Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Pixilation in Samsung Tab A
1028 5 2016-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wor_nh
lvl.1

United States

Hi,

I just got my Phantom 3 Professional and flew it yesterday with no issues whatsoever.

Today, it told me that I need to update the firmware in the controller which I did.  I went out to fly in the same spot as yesterday and all went well for awhile.  Then I started to get electromagnetic interference and I had a small crash with no damage.  During that flight and subsquent flights, the picture on my Samsung Tab A (new yesterday) started to pixilate.  I did not have this problem yesterday.  I looked at the video I shot and it was just fine.  However, even in my living room the picture with the drone not moving is pixilated.

Could this be due to the firmware upgrade of the controller or do I have something else going on.  I have a LOT to learn!

Thank you!
2016-10-18
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft

I use the Tab A 8" (without any added apps other than drone-related) with no problems. I have not done the latest upgrades (especially with all the problems that are being posted). I did add Facebook at first but it seemed to cause a problem with the Go app performance so I took it off as I only bought it to fly with.
2016-10-18
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha wor_nh,

There is an update for the DJI GO app to 3.0.0, the Remote Controller to 1.8.0 and the P3P Aircraft already has 1.8.80.  If you research DJI firmware updates and upgrades the basic process is upgrade the DJI GO app first.  Next only turn on the Samsung Tab A and the Remote Controller.  Make sure you have a good WiFi and Internet connection.  Do not turn on the Phantom.  The DJI GO app will tell you to update the RC.  Be sure to tap the download symbol at the end of the progress bar.  Wait for the download to finish and then install the download.  When you are done turn everything off.

You are concerned about the pixelation involved in this upgrade.  If you turn everything off for ten minutes or over night, when you turn it back on again, the pixelation will be gone, at least the major pixelation I was experiencing was gone when I turned it back on.  I did the full upgrade today, but I was using a nVidia Shield K1 device (Android), a P3P remote controller and a P4 aircraft.  I had full window pixelation, usually more than 80% coverage in green screen.  Last time I turned it on, it was perfect.  So, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, you just got to trust the locomotive to get you there!

Finally, if you had to, you would download the aircraft firmware, but there is no update available for the P3P.  But, if you did, you would extract the .bin file out of the zip download at the "Downloads" page of the DJI web site.  In your Windows File Explorer program (or whatever Apple has), you would copy that extracted .bin file to the root directory of your micro SD card you use to record video with your P3P.  The root directory is the first level labeled by the Drive letter.  If you go to a lower directory, the .bin file will not work.  

You would have the Phantom off when you inserted the micro SD card and then you turned the Phantom on.  The small LED lights above the camera will blink red and green as the Phantom beeps a special code.  When the beep changes to a different code and the LED camera light is solid green, the FW upgrade is done.

This description is a full system upgrade and that does not always happen.  The P3P is not doing one this time but the P4 is doing a full system upgrade and the P4 uses the laptop or desktop computer based DJI Assistant 2 to do part of the job.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-10-18
Use props
wor_nh
lvl.1

United States

I tried again this morning and I still had severe pixilation.  Sometimes it was so bad that I could see nothing on the screen.  I decided to try my IPhone today and it seemed perfect.

So I would conclude that the Samsung Tab A will not work with the Phantom 3 except it worked perfectly for one flight before the RC upgrade.  I just bought the tablet at Costco so I can return it but I don't want to spend a lot on a tablet!
2016-10-19
Use props
djordan2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

I wouldn't condemn the Tab A so quickly.  I have been using the Tab A on my Pro for months.  I do occasionally get some pixels on the video as I am flying.  But never on the SD card.  Also, the Over Exposure warning will give you some funky pixel looking patches, but you can turn that off.
2016-10-19
Use props
wor_nh
lvl.1

United States

djordan2 Posted at 2016-10-20 03:41
I wouldn't condemn the Tab A so quickly.  I have been using the Tab A on my Pro for months.  I do oc ...

Have you upgraded the firmware in all the devices?  I'll admit I'm new at this, but my first flight went fine.  The next day the Go software told me to update my RC which I did.  That is when the problems started.  It is so bad at times that the complete screen is gone.  I tried a new cable just a few minutes ago and thought that solved the problem, but during the flight, it just started getting worse and worse.

Any secrets?
2016-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules