Mavic software and autofocus
1339 5 2016-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stevens4x
New

United States

Hey all. I don't own a drone yet but I've been following the tech for a little while. I do own R/C planes, copters, trucks, etc so I'm coming from that side vs videography. I'm just about to make the leap after watching the info on the Mavic Pro but I do have one concern. Is there an ability to turn on an autofocus or is it only tap to focus?
2016-10-19
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft

Hi Stevens4x,

On the Mavic it's only Tap to Focus, but don't worry, once you are in the air just Tap anything that is far away in the distance once and you will be good to go, everything will be sharp.

People worry about this feature, but actually it's good, because there can be a reason that you want to focus on a particular spot only, so that would come in Handy.

Hope this helps you
2016-10-19
Use props
ctonyperry
lvl.2

United States

I'm really curious to see what sort of depth of field effects can be achieved with the dynamic focus
2016-10-19
Use props
Mpampis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276476 ft
Germany

You can also use the C1 or C2 for focusing and then you'll have to press a button
2016-10-19
Use props
Stevens4x
New

Thank you for the help- I've only tinkered around with these in a hobby shop. I guess I should have been a little more specific. My hang up is I can barely see my phone outside on sunny days so I'm worried I may not be able to tell I'm out of focus while flying. I'm sure people have remedies for this I just don't know them since I have zero hours logged. (I have seen some sort of sun shades around a IV controller--> maybe that's all I'd need)
2016-10-19
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>

In this YouTube review it looks as though there's 2 main focus points, close up or infinity, so you just click anywhere once in the air and you're all good. https://youtu.be/4xGAAjJkxxE
2016-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules