[Official] Mavic shipping issues
142433 1488 2016-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ultraflight77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 881598 ft
United States

How do figure that? They posted a picture with the October 15th shipping date.How is that trolling??? There making a point. Or maybe you don't see that???
2016-10-18
Use props
pdbim25eeT7h
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

I just don't trust them or anything they say now.. and they have my money.

My trust is gone
2016-10-18
Use props
CaptumLux
lvl.2

United States

I'm seriously beginning to wonder if the reason why they haven't released an actual ship date is because the ship date is so far out that everyone would jump ship quicker than you can say drone. LOL by this time next year I will be flying my shiny new quad that I paid for a year prior haha.
2016-10-18
Use props
5W1qoIwaf3En
lvl.2
Flight distance : 272953 ft
Canada

Did DJI specify the release date Oct 15 whether it was Oct 15 2016 or Oct 15 2017?
2016-10-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ultraflight77 Posted at 2016-10-18 22:26
How do figure that? They posted a picture with the October 15th shipping date.How is that trolling ...

Things aren't always  what they seem, his comments have already been banned on this thread.
2016-10-18
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144039 ft

It is worrying. If it was only a couple of days of even a week delayed. Surely it would make more sense to just say that. The only reason they would be so vague is because it's actually a lot worse? Or am I over thinking it?
2016-10-18
Use props
3dflight
lvl.2

United States

CaptumLux Posted at 2016-10-18 17:29
I'm seriously beginning to wonder if the reason why they haven't released an actual ship date is bec ...

I think it's more likely because they don't have control over the factor that is causing the delay and ergo have no idea when the issue will be resolved.  So while people claim "somebody at DJI has to know", maybe they actually don't.
2016-10-18
Use props
boldblue737
lvl.2
Flight distance : 418337 ft
  • >>>

bottom line is this... if i have to wait, fine. if there is a delay fine. but DJI needs to communicate!

1. DJI is unusual in that they charge your credit card in full just to hold your place in line, not only when they ship. i paid $1300 already to DJI on September 27th for my Mavic and today the shipping date that I was promised has been changed to "someday" essentially since they gave zero guidance on when these will actually ship. give me an honest answer as to when I am likely to get my Mavic so I can determine if I want $1300 out of my pocket with no product until then.

2. For many winter is coming rapidly and many of us fly drones in very limited fashion during those months. I am going on a caribbean vacation in early November and I planned on bringing the Mavic with. If there is a delay so be it but if I'm only going to get the drone in late November (or later?) then I honestly might consider waiting until spring since my new Mavic would likely be collecting dust in the winter vs. getting a later production model with more bugs worked out and a longer warranty (during peak flying).

Again, I want to reiterate that I totally understand that production issues and shipping delays do happen and I far prefer a better product even if it arrives later. I just don't feel DJI is doing the right thing holding on to customer money with no set date for shipment of product at this point.
2016-10-18
Use props
MKSOL
lvl.2

United States

I too am just about ready to cancel and think Thursday or Friday is my date of no return.  I did my preorder to bring this with me a multi-week trip to South America and with each passing day that seems less likely now.

Plain and simple, if I believed I was being treated fairly, provided truthful (or any) information I might feel quite different.  But updates that say nothing, deleting customer discussions and avoidance erode trust.  To be clear, I want my drone to be manufactured correctly, and any early production bugs worked out.  I am willing to wait for it if that is the problem - but given the events that have occurred it seems more likely every day the announcement had more to do with competitors then ability to deliver.

Friday is cancel day for sure - maybe Thursday - and that credit card bill that arrived today with the full charge added to the insult.

2016-10-18
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I like the way the do a presentation like Apple does when they announce a new product, DJI, you got a long way to go.
2016-10-18
Use props
glowingsplint
lvl.3
Flight distance : 832641 ft
United Kingdom

boldblue737 Posted at 2016-10-18 22:37
bottom line is this... if i have to wait, fine. if there is a delay fine. but DJI needs to communica ...

I just sent them an email to cancel my order,  they have had my money for 21days and there is no concrete date to when they are ready.  The money is better in our banks to buy something when it's ready
2016-10-18
Use props
davcom1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440981 ft
United Kingdom

Exib Posted at 2016-10-18 22:11
Adam the problem is there was nothing from DJI until today when you posted your statement , other th ...

100% agree - "It's good to talk".

I always drill that into our staff - keep the customer regularly updated. If you are honest and up front, customers will accept that issues may happen. In fact, many of our best online reviews are from orders that initially went a bit pear-shaped but which we resolved and kept customers fully in the loop.

I've been a little critical of the impatience on display in these threads but on reflection, DJI is doing itself no favours. I get DJI Ken is here to try and answer technical questions but surely there should be more DJI staff on this forum, providing better information?

DJI should be building a community here. One that allows their customers to connect. Instead we have a beleaguered Ken now adopting the copy/paste method like the live support... and their Global Director of Communications (really?) sends out an update to all of us, telling us nothing at all!

I'm seriously considering pulling the plug on my DJI/Paypal order this Friday too. And to think, all they have to do is give us something concrete.

2016-10-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Again, I'm truly sorry for the shipping delay. They will be shipping as soon as they can. Really the only thing you are able to do about it is to cancel your order and get a refund if you are really that unhappy.
I can tell you that for the technology and the price, you will not be able to find a better product.
There's nothing more any of us can say, when there's a shipping update they will email all that have ordered.
Again, I truly am sorry and wish that these pages of this thread was "Wow, I can't believe how awesome this Mavic is" But please give it time and this forum will be littered with posts of that.
2016-10-18
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

CaptumLux Posted at 2016-10-18 17:29
I'm seriously beginning to wonder if the reason why they haven't released an actual ship date is bec ...

I've been right 95% of the time with my DJI prediction and I say shipping won't start till November 20th 2016
2016-10-18
Use props
info7438
lvl.1

Canada

Problem is they are converting new customer, people who believe in their products and guess what? But it is we who are treated like shit. We should be considered as VIP's, not ignorant people.
2016-10-18
Use props
darwinindahouse
lvl.1
Spain

very sad the situation , this people is not clear at all....please give us real information we need it.
2016-10-18
Use props
sbug206
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517848 ft
Canada

I was very hesitant about buying this drone as DJI has a very poor reputation for customer service. It's not like they're a new company with limited resources. This isn't their first time at the rodeo as they say. We keep bending over and taking it because they have no competition. None of the competitors are even close. The Karma isn't even in the same league. The folding of the Karma's props does hardly anything to reduce it's bulk and portability. Throw in a proprietary controller with limited range and it's a no bringer unless you really need the removable gimbal. Yuneec is even worse. My dealer said they don't even want to carry Yuneec any more because it took them months to get parts. At the end of the day DJI is still the lesser of the evils. Unless Samsung or Apple want to get into the drone game, DJI is just going to keep abusing customers. All of you posturing about canceling, what are you going to switch to??
2016-10-18
Use props
ultraflight77
lvl.3
United States

I just wonder how many from the Gopro side are looking at this forum and saying... Karma.  Lmfao
2016-10-18
Use props
SHJMw4xhOqc8
lvl.2

Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-19 05:43
Again, I'm truly sorry for the shipping delay. They will be shipping as soon as they can. Really the ...

Well to be honest Ken right now you can't even get the Mavic so you can't really say that.

I understand the unprecedented demand but surely DJI had some Mavics to ship on the 15th regardless of how many orders you have? Or was this a lie?
2016-10-18
Use props
Airwater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1517057 ft
United Kingdom

The more I read that comms the more I hear "We notice that you noticed the Mavic ship date came and went and you want to hear from us what is going on. So hiiiiiiiii, it's us".
2016-10-18
Use props
info7438
lvl.1

Canada

Again, I'm truly sorry for the shipping delay. They will be shipping as soon as they can. Really the only thing you are able to do about it is to cancel your order and get a refund if you are really that unhappy.
I can tell you that for the technology and the price, you will not be able to find a better product.
There's nothing more any of us can say, when there's a shipping update they will email all that have ordered.
Again, I truly am sorry and wish that these pages of this thread was "Wow, I can't believe how awesome this Mavic is" But please give it time and this forum will be littered with posts of that.

Ken, you are right. And I am pretty sure we will buy it once it will be release in a couple of months. In the meantime, we'll keep our money for concrete stuff. People are working for that money no matter if it is 200$ or 1300$, no matter if it is the 'best technology available for that price'. The bill is coming in a few days for everyone with nothing on hands....and worst...no idea what the funk is going on.
2016-10-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ultraflight77 Posted at 2016-10-18 22:26
How do figure that? They posted a picture with the October 15th shipping date.How is that trolling ...

Think you got something wrong, my troll comment wasn't about the guy who posted picture, check it again.
2016-10-18
Use props
tgs3838
lvl.3
Flight distance : 213957 ft
United States

Its nice they finally provided some sort of update. Sadly the update kinda told us what we already know. If it was only a week or 2 delay it seems like they would have just told us that in the email. So im kinda worried that it might be a pretty decent delay. I agree with one of the previous posters. They should throw in a free battery. Or maybe give us a nice discount on accessories if this wait it more than a couple weeks. But i wont hold my breath.
2016-10-18
Use props
mstefano
New

Spain

HI, I write from Italy and I want to know what I have to do to have my money back.  I paid using paypal and I'd like to know if someone knows hot to block my payment or what I have to do to have my money

thanks
2016-10-18
Use props
mstefano
New

Spain

really  UPSET: this is a big SOLA as we said
2016-10-18
Use props
info7438
lvl.1

Canada

HI, I write from Italy and I want to know what I have to do to have my money back.  I paid using paypal and I'd like to know if someone knows hot to block my payment or what I have to do to have my money

You can cancel directly from your DJI account. 1-2 business days for paypal payment and 5 to 7 days for credit card payment.
2016-10-18
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

Again, I'm truly sorry for the shipping delay. They will be shipping as soon as they can. Really the ...

Ken all I can say is that you have been great in regards to peoples questions.  The problem is, no one at DJI is providing any concrete information and that is the problem.  By not providing concrete information DJI is lying to the customer and after charging people for a non-existent product, that is technically stealing.  DJI has failed in its fiduciary duty to the customer.  As a first time buyer of a DJI product I feel like cancelling my order.  It is very sad that a company of this stature is not able to provide proper information to it's customers.  Telling us you know we are waiting is a line of BS and is not acceptable.  Ken or anyone at DJI, I would really recommend that you go to your manager, or someone higher up and find some concrete answers, because this is F'n ridiculous.  I can understand delays and such as they happen.  But being lead around the garden with a carrot dangling in front of my nose is stupid.  This reminds me of the VW Emissions scandal all over.
2016-10-18
Use props
user44b64e5e25
lvl.2

Thank you for your concrete reply ... NOT...
We want to know WHY the shipping is delayed and WHEN we can expect to receive our Mavic. STOP BEING EVASIVE. GET TO THE POINT. This "as soon as they can" b/s is starting to drive me furious. We would gladly fill the forums on "how great the mavic is" if we could get our hands on one.
2016-10-18
Use props
glowingsplint
lvl.3
Flight distance : 832641 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-18 22:43

I bet it is amazing a cannot wait to fly it, the problem isn't the mavic it's the lack of info before the 15th.  

All DJI need to do now is engineer some customer service, not that the wider public really care or will hear of any delay.  It's just annoying when it's us early adopters that make aware our friends and family of DJI stuff and make videos on YouTube are left with more questions than answers.

Am definitely reordering with Apple in the uk, really looking forward to flying what looks big leaps forward for its form factor.  
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

info7438 Posted at 2016-10-19 05:52
Ken, you are right. And I am pretty sure we will buy it once it will be release in a couple of mon ...

That's totally understandable and your are fully entitled to cancel and get a refund.
Again, I can't say it enough that they were totally overwhelmed with the amount of pre-orders.
But I can tell you that even though you may have to wait a little longer, it's so worth the wait.
And I would not say that if I didn't know first hand.
The Mavic is truly such an incredible aircraft and just holding it is impressive.
So please try to be patient as I can assure you it's everything it's hyped up to be.
If you have to cancel, then by all means cancel your order and wait until it's in stores.
I still think pre-orders will arrive before you can get them in store just like when the other products came out.
But the decision to keep your order or cancel is totally up to you.

2016-10-18
Use props
j9XxHsDWXENJ
lvl.1

Spain

when? why? dji shouldn't lie their users...  we aren't sheeps
2016-10-18
Use props
ultraflight77
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-18 17:52
Think you got something wrong, my troll comment wasn't about the guy who posted picture, check it  ...

My bad... I see nothing wrong with stanhersh44 post. So how does that post make him a troll? You we're the guy that wanted Don Cornelius aka Ron Jeromey banned. The funny thing is everything he posted about shipping delays is coming true. Correct me if I'm wrong.
2016-10-18
Use props
0MZh8Q4PjfFN
lvl.1

United States

I just talked to my friend at GoPro corporate. They may be doing some sort of special to entice people to purchase their new drone and ditch the Mavic. I confirmed with him that the Karma will be IN STORES THIS SUNDAY! If you can't wait for Mavic it sounds like they will for sure deliver on time - in just 5 days.
2016-10-18
Use props
user44b64e5e25
lvl.2

0MZh8Q4PjfFN Posted at 2016-10-19 06:05
I just talked to my friend at GoPro corporate. They may be doing some sort of special to entice peop ...

The problem is Mavic is the better product and DJI know this for sure
2016-10-18
Use props
jason_weston
lvl.2
Flight distance : 234948 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you want to send DJI a message, cancel your order and if you want it still buy when they have stock at your local store. Saves waiting for replies from DJI on shipping dates. As i have said before this was all a exercise to steal Karma's thunder, they had nothing ready and if they had units they would ship them. It makes no sense for a company to hold onto units until they have enough for pre-orders, they should be shipping as they are being completed.

DJI were laughing after the announcement now they have egg on there faces. If no firm date is announced by end of the week i'm cancelling my order and getting a Karma, i'll think about a mavic ealry next year perhaps.
2016-10-18
Use props
JDCeder982
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128488 ft
United States

A little bit of transparency goes a long way.  If there was an issue with the quality of a component, or an issue with a piece of hardware, I just wish that an explanation was given.  I'd rather have something that had an issue that was remedied rather than an issue like the Note.
2016-10-18
Use props
HjM4qzGDMUeQ
lvl.2

United States

2016-10-18
Use props
DJI-Pooper
lvl.1

United States

ultraflight77 Posted at 2016-10-18 17:03
My bad... I see nothing wrong with stanhersh44 post. So how does that post make him a troll? You w ...

#freedoncornelius
2016-10-18
Use props
HjM4qzGDMUeQ
lvl.2

United States

Guys, is there a defect in Mavic hardware ?
2016-10-18
Use props
ultraflight77
lvl.3
United States

Haha.  His comments we're true... like it or not...
2016-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules