Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Keep Osmo straight ahead?
2913 7 2016-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
goody317
lvl.2
  • >>>
Colombia

Hi guys,

I tried mounting my osmo + x5 on my car (with car mount) but any sudden movements and the camera just films to the side. How do I keep it straight ahead so when I drive and even if I make a turn it goes smoothly? Do I need someone to control this or is there a setting I can play around with?
2016-10-19
Use props
james.mcmillan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 71739 ft
United States

You can control where the Osmo points by touching the screen on your phone. By dragging your finger, you can achieve a pretty smooth pan. At least this is true for the x3.
2016-10-19
Use props
Skint
lvl.2
New Zealand

You will need to play with the pan speed in the app so it can keep up with the speed of your turns, there is also a sport mode that may help with the fast movement (still not sure exactly what that setting does).

As the Osmo uses a mems gyro you will find it is effected by G-Force so when you do hard banking corners the camera will tilt, I believe it uses a digital compass for heading hold so also make sure you run an autocalibrate before you start moving.

If the camera needs to look forward all of the time try setting up the camera torch style so it always looks forward.
2016-10-19
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, If you are using the osmo in the car with a mount try using sport mode, under 'Gimbal' - 'scene Mode' - then you have 'Walk' - 'Sport' - 'Wear' options, the best for the car is the 'Sport' this reduces the gimbal pan movement.
Or you can change the settings in the Smoothtrack Adjustments, (Speed - Deadband - Acceleration) to suit driving style.
2016-10-19
Use props
goody317
lvl.2
  • >>>
Colombia

Great guys thanks so much for the responses I will try and report back
2016-10-19
Use props
fans93db36b8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 290371 ft
Australia

I don't seem to have scene mode on my osmo with the latest update to 1.3.0.40 should it be there on the osmo x5 ??? i have it when I put on ,y x3 what is going on with DJI
It would be good to have this function as I want to shoot the driver of a car with the osmo mounted to the windscreen and when the car turns so does the osmo which doesn't hold the frame
2017-1-29
Use props
fans573ffac3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6032398 ft
  • >>>
Australia

goody317 Posted at 2016-10-19 20:11
Great guys thanks so much for the responses I will try and report back

Hey! I know it's been awhile but how did you go with the settings for the gimbal using the car mount on your car? About to try the same and came across this thread. Thanks!
2017-7-30
Use props
Skittless
lvl.2
  • >>>
Colombia

fans573ffac3 Posted at 2017-7-30 03:29
Hey! I know it's been awhile but how did you go with the settings for the gimbal using the car mount on your car? About to try the same and came across this thread. Thanks!

Had zero success so I sold my Osmo.
2018-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules