2005 7 2016-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
miketeel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184567 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Anyone else notice that the horizontal balance the Osmo Mobile shifts all the time using the same iphone. It moves from one place to other and never remains the same.
2016-10-19
Use props
bleyten
lvl.2

I have the same trouble with Android. I constantly have to manually calibrate the horizontal. Especially annoying since I don't use the DJI Go app much so I have to keep opening it to calibrate then go back to my default app. I originally though it was because I was closing the DJI Go app after calibrating but even just using the DJI Go app I lose the horizontal.
2016-10-19
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You mean the video is tilted even after you balanced the gimbal?.  Is it possible you upload a video to demonstrate how severe it is? Thank you.
2016-10-19
Use props
miketeel
lvl.2
  • >>>
Argentina

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-20 15:42
You mean the video is tilted even after you balanced the gimbal?.  Is it possible you upload a video ...

I referring only to where the mechanical balance point is located. Balancing the phone according to DJI is important ( I presume so as not to over work the gimbal.) But the point of mechanical balance is constantly changing (without changing the phone or insuring that the movement of the sliding arm is set.)

If you mark the balance spot on the phone it can move back an forth around 1/4 to 1/2 inch with the same phone.
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

miketeel Posted at 2016-10-20 09:21
I referring only to where the mechanical balance point is located. Balancing the phone according t ...

But something must be moving to result a moving balance point. Is the phone moving in the phone holder, or the knob isn't tight so the balance arm is retracted or extending?
2016-10-20
Use props
miketeel
lvl.2
  • >>>
Chile

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-20 23:49
But something must be moving to result a moving balance point. Is the phone moving in the phone ho ...

No movement of the arm or the phone. Only thing that is changed is the turning on and off of the gimbal.
2016-10-21
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

miketeel Posted at 2016-10-22 09:15
No movement of the arm or the phone. Only thing that is changed is the turning on and off of the g ...

Try put a tape over the little window on the gimbal, if the issue still shows up, email support@dji.com to send it back. Sorry about the inconvenience.
2016-10-23
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
United States

miketeel Posted at 2016-10-21 21:15
No movement of the arm or the phone. Only thing that is changed is the turning on and off of the g ...

I have the same issue. I set the balance correctly in the  DJI GO software, then I turn off DJI GO (or it crashes) and then my balance is reset and I need to manually correct the gimbal in the DJI GO software.
2016-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules