27 and it wasnt that much, plus i paid an extra $99 for DJI Care Refresh.
2016-10-19
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

Eldonbkh@gmail. Posted at 2016-10-20 01:34
Can we ban this troll with, fake post.

I am a troll, but also I am the OP of the Hanjin Shipping posts on Reddit as well as this thread here.    I have given up trying and started trying to distract myself from my lack of mavic
2016-10-19
Use props
kiefdog
lvl.1
United States

Eldonbkh@gmail. Posted at 2016-10-19 10:36
Im 27 and it wasnt that much, plus i paid an extra $99 for DJI Care Refresh.

Well I guess you have a lot of money then.  I don't.
2016-10-19
Use props
Eldonbkh
lvl.4
United States

xarons21 Posted at 2016-10-19 09:45
It's not a scam... you guys are acting like DJI is a new startup.... they've been around for a few ...

FYI DJI has been around for 10 years, not just a few.
2016-10-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-10-20 01:22
How do you know this? The old saying goes "if something seems to good to be true it probably is" D ...

For me, it's the size of the Mavic I like the best as I can take it anywhere instead of having to carry a case with a P4 or Inspire. Plus I cannot believe how much technology is packed into the Mavic.
When you first got your P4, weren't you impressed on the features and build quality compared to the P3, I certainly was. Now comparing the P4 to the Mavic is like that but ten times more impressive to me.

When you hold it in your hand you will see how well it's built and you'll be very impressed. And when you fly it and see how precise and stable it is you'll be very impressed.
I do hope that you all do get to experience the same feeling when yours arrives.

In my opinion, the Mavic is the best thing since sliced bread. And I think tons of others think the same as to why the orders are through the roof.
I don't usually buy DJI aircraft as I get to use them from work, but I love the Mavic so much that I want one for myself and I also preordered and so did a bunch of my friends so were all in the same line as you.

I cannot wait for the posts to start popping up on how incredible the Mavic is. I really do hope that you all get your soon.
2016-10-19
Use props
michaelfranklin
lvl.1

United States

Cheaper and ready to go...
2016-10-19
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the future!  The Mavic is cutting edge technology.  If you want to be a pioneer, you risk getting an arrow in the back.  The Inspire was cutting edge technology.  DJI is providing high quality products as soon as they possibly can, like they always have.  All of their products are delayed, largely because they are brand new.  No molds, new forms, new production runs, new suppliers, new software.  There are so many things that could go wrong in the process.  They provide their best estimate for shipping, and a lot of the time, they miss it.  This is a natural byproduct of dealing with items that are so new (shout out to Tesla!)  What is amazing to me is how many people do the same thing every time there is a delay.  No, there is no conspiracy.  No, DJI did not wait until they sold the product to produce it (just saying this implies so much lack of understanding of the mass production of products it's laughable).  No, they do not owe you a free battery or warranty.  DJI has always produced high quality products and brings them to market as soon as possible.  It blows my mind that there are so many peoples who can afford a Mavic but appear to not understand anything about business.  Why doesn't DJI release what stock they have if there is a shortage (shout out to the iWatch!), because people would still complain.  Why don't they tell you the exact issue they are dealing with that is causing the delay?  People would complain.  There is simply no reasoning with people nowadays.  Now, I may be crazy, but I'm going to assume that DJI, being a business who's sole goal is to make as much profit as possible, is going to do everything they can to safely make that profit (shout out to the Note 7!).  I know I know, it's insane - but it might just work for them.  Knowing that, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they are doing everything in their power to ship the Mavic as soon as possible.  If you can't withstand the waiting, go for a refund and buy something else.  Like I told my ex-wife - if you want to leave and try something different, go for it - no one is stopping you.  The difference here is that the Mavic won't show up at your door a year later asking for forgiveness .  
2016-10-19
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-20 00:45
Mine shipped already, just arrived.  Unboxing it now, super pumped to fly

wow another faker stop telling people you got the drone no one has and especially you....
2016-10-19
Use props
TopFPV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

In UK we pay £1249 which is : $1532 USD
2016-10-19
Use props
Eldonbkh
lvl.4
United States

TopFPV Posted at 2016-10-19 10:42

Thats great!
2016-10-19
Use props
TopFPV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

watuse Posted at 2016-10-19 18:42
wow another faker stop telling people you got the drone no one has and especially you....

Thing is he canceled his order with dji this morning so he doesnt care.
2016-10-19
Use props
TopFPV
lvl.2

Eldonbkh@gmail. Posted at 2016-10-20 01:44
Thats great!

Who was talking to you anyway? Did you see me comment to your post? No i dont think so... Now thats great!
2016-10-19
Use props
NikNokQ
lvl.2

TopFPV Posted at 2016-10-20 01:42

And it's gonna be a lot more! Happy brexit!
2016-10-19
Use props
sgtfury11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 151614 ft

At 2:14 a.m., EDT, on August 29, Skynet gained artificial consciousness. Has taken control of all the Mavics. Just waiting for the T-1000 to show up.
2016-10-19
Use props
xarons21
lvl.1

United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-10-19 12:22
How do you know this? The old saying goes "if something seems to good to be true it probably is" D ...

No, Casey claimed it's the best thing since sliced bread. and he's a pretty solid opinion in my book.
2016-10-19
Use props
T5 Drone
lvl.1

United States

method007 Posted at 2016-10-19 10:42
Welcome to the future!  The Mavic is cutting edge technology.  If you want to be a pioneer, you risk ...

It's not so much that the product is delayed but the way it was sold to the public.  I am a home builder.  If I were to advertise to the public... come out and pre order your new home to be delivered on October 15, 2016 and then it didn't happen after I sold out the product, and I gave no explanation,  I would have everyone of them on my doorstep raising hell.  

Yes, this is just a drone... but if they knew it was a new product and not going to be be ready to ship they could have just said be the first to own one,  pre-order now and we will deliver in the coming months.  By giving a specific date and then missing that date with no explanation shows no respect to their customers.  Honesty goes a long way in customer service.  It is not a life or death situation... just good customer service to be upfront with your customers.
2016-10-19
Use props
pythagoras183
lvl.2

United States

First Mavic spotted in public?

They're out there, guys.
2016-10-19
Use props
wwwyzard
lvl.2

United States

T5 Drone Posted at 2016-10-20 01:34
Love the ES - Thanks for offering us something to smile at on this string!

Yep, trying to keep a smile through all this, while recounting the somber facts.
Least I can do is regale everyone with my piss-poor photoshop skils lol

Like this new godzilla-kopter I pre-ordered?

2016-10-19
Use props
sgtfury11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 151614 ft

And seriously, for all the frustration over lack of information, for me it's been a pleasant diversion from all the election BS. And, it's just a drone. I know some were counting on it to arrive in time for some traveling. But hey, you'll have it for the next trip.
2016-10-19
Use props
xarons21
lvl.1

United States

Eldonbkh@gmail. Posted at 2016-10-19 12:38
FYI DJI has been around for 10 years, not just a few.

Alls you are doing is reiterating my point.
2016-10-19
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

wwwyzard Posted at 2016-10-20 01:35
hahahaha - funny I would have thought passing through the radiation from Fukushima disaster would  ...

I was just joking
hehehehehehe
2016-10-19
Use props
wOJNflZworUa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 664521 ft
United States

So, I was expecting a new bulb for my projector today but instead I got an email from amazon telling me its delayed till December (at least there is some info) and I get the email from DJI telling me nothing at all so am in a pretty crappy mood now.

Something I dont understand, they mention "amazing global demand" but I cant see how that impacts the first come, first serve setup, surely some people have received them or is it a complete global hold ?

This is/was a birthday present for me, I think I`ll give them 3 or 4 days for some kind of real update  and then cancel, I would like one but am not desperate.

Cheers to the Mods for keeping cool and control.
2016-10-19
Use props
davcom1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440981 ft
United Kingdom

What's the charging time on that beast?
2016-10-19
Use props
Tenreth
lvl.2

Hello DJI,
I'd like to ask who is responsible for paying the rates. You've borrowed 1200€ from me on September 29. It's almost one month now and I have to ask for the 100€ (first rate) and the 50€ accrued interest. You can fulfill those requests by fulfilling your promises (shipping) or transferring the money on the account that the money was borrowed from. If you like to pay your whole credit at once, please transfer 1800€ (12 rates at 100€ and 12 times the accrued interest of 50€). Sorry, no discount possible at this moment. Since you like to change your general business terms (like charging the credit card at the date of shipping... ha), i made my terms to fit my liking.

2016-10-19
Use props
davcom1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

method007 Posted at 2016-10-19 18:42
Welcome to the future!  The Mavic is cutting edge technology.  If you want to be a pioneer, you risk ...

Did your ex-wife take all of your paragraphs when you split? (j/k)

I've gone from relaxed to annoyed and am now relaxed again! I wonder if DJI does plan to do a mass shipment to those in the "1st batch" rather than bits and pieces. Might be waiting for boxes or QC.
2016-10-19
Use props
TopFPV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

davcom1 Posted at 2016-10-19 19:18
Did your ex-wife take all of your paragraphs when you split? (j/k)

I've gone from relaxed to anno ...

Id be happy to hear if they waiting for boxes lol, i hope brown ones and some bubble wrap, maybe you have a point there... Their mass production as they say in such a full swing they run out of packaging hence reason for unable to ship.
2016-10-19
Use props
johnfaberaviles
lvl.1

I'm upset. DJI products are excellent but this is not fair to your customers. I think they lied to the date of shipment.

I sold my phantom 4 because I believed DJI. now I have no drone for my project end of October.

I think it's unethical.

2016-10-19
Use props
T5 Drone
lvl.1

United States

I thought buying the Mavic would give me something to do while I wait for my 2017 Ford GT to be built... but I am unfortunately in the same type of holding pattern with no word on when mine will be built... but they at least told us it will be a while.
2016-10-19
Use props
wwwyzard
lvl.2

United States

wOJNflZworUa Posted at 2016-10-20 02:09
So, I was expecting a new bulb for my projector today but instead I got an email from amazon telling ...

Exactly !!!!

1st come 1st serve would mean shipping out as they are made.
Amazing global demand would still mean orders are being fulfilled.

Seriously, @Ken @Ed @DJI, why would amazing global demand impede order fulfillment for those that pre-ordered at the beginning of the line? "Production is in full swing"

It's not like you need to wait for a certain amount to stack on a pallet before you can shrink it them to be sent off. From the sounds of it, there are thousands+ pre-orders, so why has nothing been shipped at all yet?

#Im_not_mad
#I_know_its_just_a_drone
#I_can_wait_patiently_if_I_were_properly_informed
#I_used_to_have_$1500
#Godzilla-Kopter-Pro_is_just_as_real_as_mavic_currently
2016-10-19
Use props
davcom1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Two points, both worth very little but hey, what the hell!?

1. There's some kind of DJI reward scheme for posting on the forum so in some ways we are being compensated although perhaps not in life changing amounts!

2. I propose a new forum competition... thanks to all of the theories behind the missed 15th launch, the first person to guess the REAL reason should have their Mavic order gifted to them! (DJI production/management can monitor the thread for the correct key phrase)

2016-10-19
Use props
yHS0eU90xE7Q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2313 ft
United States

Now that I know it's not coming when I was hoping, I'm just reserved to the fact that I'll get it eventually. I only hope that I get it in a comparable time and hopefully people won't be able to buy it off the street much before I get mine. At least it's bought and paid for...  a few extra credit dollars would be nice for those who had to wait an extraordinarily long time...
2016-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules