Found How to get SAT COUNT
1236 4 2015-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Bought a nice 7" rechargeable monitor with HDMI in and out set it up on a tripod plugged in the TX to the monitor in and to my surprise after toggling OSD & Dual Mode on the TX  thru the monitor feed I get an accurate sat count so this investment may have paid off two fold.
So accurate when I move the copter the count would vary instantaneously.
Was able to get a GPS lock indoors in the Kitchen showed 9 sats.
Pic on tripod show Atti mode 7 sats & moving just a foot it pulled in more sats live data.

So the OSD shows sats ....

Now to get the Fat shark goggles hooked up to the monitor HDMI out. I cant get them working for all I try it should be as easy as plugging in to the HDMI mini and the TX.

Hope this helps others till new firmware  makes this data visible thru the android app.

2015-2-2
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

Thanks for showing this Mike.  I hope @david.spencer.b  sees this.  That has also been what I see with HDMI out and the OSD through FPV.   I often get a very high number while in the open in my area.  Still have not tested the receiver against a GPS device that shows location but I like the numbers.
2015-2-3
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12372 ft
United States

So, the only way to see the count is if you have a monitor connected through the HDMI?
2015-2-3
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

AegisFC Posted at 2015-2-4 03:21
So, the only way to see the count is if you have a monitor connected through the HDMI?

Aegis,

Someone on this forum said that the count used to be in the Pilot App.  It is not found in mine.
2015-2-3
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

daninperth Posted at 2015-2-4 00:38
Thanks for showing this Mike.  I hope @david.spencer.b  sees this.  That has also been what I see wi ...

Your very welcome Dan! I more than agree the numbers are quite reassuring.
2015-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules