790 7 2016-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61184 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why does the Phantom 4 gimbal exaggerate roll in FPV mode?? This is so annoying!! Is there a way to turn it of or set it so the gimbal just stays in a fixed position?
2016-10-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Go into gimbal settings menu and change from 'FPV' to 'Follow'.

The gimbal will then stay level as the aircraft turns, or gets buffeted by wind etc.
2016-10-19
Use props
dirtdroner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3633799 ft
United States

Yeah, having it just match the craft would be great. 'Follow' eliminates it totally and 'FPV' exaggerates it to beyond use. I get what they're trying to do by artificially tilting the camera because the craft turns without tilting unless you use both sticks. They just went way overboard. One feature I really liked on my Bebop 2 before I totaled it was that they gave you the option to combine yaw and roll with a single stick. Made it like flying a plane and made really great video. I guess DJI thinks of it more as a floating camera than an flying aircraft. Maybe they could at least add it to Sport mode.
2016-10-19
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha TOM,

Aardvark has the quick fix and that can be enough for some.  But there are settings that allow you to use FPV smoothly in a non-exaggerated way for cool videos like DirtDroner notes.  

Right now you will have to figure it out for your selves.  I have just seen it done on this Forum and have not flown since then, but I cannot wait to try.  When I figure it out I will post it.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-10-20
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

dirtdroner Posted at 2016-10-19 15:07
Yeah, having it just match the craft would be great. 'Follow' eliminates it totally and 'FPV' exagge ...

Aloha dirtdroner,

There are settings that allow you to use FPV smoothly in a non-exaggerated way for cool videos like you noted.  Right now you will have to figure it out for yourself.  I have just seen it done on this forum and have not flown since then, but I cannot wait to try.  When I figure it out I will post it.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-10-20
Use props
dirtdroner
lvl.4
United States

Sounds like the hot ticket. If I knew how to search these boards I'd look up Aardvark to read the posts.
2016-10-20
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61184 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the replies guys.. Ill check out FPV "follow" -  on another note, "dirtdroner" I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic.. lol!
2016-11-3
Use props
dirtdroner
lvl.4
United States

Though I have certainly had some fun with tongue in cheek before (crappy app), this time it's real. I'd love to be able to combine a turn and roll to make it seem like flying a plane, the manufactured FPV mode from DJI stinks, and I don't know how to search the boards by author.
2016-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules