Drone technology in TEN years time.
972 3 2016-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Now we (almost) have the Mavic and it's ultra portability, it feels like a new era in the drone world is begining. So it got me thinking about the near future, ten years time, what things may we see then ?

I think some of these could happen....

#Companies like Tesla and Apple bringing their technology and expertise to the drone industry.
#Twin drone packs with a satellite drone and a voyager drone, the satellite drone hovering at altitude above the pilot, increasing signal strength and range to your voyager drone.
#Fast charging graphite batteries topped up 'in flight' via wrap round solar panelling on drone, resulting in 1 hour+ flight times.
#Fully waterproofed, liquid cooled.
#MAYDAY deployment. A system to detect when the drone is falling out of the sky, and automatically cuts the engines, and inflates a small weather balloon with a set amount of gas, enough to descend the drone safely back to the ground/water.
#Hybrid Drone/Air balloons

2016-10-20
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

I see a lot less drones because of needless regulations, and costs to fly. State permit, gov. permits, and anything else they will dream up to charge the flyers. I hope I'm wrong.
2016-10-20
Use props
JWC P4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

Drone pilots to be taxed for using air space....  Ever diminishing personal freedom.  ;-)
2016-10-20
Use props
lignow
lvl.4
Canada

Soon... runs on sugar

AntennaBee.jpg
2016-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules