What causes my screen to look like this?
12Next >
7445 51 2016-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
montemonte316
New

United States

Its a P4, all up to date firmware. Galaxy Tab A for my display. I fly in am open field and this happens at all distances. Even less than two hundred feet. How can i fix this? Thanks
20161016_092722.jpg
2016-10-20
Use props
Paddle Faster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 678825 ft
United States

Hi montemonte,  Im using and IPad Pro and every once in a while Ill get that same pattern that just flashes on my screen. Just for an instant, and nothing in any video Ive recorded.
2016-10-20
Use props
scooby_matt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 86083 ft

My iPad mini one did this. The processor is not quick enough to process the data.
2016-10-20
Use props
gmccurdy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft

I get that with my Samsung tablet too.  Pretty bad at times.  If you go here  http://www.dji.com/phantom-4/info#specs  and scroll down you'll see the DJI list of devices that should work better than your Tab A which isn't on the list.  The Apple stuff seems to work better overall than Android (My cellular shop calls Samsung the Hibachis now).  Fwiw, I have two Samsungs and they both do the video lag at times, and my tablet even gets to the point it freezes and the screen will not even respond after it runs for awhile as it gets hot.  My S6 is on their approved list too, but it lags at times as well once it warms up.  I think Samsung just loaded too much bloatware that keeps the needed processing slowed down for GO to run well.
2016-10-20
Use props
montemonte316
New

United States

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I might have to get another tablet. Ouch.
2016-10-20
Use props
Drone Xperience
lvl.1
Flight distance : 374006 ft

scooby_matt Posted at 2016-10-21 04:31
My iPad mini one did this. The processor is not quick enough to process the data.

Hi Scooby, i dont think so if another have the same problem with ipad pro ;) processor of all ipad are fast enough for the HD streaming ;)
2016-10-20
Use props
scooby_matt
lvl.2

Drone Xperience Posted at 2016-10-21 04:59
Hi Scooby, i dont think so if another have the same problem with ipad pro ;) processor of all ipad ...

I was refering to the orginal post
2016-10-20
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Welcome to the Green Screen Club!
Powerful Iphone 6 Plus here
Summer Thread

Keep it Cool
Make Green your favorite color; it wont bother you as much.View the map on main screen and make the video the secondary small screen.  It will bother you less.

2016-10-20
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm not sure if this is still current with all the upgrades and updates. But what sorted this on my Nexus 7 (2013) was to change the 'USB Configuration' to 'MTP'. This can be found in the Android 'Developer Option' menu which needs to be initially activated by you on your device.

Try this to activate the developer option:-

To unhide the Developer options menu, touch Apps  > Settings  > General > About device.
Scroll to and touch Build number seven times.
The menu option will then appear under Settings  > General > Developer options.
2016-10-20
Use props
montemonte316
New

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-21 05:41
I'm not sure if this is still current with all the upgrades and updates. But what sorted this on my  ...

Thanks Aardvark. I tried what you said and it already was set to the MTP. Darn it
2016-10-20
Use props
Focusian
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155443 ft
Thailand

montemonte316 Posted at 2016-10-21 03:53
Thanks for the replies. Looks like I might have to get another tablet. Ouch.

ํYou don't need to change new device every  time DJI release  new and unstable FW.
I found same problem and already reinstall Go app back to v. 2.9.1.    Solved.
2016-10-20
Use props
Focusian
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155443 ft
Thailand

scooby_matt Posted at 2016-10-21 03:31

Hi, i don't think the problem of low speed CPU .    I also found this error on Samsung Note 5, high speed cpu and 4 GB of ram.
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please cool it down and turn off all other background programs before flight.
The performance cannot be guaranteed since it is not in DJI recommended devices list, it's suggested to try another compatible device and check the image transmission quality.
Besides, you could check HD page on APP about the channels, and customize the best one.
2016-10-20
Use props
scooby_matt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Focusian Posted at 2016-10-21 04:36
Hi, i don't think the problem of low speed CPU .    I also found this error on Samsung Note 5, hig ...

What do you think causing this then? As i prefere to use a ipad mini than my mobile phone.

Cheers
2016-10-20
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

montemonte316 Posted at 2016-10-21 03:35
Thanks Aardvark. I tried what you said and it already was set to the MTP. Darn it

I know you've probably tried this already, but a different USB lead (good branded lead) ?
2016-10-21
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-20 23:48
Please cool it down and turn off all other background programs before flight.
The performance cannot ...

But do you think it is risky to use a single channel when we fly over different terrain, like over water then over land, etc?  

Why can't the developers use a better programming routine, which automatically switches the channel when the hd signal falls below a pre-set level? Wasn't this the intend of using AUTO mode?

I have been checking my logs, and the P4 very seldom switches channels.  In my case, flying over 60 minutes, it switched channels 3 times. In many cases, I lost HD signal, but the channel stayed the same.
I think a simple loop which checks the current hd power level and distance can be used to optimize streaming video range and quality.
2016-10-21
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I personally think the streaming video issue is the biggest issue plaguing the P4; I love everything else, but my enthusiasm of using it is greatly diminished due to the streaming video issues.  I tried diferent devices and even though these devices work much better with the P3A, ,they do not work with the P4.

That tells me the issue is a combination of the P4, firmware and the DJI GO app.

Back when the DGI GO app went from 2.8.1 to 2.8.2, the video streaming was horrible.  That proves that the DGI Go app is the main culprit.

I think when DJI added  more features to the app, like live streaming, then they patched it many times, that may have resulted in bloatware, which is not optimized for streaming video performance.

Maybe you need to go back to 2.8.1 as a baseline, and work from there?
2016-10-21
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Focusian Posted at 2016-10-20 23:31
ํYou don't need to change new device every  time DJI release  new and unstable FW.
I found same pr ...

Are you using the P4, or P3?
2016-10-21
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I would just like to expand on my logic:

If I use the same DI GO app, same device but the video streaming performance is much better on the P3A than the P4, (many threads about this) then what conclusions can we come up with:

1. The P4 or it's firmware has an issue with streaming video. I know my P4 has issues when it it operating in very hot environment.  That is pointing to a potential hardware issue; this is a difficult one to correct with software patches.

2.  P4 firmware is not as optimal as the P3 firmware; or subsequent patches to correct P4 potential hardware issue works on some P4's but not all.

3. Since the DGI GO app is common for all craft, then as you add more and more, then the performance of the go app will degrade as you add more and  more. Since they are not adding more for the P3, then that maintains it's performance.  So the P4 suffers as they add more and more features, without optimizing dynamic app response.
2016-10-21
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-10-21 10:44

If I use the same DI GO app, same device but the video str ...

I think your number 3 item is the issue.

I quite a while back suggested to the DJI guys here on the forum that the GO has gotten so bloated and has much included it is just to much.

It has everything but the kitchen sink included and
personally I used a very small part of the feature set.
I think I am not alone in that....

I proposed a "lite" version that simple is for flying the phantom
no manuals,
no streamimg
etc.
just the app with the basics needed for manual flight with video stream to device and control.

at least give us the option --full or lite app
willing to bet it would solve many issues for basic users

FWIW
I for the first time had issues with banding the other day.
Go 3.0,  latest FW p3p, shield k1
2016-10-21
Use props
montemonte316
New

United States

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-10-21 10:44

If I use the same DI GO app, same device but the video str ...

Would using another app like Litchi help with this?
2016-10-21
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2016-10-21 11:10
I think your number 3 item is the issue.

I quite a while back suggested to the DJI guys here on ...

I AGREE!

I have been asking for a P4 Lite version too!!

I do not need Live Streaming.
But you never know; maybe they got someting for including this Live video and they have to shove it to us, even though most do not use it?

I bought a shield and I can not use it.  Constant green lines on the screen. It is going ot be a christmas present for my son!

2016-10-21
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

Does your tab's image do this in normal operation?  If not, it's not your tab.  If your processor were not fast enough, the image would be more random.

I have tried four different devices, none are on DJI's list of approved devices.  All four work perfectly.

However, occasionally, I'll get the same sort of noise as I see in your picture above.

If I were to guess, I's say the problem would be somewhere in the DJI hardware, maybe even as simple as the cable between the controller and the tab.  Have you tried replacing the cable?

Have you tried any other devices?

HTH

2016-10-21
Use props
montemonte316
New

United States

spiderbot.sb Posted at 2016-10-21 11:17
Does your tab's image do this in normal operation?  If not, it's not your tab.  If your processor we ...

Ive tried different cables. This happens on almost every flight wether I'm just flying or taking pics and videos.
2016-10-21
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

montemonte316 Posted at 2016-10-21 11:11
Would using another app like Litchi help with this?

For me, oddly, Litchi also has bad streaming video.

They tried to improve performance by not offering us the option for background video recording, but I still had some green screens.  But my green screens occurred a lot more during the hot summer weeks. That's why this is a complex one to figure out.  I think there are multiple causes, and hot environment for the P4 and device are part of the equation.
Curently, since the envronment is in the high 60's, my streaming video is not nearly as bad as it was during the hot summer weeks.
2016-10-21
Use props
montemonte316
New

United States

montemonte316 Posted at 2016-10-21 11:23
Ive tried different cables. This happens on almost every flight wether I'm just flying or taking p ...

The tab does not do this in normal operation. Only when its hooked up to the controller
2016-10-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You could try re-linking RC to P4 that may help.
2016-10-21
Use props
montemonte316
New

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-21 11:26
You could try re-linking RC to P4 that may help.

I will try that. Thanks.
2016-10-21
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 208383 ft

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-10-21 23:12
I AGREE!

I have been asking for a P4 Lite version too!!

i am phantom 4 sheild k1 tablet go app 2.9.1 no video or other problems "do not auto update"
2016-10-21
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

JACKODOG-ANDROI Posted at 2016-10-21 11:48
i am phantom 4 sheild k1 tablet go app 2.9.1 no video or other problems "do not auto update"

I am not an auto updater!

But I saw they were talking about video streaming improvements and nobody was complaining, so I dove right in with all the cool auto updaters and I updated too manually.
2016-10-21
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 208383 ft
United States

i don't have prob i don't up
i'm bummed the k1 didn't work for you, i use two of them for difrent mods
2016-10-21
Use props
Dacon Productio
lvl.2

United States

For me the problem started after the IOS 10 update and GO app 3.0.0. Have not changed any iPad Air 2 settings.
I don't know if any CPU or GPU parameters were changed in IOS 10 and GO app 3.0 but looks like there is a glitch or decode communication problem that is causing the GO app to glitch and have bad video Rx. Constantly at any distance I get green screen, half black screen, pixelation in the image or image freeze for 1-2 seconds. Looking at the P4 live and comparing with what is displayed on the screen do not match (turning the camera 180 in real life and image still shows straight image for 1-2 seconds before it catches up). Have disabled the hardware decode option and all improved 99%. I am inclined to believe that GO app 3.0.0 is the problem since it has incorporated codec for MAVIC drone now that operates on iPhone/iPad without a dedicated controller (RC) and for some reason the video in conjunction with the HARDWARE DECODING on RC is a bad idea.
Curious to know if I am the only one with this problem or are others out there. I have a P4 (never crashed or abused) paired with Inspire "C" RC with iPad Air 2 dedicated for P4 only, nothing else on it and everything is turned OFF. Same problem when paired with original P4 RC which proves is not an RC problem. Took my friend's P4 RC and paired it to my P4 and got the same problem. When the HARDWARE DECODING was turned OFF the problem looks like went away.
2016-10-21
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

montemonte316 Posted at 2016-10-21 10:23
Ive tried different cables. This happens on almost every flight wether I'm just flying or taking p ...

OK, not the cable.

If that pink band in the picture is steady, in other words, it doesn't blink and move up or down the screen, then it may be memory or video controller on your P4.  If the pink band does move, it *might* be interference, or your Samsung just doesn't have enough CPU to do the job.  Do you have other tasks running on the tab, using CPU cycles?

Have you tried another device temporarily?
2016-10-24
Use props
rs1
New

United States

this happens to me six inches away....read for further details about this nightmare unsolvable problem:

Bought a brand new Phantom 4. It had to be sent in for DJI repair out of the box due to poor video signal. They replaced the camera and said there was something wrong with the board. Just got it back. It has the exact same problem. I've spent over sox hours on the phone with DJI tech problem solving without success. Lost 9 days while the unit was being repaired. I've tried every thing under the sun and the only thing that works slightly is to lower image transmission all the way down and pick the best custom channel you can find out of the eight (tried installing the DJI config to see all 32 channels but that didn't work and only have eight still...apparently the latest firmware might prevent you from hacking to 32 channels). This is by far the worst product I've ever purchased in my life...
Bought a brand new Osmo too....that just got shipped out for repair also straight out of the box because it can't connect to the Osmo network which would not be a problem if you could just use a cable!!!!!!!!!! No, not a option to hook it up with a cable.....
So both my brand new purchases from DJI had to be sent in for repair straight out of the box....the Phantom was just returned after repair and it's still not working properly. Worst products I have ever bought!!!!!!!!!
2016-10-26
Use props
bob.lionel.gmai
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89551 ft
  • >>>
United States

Roll your RC FIrmware back to 1.6. Something is wrong with 1.8. I've been having the issue since updating. Rolled it back to 1.6 and the problem goes away.
2016-10-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

rs1 Posted at 2016-10-27 11:56
this happens to me six inches away....read for further details about this nightmare unsolvable probl ...

Really sorry to hear about the trouble caused, would you please provide us your case number? we'll help you look into the case.
2016-10-27
Use props
Mavic-Dave
New

United States

I have a similar problem with my iPad Mini 4.  My Mavic is brand new, got it yesterday.  I'm using a certified Apple cord plugged into the USB at the bottom of the controller and I see half the screen in green and the lag is terrible.  Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing because it works just fine with my iPhone 6 Plus.
2017-2-3
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

Here is my experience with this topic. When I first got my P4 I used my wife's iPad Mini...Older version. .had the same screen.
Up graded to iPad air with 16gb package.....still had pink and green.
So...I decide to get the newer iPad air 2 with 32gb package.....It has the A8Aprosessor or something like that...I'm no techy.
Only use the iPad air for drone. and turn off wifi and BT thing.
Only once got a flash of green on screen.
Now...I also have gotten into the habit of making sure that my tablet is parallel to the antennas.
I think that the metallic backing of the tablet might cause a reflected signal that confuses the Tx.
I never get green screen anymore and all seems well,  I couldn't be more happy with image transmition  
2017-2-3
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

This happened to me today with my newest phantom 4. It only happened when I was under power lines and facing the sun, if I would yaw 180 degrees it would away, yaw back to the same spot toward the sun and bam big pink screen. Using samsung note 4
2017-2-4
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

this now happens to me every time I fly my new phantom 4...  my first phantom 4 never did this, using same phone.
2017-2-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules