P3A VPS getting SUPER hot
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
huntatwork
lvl.2

Australia

Hi all.

I was playing around with my drone and the DJI GO software in my house, not flying it, no props on, just had it sitting there while I used the app.

I noticed the VPS sensor area was quite warm. I touched one of the ultrasonic sensors and it felt like it almost burnt me!
I can hear a fan - there's no fan on the gimbal on my model.

Surely they shouldn't be getting that hot??

It was turned on, without airflow, for maybe about 30 minutes. Is the no air flow what caused the sensors to get so hot?
2016-10-20
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

Never noticed it on my P3Pro
I will check if my vps gets hot and report back
Was it ever hot before or you've just noticed it?
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Huntatwork, please do not worry about it, that's normal it feels warm when turned on for a while. After taking off, it will be better because airflow does good to heat dissipation.
When flying, please pay attention to the APP to check whether there will be any notice pops out.
2016-10-20
Use props
huntatwork
lvl.2

Australia

Phantom3ProPilo Posted at 2016-10-20 19:39
Never noticed it on my P3Pro
I will check if my vps gets hot and report back
Was it ever hot before ...

I've only just got the P3A. Never noticed it before as last time I took it out, which was the first, I was actually flying it.
This time the aircraft wasn't flying - I only had it on so I could get into the camera part of the DJI GO app.

Lesson learnt - don't leave the drone on for a long time without airflow!
2016-10-20
Use props
huntatwork
lvl.2

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-20 19:43
Hi Huntatwork, please do not worry about it, that's normal it feels warm when turned on for a while. ...

Thanks Natalia.
In future I'll make sure I don't have the aircraft on for so long without airflow.

Cheers
Hunt
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

huntatwork Posted at 2016-10-20 20:57
Thanks Natalia.
In future I'll make sure I don't have the aircraft on for so long without airflow. ...

No problem, please enjoy your flight and feel free to contact us if any further questions.
2016-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules