12Next >
8231 74 2015-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Fixed: Yaw was 180 degrees off: DJI changed the relative bearing reading for yaw and as such the display was 180 degrees off.  

Fixed: a number of error reporting surfaces where not correct usually never seen.

Change: Format SD card, Reset Camera Settings, live resolution and select Camera Mode now close the camera menu as these commands tend to be used stand-alone and not along with other operations.

New: One-click HDR
This camera mode takes a series of three photos with bracketed exposure values with just one camera click.
The camera will take one shot at the current exposure setting, one stop underexposed by 1 offset value,
and shot overexposed by 1 offset value.

New: Advanced setting: InterPhoto time (ms) between HDR frames.  Defaults to 1000ms (1 second).

Fixed: Camera mode was not always initialized to show current setting

Fixed: Camera icon was not always set correctly

Fixed: Save new camera mode as global setting UI was being shown even though camera mode is not saved in Phantom

Fixed: Some settings not being saved.

Fixed: On small screens, when selecting full screen live image the information icons where overtop one another.
2015-2-2
Use props
Friffy1
lvl.2

United States

You're amazing for taking this on.  I'm really very surprised DJI isn't providing these features.
Add me to the "will buy" list when you get those future functions working.

Also, if you want to add one more thing...  Option to disable display timeout.  I don't know why DJI didn't do that either.

Anyway, keep up the good work!
2015-2-3
Use props
MilspecJSC
lvl.2

United States

Please consider porting to IOS.
2015-2-3
Use props
jacobmervine
lvl.2

United States

I will be buying, I have been messing with this app ever since he offered as a download, its beast and awesome fast updates! Thank you for all your hard work, I know how these apps can be to fix.

2015-2-3
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

MilspecJSC Posted at 2015-2-3 22:45
Please consider porting to IOS.

milspec, see thread here regarding iOS support...

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... p;tid=6635#lastpost
2015-2-3
Use props
MilspecJSC
lvl.2

United States

Thanks Gnixon2015. I had read his thread and completely understand his point. I was just voicing my wish for an IOS implementation. I want the best for my baby.
2015-2-3
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

i hear ya man, just making sure you didnt miss the info and he didnt have to repost.  im all for getting it but i think i am going to break down and get an android tablet... the app certainly is 'the best' if you ask me and i havent even used it yet....
2015-2-3
Use props
Friffy1
lvl.2

United States

Not sure if you've seen this:  Unofficial Vision App
There may be some ideas to borrow or some collaboration rather than doubling each other's efforts.  It looks like he's licked the screen timeout issue.  And it appears he's working on something similar to your POI in that he's working on "camera direction control."

Anyway...  Thought you might want to take a look if you haven't already.
2015-2-3
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Friffy1 Posted at 2015-2-4 00:33
Not sure if you've seen this:  Unofficial Vision App
There may be some ideas to borrow or some colla ...

Apparently I was taken by some as being overly offensive and I don't want to come off as that way so I've removed my original comments.

Sorry if anyone took offence to my statements.
2015-2-3
Use props
Friffy1
lvl.2

United States

kenargo Posted at 2015-2-4 01:24
The unofficial app is NOT his own work.  The person in this case decompiled the official DJI app a ...

I gathered that.  My point is that he's obviously got at least SOME understanding of what you're working towards and that it might save you effort to collaborate.
2015-2-3
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Apparently I was taken by some as being overly offensive and I don't want to come off as that way so I've removed my original comments.

2015-2-3
Use props
armin.reiss.cad
lvl.1

Germany

Awsome awsome awsome.... i hope a version with camera orientation control  will be available in near future that is what i and i think many others waiting for. I cant find the app in the playstore. Gues many peoples will pay for this to help keep on working on this
2015-2-3
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

For now: http://www.kenargo.com/AndroidApps/UltimateFlight

It is moving today/tomorrow into the app store
2015-2-3
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

This Google Group was created to give access to beta downloads which are moving to the Play Store.  Joining the group gives you access to pre-releases.  Within the next few days I will be removing the downloads from the website and using the store as the release vehicle for all future releases, betas included.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/dji-ultimate-flight
2015-2-3
Use props
Friffy1
lvl.2

United States

kenargo Posted at 2015-2-4 03:31
I'm not so sure but I'm fairly certain that by now that DJI (legal) knows about his app and I don' ...

The app isn't pirated.  It's freely distributed.  He's simply modified it.  I've never heard of modification like that being illegal.  Like modifying a controller to boost range.

But, sure. I understand.  I just don't want to see you waste your time if you can make headway with somebody else.  I haven't read the dev agreement so I have no clue if they'll allow you to decompile in order to build on established works.

Really just wanting to save you time and effort.  But seems like you're groovin' away at a rather fast pace as it is!
2015-2-3
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2015-2-3
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Store beta download URL (should be online within a few hours):

https://play.google.com/apps/tes ... o.djiultimateflight
2015-2-3
Use props
Friffy1
lvl.2

United States

kenargo Posted at 2015-2-4 14:39
What do you think pirated software is?

It is illegal to take another persons work (in this case DJI ...

Sure thing!  Like I said, you're absolutely amazing for taking this on!

Not trying to get into anything here.  But part of my job is being a software developer.  Software piracy is generally defined in the United States as unauthorized copying of software.  In this case he is authorized to copy it.  There is nothing illegal about decompiling or altering software unless you've otherwise agreed not to or are altering the software to perform illegal acts.

Maybe one of these will help you understand:
Webopedia definition
WhatIs defition
YourDictionary definition
2015-2-4
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2015-2-4
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

totally agree ken, unless it is open source OR prescriptively (not inferentially) given permission by the owner, de-compilation is illegal.
2015-2-4
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

kenargo Posted at 2015-2-5 05:46
Been a software developer for a bit over 30 years and while he has authority to copy it he doesn't h ...

Ignore this guy Ken....I find it a bit odd that he would condone the guy's action. I also find it odd that he holds a high enough opinion of himself in evaluating your hard effort for all the hours you have placed into your App's development.  Yet, he is comfortable to loosely skirt the legal ramifications of copyright infringement as a software engineer.

Where's his App if he knows so much...
2015-2-4
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

steadystickrick Posted at 2015-2-5 07:23
Ignore this guy Ken....I find it a bit odd that he would condone the guy's action. I also find it  ...

2015-2-4
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

kenargo Posted at 2015-2-5 10:35
I have a VERY hard shell and everyone is entitled to an opinion.  He is being nice in the discussi ...

Hi Ken, when I PM'd you regarding info on your app and whether it would work on android jellybean 4.1.2  (it won't boo-hoo!), you gave me the developer setup that you have with DJI and a summary of your vast experience in this field.  

I suggested then, that you made this known to the forum members as it gives a confidence inspiring roundup of who you are and how your business is structured with your DJI links.  Well !!!!!!--- I suggest again that you do it, if only to enlighten others on your unquestionable abilities.

I used to write games software years ago and was a victim of global piracy to the tune of tens of thousands of UKpounds and it hurt me financially- it should be stamped on whenever possible.

Cheers!
Rod
2015-2-4
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I remember the discussion!

Honestly, I am OK if you share the email; it sounds better coming from you I think but I plan on having some of the technical detail online once I get the release posted.  Time is something that is short for me right now but it is on the (VERY LONG) list of things to do!
2015-2-4
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

kenargo Posted at 2015-2-5 11:45
Yes, I remember the discussion!

Honestly, I am OK if you share the email; it sounds better coming f ...

OK Ken, hide under the bushel if you will- I won't on your behalf.

Folks, here is an extensive reply that Ken gave me when enquiring about his new APP.  Ken took a lot of trouble to give me the answers I needed and I include his entire reply out of general interest.  But everyone should read para 2 if you have any doubt about his credentials..

Hi Rod,

Thanks for your interest and I’ll address your question in order.

(1) The Phantom only allows a single app to be connected to the Phantom at one time.  If you wish to be able to switch back and forth between 2 apps you will need to close one fully before opening the second app to connect to the Phantom.

(2) I am a registered and approved level 2 app developer with DJI.  Level 2 is the highest level of developer DJI has outside of corporation partners and the app is developed using the official DJI SDK. There are no hacks and nothing talking to the Phantom other than the official SDK.

(3) The app does not include any flight control; it is camera and camera control only and as such there is nothing this app can do that would result in a fly away.  The same is true with the official DJI Vision app.  In the Vision app you can enable Ground Station, which then allows you to pre-program a flight and send the Phantom on it’s way but that also would not result in a fly-away unless you made critical errors in choosing the flight path (like selecting a waypoint miles and miles away) in which case the fly-away wouldn’t really be the traditional fly-away, it would be plot error but even still the Vision app has checks to prevent even that level of pilot error.  In short, neither this app nor the official DJI Vision app can cause a fly-away.

(3a) Since the app does not control the Phantom there is no reason a crash would result in any damage to the Phantom.  In fact, you can turn your phone/table off completely or close the app and the Phantom would not notice and the only functionality you would lose would be the loss of camera control and video feed.   As with the answer for #3 above, the same is true with the Vision app; you can turn it off and/or close it completely and all that would be lost if the control of the camera and video feed.

With regards to fly-away; while this app cannot result in a fly-away it might save you from missing something in pre-flight.  Something the Vision app does not have is a pre-flight check.  In the latest version of my app I added a pre-flight check that looks at a number of flight parameters when you turn on the motors.  It will tell you if things look good/bad or in-between.  The app reports when home point is missing or is far away (a common cause of a fly-away where pilots take off before home point is known).  The pre-flight may not be perfect but it may help.  It currently validates and reports on battery health, home point location and distance, satellite count, MCU health and SD card.

Feel free to ask anything and I will answer as best I can.  If you have specific questions about the implementation code feel free to ask them as well.

Thanks for your interest.

Ken

And thank you Ken. EDIT: this was written a week or so back and Ken's software may well have moved on from some of the points listed here.
Cheers!
Rod
2015-2-4
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

that right there folks is why i will be buying ken's app as soon as i get an android tablet in the next few weeks...
2015-2-4
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I don't know if you are on this alias but I have a crash report for a MeMo pad that indicates an error in the DJI SDK but until I fix it tonight you should be able to get around the crash by changing the setting for what the camera does when connection is lost.  The crash indicates the setting you are using it Start Continuous Capture and if you use something else it might not crash.

I'll investigate more tonight when I get home and see what the root cause is and make a fix tonight.
2015-2-6
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

kenargo Posted at 2015-2-7 01:20
I don't know if you are on this alias but I have a crash report for a MeMo pad that indicates an err ...

This crash has been fixed.
2015-2-6
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Phantom Vision owners: test the camera orientation; I don't have a Phantom Vision (I have a Vision+) so some things where there are different behaviors I can't test here.

I guess I need to invest in a Phantom Vision for app testing.

Update 1.06 posted. Main change is to fix a crash resulting from undocumented changes in DJI SDK. Other tidbits:

Change: DJI 1.02 SDK only set live resolution decoding, not Wi-Fi transmitting, which was always highest. 1.04 SDK can change Wi-Fi speed depending on the setting. This release uses the new method to control live feed.

Fix: Home bearing was showing in compass before home bearing was calculated

Fix: Crash when opening flight screen if camera disconnect mode was set to "begin continuous shooting". DJI SDK regression.

Fix: App can now be moved to SD card.

Change: icon for offline map cache.

Fix: Screen images not showing correct state images

Change: Updated Google Map License key

New: New video camera icon; shows position of camera. Need to update camera icons, next release.
2015-2-6
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

1.07 Posted:

New: Notification about 1st run needing internet access.  Same as Vision app, you must have an internet connection in order for the SDK to register with DJI before you will be able to connect to the Phantom

Change: Flight screen starts quicker

New: Button images for camera and video

Change: Location uses device GPS (primary). Google Location Service (GLS) is secondary when device doesn't have GPS.  If GPS is not available, Dynamic Home Point and Follow-me is disabled due to decreased location accuracy.  User will be see message when opening app if GPS is not available.

2015-2-8
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Crashing on Android 4.2 when the motors spin-up.  Fix is on the works.

I have some crash stacks that have identified the cause and it is something I can fix.  For the immediate fix you can turn off "Phantom Tracks"; this is the flight logging feature and can be turned off in setup.  If the app no longer crashes after that it would confirm my findings.  The cause is a value only available in later Android but is fixable for 4.2.
2015-2-9
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

1.08:

Fixed: On Android 4.2 app stopped working when motors turned on while flight log was enabled.

Change: As a result of the above change flight logs are stored in /DJI_Ultimate_Flight

New: flight modes on screen, in log file and speech.  Modes available are: ATTI, Go Home, GPS ATTI, GPS Cruise, Landing, Manual, Pause 1, Pause 2, Single, Takeoff, Unknown, Waypoint.

New: Setting to control reading flight mode (default: off)
2015-2-9
Use props
Friffy1
lvl.2

United States

kenargo Posted at 2015-2-10 14:10
1.08:

Fixed crash in Android 4.2 when motors turned on while flight log was enabled.

Keep up your amazing work!!!!!

Just a suggestion...  _I_, of course, realize you're talking about the application and not the drone.  But it's possible some could be mislead by the use of the word "crash."  Maybe "force close" or "app hang" would be better?  I wouldn't rely on anybody to have common sense and I REALLY don't want ANYBODY to suspect that your app could cause an actual crash.

Take it for what it's worth.
2015-2-10
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Friffy1 Posted at 2015-2-11 01:39
Keep up your amazing work!!!!!

Just a suggestion...  _I_, of course, realize you're talking about ...

Very good point; I'll need to keep that in mind and clarify that this is app issue and nothing that results in Phantom operations.

Thanks for raising the point!
2015-2-10
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Watch tomorrow; I'm testing a new release; mostly fixes and some low-hanging new stuff:

New: Lat/Lng of Phantom, home point and pilot are attached to each objects map icon; touch to see values.

New: Map Mode settings.  Select from: satellite, hybrid, normal, terrain.  available in app settings and flight settings menus

New: Return to home is now an on-screen waring when triggered; it is also a flight mode

Change: Some reordering of on-screen reporting for better efficiency

Change: Warning levels have been consolidated into one settings area so they can be shared between speach and on-screen warnings

Change: Some settings re-ordered to create better groupings

Change: Warning messages are now shown using a dialog that can be dismissed

Removed: Disable Home lock too far warning.

Fix: Small screen layout issues

2015-2-10
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Fix: Text color for map display type summary setting menu items

Fix: Layout tuning small-screen devices

Removed: Removed google map tags with Lat/Lng; they don't update, don't wrap and don't look good.

Change: no longer using cameraConnected to determine connection state; it has proven unreliable

New: App version in lower right screen

New: Advanced setting HDR step size (default 1)

Fix: Warnings can show over top each other

New: Setting: Warning reminder time (seconds)
2015-2-11
Use props
flyingduck88.gm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 715551 ft
United States

Hey Ken,
I’ve been considering trying out your app. It looks amazing but I have a couple questions.
Will the tilt wheel for the camera on the v3 updated tx work with the app? I also use FPV booster V2. Is it compatible? One more, is there a setting for imperial measurements in the app? Thanks!
2015-2-12
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

flyingduck88.gm Posted at 2015-2-12 17:16
Hey Ken,
I’ve been considering trying out your app. It looks amazing but I have a couple questions ...

Yes, I routinely use a mix of the app's control and V3 control.  The cool thing about this is in the app the camera button rotates to show you how the camera is pointing and it updates even if you use the thumb control on the V3 controller.

I don't own Booster but have users who use the Booster app with this one.  They use Booster to turn on the booster functionality and then open this app to fly.

Lastly, yes, the app has an imperial setting; main settings menu control it.

Hope you enjoy it and please, please send feedback; things you like and don't like, or even a suggestion on something you would like to see.
2015-2-12
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A question was asked about the return policy and I found the following...

This is in case you want to test out the app on your device before making a final commitment to keep the app.

Reference: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/134336?hl=en

Return paid apps & games

After purchasing an app or game on Google Play, you can return it within two hours for a full refund.

If the return period has passed, we recommend contacting the app developer directly. You can find an app developer's contact information listed on an app or game's detail page on Google Play.

Keep in mind you can't return an app or game more than once.
2015-2-12
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Change: Re-organized settings

Change: Flight recorder now OFF by default, many lower powered devices have issues with battery and CPU keeping up with file I/O

New: Flight Log (default On): Flight summary: DateTime, FlightTime, MaxDistance, MaxSpeed, MinAltitude, MaxAltitude, MinSatCount, MaxSatCount, MaxBattery, MinBattery

New: Advanced setting: Show Phantom Location on-screen

Fix: Speak could report opening flight screen after changing settings

Known Issues: all crash reports have been resolved or pending DJI investigation
2015-2-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules