Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Draxel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 402247 ft
  • >>>
Norway

dOVn8STcgtRQ Posted at 2016-10-23 11:26
There was no GPS lock at all when he took off. The drone went of the balcony and automatically disnt ...

Why wouldn't it know its altitude?
I'm quite certain the DJI drones uses a barometer to determine altitude, not GPS.
This is why the drones keeps their altitude perfectly even in ATTI or without GPS.
2016-10-23
Use props
htclunde
New

Norway

Look at page 58
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+V1.0.pdf

2016-10-23
Use props
JudgeRoyBean
lvl.2

None of this sounds very reassuring to me as I was planning on using the Mavic in the mountains, cliffs and canyons of the Rockies.....  Wondering if I should have held off for another year till DJI worked the kinks out of this drone???
2016-10-23
Use props
KLRico
lvl.2
Flight distance : 428448 ft
United States

I know it's already been requested, but I'd like to stress that it should be considered a very high priority.

Not having a way to force attitude mode is like getting on an airliner that doesn't have a way to turn off autopilot. Even if the autopilot can decide that there's a problem and the human pilot should regain control, not having the ability to take over when the computer doesn't even know it's messing up is really not acceptable.

Also, quite a few of us have many years of RC experience and know how to handle a craft in ATTI, but an absolute beginner (which there are going to be more than a few) will have no idea what to do and will never had a chance to practice it.
2016-10-23
Use props
singgih.a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3583675 ft
Indonesia

just read the whole 5 pages of this thread, remindn me to the "stealth" movie. . .
so, mavic has no manual atti mode? but it has auto atti mode instead which only can be activated if it took off with GPS?

so, i don't understand what will happen if we fly indoors inside the tall building with no gps supposed like a mall with many floors. . .
2016-10-27
Use props
giusis00
lvl.2

Italy

Lack of manual switch and let the software deciding when switching leads to a whole range of issues... there's only few mavs around, but when it will heat the mass market I already see many customers crashing because of this (and we had already some crash that could be avoided with a ATTI mode IMO). DJI should consider to release a patch as top priority.
2016-10-27
Use props
eBoosted
lvl.1
Peru

giusis00 Posted at 2016-10-27 16:01
Lack of manual switch and let the software deciding when switching leads to a whole range of issues. ...

A lot of Mavics, from the very few orders delivered this week, crashed already and some of them were saved by fortune, jut check on DJI forum and Reddit examples.

All you experienced pilots can blame the crashes to user error, but the thruth is there are bugs and glitches in the current firmware, the decisions DJI engineers are taking were wrong (rely on VPS instead of giving ATTI control) is crazy and a bad move from DJI, this definitely needs to be fixed in future firmware updates.

If you are in begginer mode then do not alow the drone to take off until an acceptable of GPS are locked.

I want to start a fly from a higher altitude sometime, like from a mountain, don't tell me it'll be user error and my fault if the drone flys away.

2016-10-28
Use props
Maverikster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24672 ft
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-19 18:55
It's been requested to have manual ATTI mode.

Hope this gets top priority for a new software release, the ability to simply switch to full manual ATTI whenever the user wants.

As a pilot/driver/controller, you should always have the ability to manually override system decisions.
2016-10-28
Use props
s.judge
lvl.2

New Zealand

yes, now we know what happened to casey neistats mavic, exactly the same symptoms, was flying fine then dropped out of the sky into the water or on a boat ?
He is a very experienced drone pilot and was in a open space over the water.
Switching to manual mode as a failsafe should be top priority or there will be a lot of broken drones out there once everyone gets theirs.

It does say in the manual on page 13 :
that you have to set a suitable failsafe altitude before each flight.
and that if the aircraft has switched to failsafe mode to push the RTH button once do regain control ??
Does this work ?
2016-10-28
Use props
eBoosted
lvl.1
Peru

s.judge Posted at 2016-10-28 12:49
yes, now we know what happened to casey neistats mavic, exactly the same symptoms, was flying fine t ...

Has this issue been addressed already?
2016-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules