SUCCESS COUNT!
2692 30 2015-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shakyamunifilms
lvl.2

United States

With all the hysteria, I wanted to make a thread to try and gain a general sample of all the successful flights.It could also help to get a little confidence and good energy flowing through this community!

I got my Inspire on the 3rd of January.
I've had about 17 successful flights and have experienced no problems.

I've flown in moderate winds (roughly 10-15mph),
Have only topped her at 20mph
And have climbed up to 318ft. She's been in 38 degrees Fahrenheit but hasn't seen real heat yet.

I always hand tighten my props and do a compass calibration (between battery switch too)

I'm still extremely cautious and always do pre flight checks.
The only bug I've run into, is my IMU advanced calibration failing to complete 100% and I'm still digging for the answer.

Overall, she flies like a beauty!!!
Still anxious for my prop locks.

Safe flyin!!
2015-2-2
Use props
barry.artistafr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 233412 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Good idea to start this! I have had 5 very successful flights. More importantly, very impressive footage. Only smiles my side Cant give away too much as this footage is going into a project this week, but this is one shot I got.

2015-2-3
Use props
lucaoms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 599049 ft
  • >>>
Italy

barry.artistafr Posted at 2015-2-3 17:42
Good idea to start this! I have had 5 very successful flights. More importantly, very impressive foo ...

Hi ,
My Inspire has about 28 success flights in 123 minutes of total flight times
Location Italy

By
2015-2-3
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

I've had over 30 successful flights and batteries are charged and ready for  it's next flight when the weather gives me a break. I've flown in temps as low as 18. Ive done maybe 4 IMU calibrations I calibrate the compass each and every time I take it out. If I'm in the same area and don't move I don't do any cals in between battery changes. I have a set checklist I go through each and every time. I believe consistency is a key to successful flights, Just like real pilots they have a check list they go through each and every time!!! I have flown in big metal buildings where it was rock solid!!! Most of the flight were from Ohio and a couple from Wisconsin. My second controller will be here Thursday and I'm excited to take it out with duel operators Anyway all good here in OHIO INSPIRE ONE ROCKS!!!!! My dealer said yesterday my prop locks where on there way as well.

Mike

Post Edit I'm using an iPad 3 Mini IOS 0.9.2

Never thought about posting a picture of it

Flight Data

Flight Data
2015-2-3
Use props
Alessio.Alessi.
lvl.1

Italy

lucaoms Posted at 2015-2-3 17:52
Hi ,
My Inspire has about 28 success flights in 123 minutes of total flight times
Location Italy

ciao
ho ricevuto inspire1 il 15 gennaio ma sono bloccato perche' manca sio app
tu usi android?
2015-2-3
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

svencool Posted at 2015-2-3 18:13
I've had over 30 successful flights and batteries are charged and ready for  it's next flight when t ...

Mike, are you employed by DJI.  The indoor flight looks very like a promotional video by DJI at or around the original release date in 2014
2015-2-3
Use props
lucaoms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 599049 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Alessio.Alessi. Posted at 2015-2-3 18:28
ciao
ho ricevuto inspire1 il 15 gennaio ma sono bloccato perche' manca sio app
tu usi android?

ciao
yes , uso android ( anche io ho tutti dispositivi IOS) , ma ho preso un tab4 da 8" ( 259€) che è PERFETTO come size da utilizzare sul remoto
calcola che in ogni caso  la versione per IOS sarà sempre una\due release inditero a dispetto di quella android, quindi non prevedo di riusare IOS
2015-2-3
Use props
ben
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Have done 4 different flights so far & this is the first drone that I've had. So far so good - 1 minor crash but that was user error. Favourite was up in the Peak District (UK) after some snow...

2015-2-3
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

I have over 40 flights...2.5 hours flight time....over 22,000 ft. My longest flight was a mile. IOS app .9.0.2
        Longest flights...Anastasia State Park, FL

Attached Mobius camera to test gimbal effectiveness

Windy conditions test

Image-1.jpg
Image-2.jpg
2015-2-3
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-2-3 19:53
Mike, are you employed by DJI.  The indoor flight looks very like a promotional video by DJI at or ...

No I don't work for DJI sorry. But that was shot a couple weeks back when I went up to a drone event around Green Bay Wisconsin. I live in Ohio and drove up as I was thought to have the only DJI Inspire 1 that they knew of and they had lots of people that wanted to see it first hand so why not They had 3 News channels that showed up to film the flying footage as well.

Mike

Post Edit I'm using an iPad 3 Mini IOS 0.9.2
2015-2-3
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Ive had some great flights with the inspire, my 1st one went a bit out of the ordinary but that had a build date of 14th December and they immediately sent a replacement out, and this one is build date 10th January with the different carbon weave. Only problem with this one is  the scary drifting with a mind of its own, but it all seems to be fine as-long as you follow your checklist on pre flight.

2015-2-3
Use props
vjoneskc.gmail
lvl.1

United States

flown probably 10 times since early jan in some pretty strong winds and cold temps... nothing ranging more than few hundred meters away however. prop locks at fedex just gotta go pick em up today so i will fly much more often now. i have been using a modded p2 with lightbridge and z3d/hero3 to tide me over when i need to fly hah
2015-2-3
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

I've had  a month of flying frequently but have to count my recharges or log or whatever to be specific.  One balance issue last weekend that I now believe is resolved.  Flown a wide range of altitude and distance and wind conditions.  Have accelerated enough in P GPS mode to satisfy me that abrupt halting does not affect my props and that the balance issue I had on that one day was a function of IMU degradation.  Also have been happy with the smoothness you get out of it in A mode.  I have had a few issues with arming the Inspire for flight and I think that is to do with the Pilot App. Overall I'd say the exhilaration outweighs any issues I've had.

Dan
2015-2-3
Use props
nscheffer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2078563 ft
France

Same for me, based in Paris France :
- 2h25 min flight time
- 25 flights
- 10245 m done

No problem at all, perfect !
Using an iPad Air 2 with the IOS app 0.9.2
2015-2-3
Use props
hmerkel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2307995 ft
United States

So far so good.  I dont think I have as many flights as the record shows, is there a way to delete "flights" when all I have done is turned the machine on?

IMG_0018.jpg
2015-2-3
Use props
chris.w.love.gm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1406854 ft
United States

Flown three successful flights and am loving it! Trying to take it slow as there seems to be a lot to learn about this machine (I've only ever flown Phantom 1, 2 and Vision before) but am very happy with its performance. The rollout process has been bumpy, to say the least, but in my eyes totally worth it!
2015-2-3
Use props
craigarthurson.
lvl.2

Australia

Great to see this if it is possible guys can you add what you are using IOS or Android and what tablets with you successful flights
2015-2-3
Use props
hmerkel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2307995 ft
United States

craigarthurson. Posted at 2015-2-4 05:23
Great to see this if it is possible guys can you add what you are using IOS or Android and what tabl ...

Im using iOS version 0.9.2 on an iPad mini 2.  Mostly cooler weather, yesterday was the first day below 32 degrees.  I only have 2 batteries and they have been lasting about 15-16 minutes of flying.  
2015-2-3
Use props
bvinisky.email
lvl.3

United States

I'm sitting at 60 flights, spanning just under 6hrs time and over 130k feet covered. I'm continuing to hold out hope and stick with iOS v0.9.2 on the iPad Mini 3 I bought specifically for the I1. I echo that I have been lovin' every single minute of it! Weather permitting, my weekends and most week nights have been consumed with cycles of flying & recharging like some sort of quadcopter power junkie.

The IMU has been calibrated half a dozen times and I've dealt with most of the minor issues many have run into around here - like the P GPS -> Atti during the first few minutes and the occasional spastic camera twitch, but have generally been problem free. Operating with two batteries has been keeping me afloat the past few weeks, but I can't wait to see the those numbers rocket up once the others arrive.
2015-2-3
Use props
abe.abekleinfel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

hmerkel@gci.net Posted at 2015-2-4 02:54
So far so good.  I dont think I have as many flights as the record shows, is there a way to delete " ...

On the iPad/iPhone version of the app, you can swipe left on any flight to delete it.
2015-2-3
Use props
craigarthurson.
lvl.2

Australia

hmerkel@gci.net Posted at 2015-2-4 08:10
Im using iOS version 0.9.2 on an iPad mini 2.  Mostly cooler weather, yesterday was the first day  ...

Thanks Guys got mine yesterday all sorted ready to fly with the IOS .9.2 thank you again as was hopeful you and the others were using the Apple App
2015-2-4
Use props
dandmpetro.gmai
New
Flight distance : 21253 ft
United States

Thank you all so much for the Positive feedback  I have not gotten mine yet and after reading posts almost everyday with issues it is so good to hear this.  Thank you all so much.
2015-2-4
Use props
johnmont250.ema
lvl.3

United States

got my bird yesterday, and prop locks today,   Took my maiden voyage today, and everything went perfectly, no issues at all.
this thing is great, i burned two batteries mostly in atti mode.  
2015-2-4
Use props
shakyamunifilms
lvl.2

United States

This is great!! Thank you everyone who has
shared their stories and to anyone who will in the future!

I've been flying these past two days with some peace of mind!

Still waiting for prop locks though....
2015-2-4
Use props
david.spencer.b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7192 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Had a crash with mine on the first day when it went off on its own but since and very cautiously saying this, its been amazing
2015-2-4
Use props
tgif9623.comcas
lvl.2

United States

Love mine!

1 hr 35 min
56688 ft
2015-2-4
Use props
shakyamunifilms
lvl.2

United States

david.spencer.b Posted at 2015-2-5 10:51
Had a crash with mine on the first day when it went off on its own but since and very cautiously say ...

What happened on the fly away?
2015-2-5
Use props
lrwskyfilms
lvl.2

United Kingdom

hmerkel@gci.net Posted at 2015-2-4 02:54
So far so good.  I dont think I have as many flights as the record shows, is there a way to delete " ...

Yes I think if you highlight it, it allows you to delete it.
2015-2-5
Use props
mike.hamel.emai
lvl.1

Germany

AshInspire1 Posted at 2015-2-4 00:08
Ive had some great flights with the inspire, my 1st one went a bit out of the ordinary but that had  ...

Where can you check the build date? Thanks.
2015-2-5
Use props
david.spencer.b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7192 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

shakyamunifilms Posted at 2015-2-5 16:26
What happened on the fly away?

Still waiting for DJI or Ed to get back to me
2015-2-5
Use props