Does Mavic record audio?
64572 46 2016-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

You have to set the phone to record in GO4.
The sound recorded will only be through the phone mic and will only be sounds where the phone is. As the drone flies further away, the motor sound gets fainter and ambient sound becomes audible.
A quick and dirty way to extract the sound is:
Load in the cashe file with the sound. Delete only the cashe video, leaving the sound.
Drag in the video from the sd card and if you retained the correct order of clips, the sound will be synced to video.
2019-3-30
Use props
the.ronin
lvl.2
United States

DJI LA Support Posted at 2016-10-18 12:35
No it doesn't. If it did all you'd hear is the propellers and wind rushing by.

Many of us also mount the Mavic onto handheld stabilizers where audio would be a great addition.

(The cheapest Bangood FPV cam records audio.)
2019-4-27
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Zeenvor33 Posted at 2017-5-16 19:25
Ok so the Mavic Pro does in fact record audio from some onboard microphone.  However, I can only confirm this when I play back the cached video on my Samsung S7 edge.  If I download the video from the Mavic's SD card and play it on my laptop, there isn't any sound.  I've also noticed that it will record me talking if I'm just flying around like normal.  I will try different intelligent flight modes to see if it makes a difference.

No, the drone has no microphone and has no way of hearing sound.
Just think about it for a moment, how and why would anyone want the closeup  sound of a drone?
The android phone will record sound as mentioned on this thread. It only records the sound you can here where the phone happens to be. If the drone is taking off or near you, you will only hear it, because it is so loud. As it flies away, the drone sound becomes less and you will eventually hear the sounds of your immediate environment. If you speak, that will be recorded.
To get that sound track from phone to your clip, import the phone cash video and sound, delete only the video, because it will be poor quality and then import the clip you want. You will have to synchronise the sound with the video by editing, because all the sound on the phone will be one long track.
If you think you can do a commentary while juggling the drone, then you are awesome. Most people can't speak properly, or make comments that are worth listening to, face to face, without lots of umms, pauses, poor presentation etc. It is a great way to record the thoughts, though, for a proper commentary during voiceover editing.
2019-5-23
Use props
Bella Gorden
lvl.2

China

AlansDronePics Posted at 3-30 22:47
You have to set the phone to record in GO4.
The sound recorded will only be through the phone mic and will only be sounds where the phone is. As the drone flies further away, the motor sound gets fainter and ambient sound becomes audible.
A quick and dirty way to extract the sound is:

Maybe you could try to use Audio Capture from TunesKit. It is more professional and wonderful. It can capture any audio playing on the computer and save the recorded tracks in MP3, WAV, AAC, FLAC, etc. formats with original audio quality and ID tags preserved for playing on any device.
2019-11-21
Use props
Drewsamm
lvl.2

China

As I recall, DJI's drones cannot record sound. So I usually Joyoshare Screen Recorder (https://www.joyoshare.com/screen-recorder-for-mac/) to capture external sound.
2020-11-10
Use props
djiuser_yuiYrHQeiFbE
New

United States

SR-71Habu Posted at 2017-2-18 23:56
Totally doable. It should be included as part of Video caching on to the device. When you turn video caching on there should be a switch "record audio via device". And they just add another tab to the UI in the Editor section of Go for Audio.

Then, just like with vids/photos, just save the file to your device and get it over to your editing machine. That'd be the easy way.

Great information! Thank you!
2021-4-16
Use props
stuartorozco
New

United States

Under general setting in DJI 4 app there is a “record audio with video cache” turn that on and I think maybe your phone will record audio. I know I’ve had it working before and I just found this setting in the app. I’ll have to test it out but pretty sure that’s the way to do it.
2021-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules