Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Latest Mavic Shipping Update [Now Shipping First Batch]
12345678Next >
17946 284 2016-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

Hello DJI, your alls twitter comment stated that you all shipped the first batch to customers on the 15th?
The comment was subsequently removed from twitter.

What was meant by that comment?

https://webcache.googleuserconte ... cache:mygOhHBVVXQJ:https://mobile.twitter.com/DJISu...hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

All of the shipping related threads here, even the official, have been removed or closed forcing this issue to spread outside of the DJI forums to areas such as:

Where the Hell Is the DJI Mavic Pro?
DJI's hyped Mavic Pro foldable drone has been delayed
Customers are still waiting for their folding DJI drone
GoPro's Karma Vs. DJI's Mavic: It Doesn't Even Matter Now

https://www.reddit.com/r/djimavic/

It would be nice if the discussion could continue on the actual shipping status updates on these official DJI forums rather than breaking off into seperate discussions on Reddit, other drone forums, news articles, etc...

2016-10-20
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe Ed gave a shipping update, the new update says there is no new information.
2016-10-20
Use props
pXTHxoStWY5h
lvl.3
United States

And this thread gets shut down by DJI in 3.....2.....1......
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

pXTHxoStWY5h Posted at 2016-10-21 05:33

DJI has made its official statement on shipping.  The  shipping thread was getting out of control and starting to get abusive and that does not go with the DJI forum rules .
And official statement has been posted about shipping and that's the latest information and there's no more to give currently.
2016-10-20
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

Well when you email onlinessales Thank you for contacting the DJI online store, they are the same pre-sales support team that you get in chat.
2016-10-20
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been a big fan of DJI for 3 years know, I've talked many people into buying there products. Closing threads, absolutely no explanation as to why our orders are delayed, it's leaving a bad taste in my mouth so to speak.
2016-10-20
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

very happy to see this forum putting a tight lid on the nonsense threads. makes this site less noisy and keeps it relevant. thank you DJI FORUM!

ooh, and...

151694.jpg
2016-10-20
Use props
davcom1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440981 ft
United Kingdom

pXTHxoStWY5h Posted at 2016-10-20 22:33

Hopefully, yes!

Everyone who has ordered wants their new quad including me and its frustrating to not have a date but too many people are getting a bit carried away, making the same old point over and over and generally being unpleasant. Its not getting anyone anywhere. We're like a bunch of spoilt kids.
2016-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-20 22:36
DJI has made its official statement on shipping.  The  shipping thread was getting out of control  ...

Well some people think they can get blood from a stone. It was giving me a headache anyway.
2016-10-20
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-10-20 17:38
I've been a big fan of DJI for 3 years know, I've talked many people into buying there products. Clo ...

Since this forum is their private forum, they have always curated the content and user base as they see fit, usually in accordance to their policies. You are just seeing it more in action right now with the increased traffic.
2016-10-20
Use props
Eldonbkh
lvl.4
United States

The Tweet is old news...
2016-10-20
Use props
GlacierShark
lvl.1

United States

The 'official statement' should be read by captain obvious in a new DJI commercial.  
2016-10-20
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-21 05:36
DJI has made its official statement on shipping.  The  shipping thread was getting out of control  ...

That is true Ken, people can't keep it civil.  But you also have to give them the benefit of doubt.  DJI have taken money and not provided an ounce of when shipments will actually start.  If DJI were to just come out and tell people what the new time frame is, I believe you would find most people would be accepting of it.  Even if you said there is a one or two month delay people could accept and move on.  But no information has been provided and that is the problem.  It's like telling a child they are being punished but not explaining why they were punished.
2016-10-20
Use props
davcom1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

groundhog day
2016-10-20
Use props
pythagoras183
lvl.2

United States

Lepus Posted at 2016-10-20 14:42
That is true Ken, people can't keep it civil.  But you also have to give them the benefit of doubt ...

At first when I read "one or two month delay" I shook my head, but you're right. If this is going to be a significant delay, they should rip that band-aid off now rather than keeping customers in the dark. The loyal and enthusiastic ones will recalibrate and wait.
2016-10-20
Use props
ctonyperry
lvl.2

United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-10-20 14:32
Tahoe Ed gave a shipping update, the new update says there is no new information.

Update, I don't think that word means what he thinks it means.
2016-10-20
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

ctonyperry@gmai Posted at 2016-10-20 16:53
Update, I don't think that word means what he thinks it means.

OK... THAT'S funny!

I am trying to stay positive, but...
I cannot, for the life of me, understand how they have no information about the product they are manufacturing. How hard could it be to clarify? Something like... "We have xxxxx units in our warehouse, but are having trouble with shipping", or "We had to stop production because of a critical problem", or anything else to be transparent with customers you have already taken money from.
The comment about "higher than expected demand" just does not hold water. Even if demand is high, that would only effect customers beyond what you have inventory for. All in all, I think they are making a big mistake by withholding information from the customers. Speculation leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate leads to the dark side (or in this case, the competition?).
I am still patiently waiting for Apple or BestBuy to receive inventory, and then buy. Untl then, MY money is safe in my savings account, earning 1%.
2016-10-20
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144039 ft

This is going to do nothing but antagonise the posters on these boards even more. I actually thought it was calming down a little in the main thread
2016-10-20
Use props
pdbim25eeT7h
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

INNOVATING the threads
2016-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Travis199 Posted at 2016-10-20 23:01
This is going to do nothing but antagonise the posters on these boards even more. I actually thought ...

“The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter.”
2016-10-20
Use props
banned
lvl.2

Germany

they shouldn't usw the word "update" as I said when this Statement got out. Statement would be OK but "update" is it just not...
Hopefully there will be some real News in one or two weeks. That DJI won't say anything why the delay is should be clear by now.
Ken and Ed: Get a good Whisky or Juice or so, I have a hard Job most times but won't Change with you at the Moment.
2016-10-20
Use props
pythagoras183
lvl.2

United States

Update: stay tuned for an update.

Still qualifies as an update, people.
2016-10-20
Use props
xarons21
lvl.1

United States

I was so hoping to continue reading the crazy in the other thread =(
2016-10-20
Use props
agentbb007
lvl.2

United States

I'm a bit confused I thought this is a Pre-Order for something not a Kickstarter...  For being an early backer do we get something special like a bumper sticker?
2016-10-20
Use props
pdbim25eeT7h
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

http://gizmodo.com/where-the-hell-is-the-dji-mavic-pro-1788030901
2016-10-20
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4
Flight distance : 354131 ft

I thought the main thread was a good thing. Sure, there was a lot of repetition, but it was a place for frustrated buyers to vent. Now it's been washed away because of a few bad apples. I think it was better to just ban the few people violating the rules (and yes, it was only a couple of people). Bummer! My hunch is you'll see a lot more random threads opened now.
2016-10-20
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

Wait, so now we don't have an outlet to talk about shipping at all?   This does make me a bit angry, and I haven't been angry yet.
2016-10-20
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

I may open the thread back up but it was out of control.  I don't like to ban people but as was stated this is DJI's forum.  
2016-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

msduncanrolltid Posted at 2016-10-20 23:23
Wait, so now we don't have an outlet to talk about shipping at all?   This does make me a bit angry, ...

Doh what are you just talking about here lol
2016-10-20
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-20 17:28
I may open the thread back up but it was out of control.  I don't like to ban people but as was stat ...

It was moving pretty fast and I've been at work all day so I might have missed some of the more salty comments in the past few hours.   

Anyway... it's healthy to have a spot to relay information, clues, hints, etc.   At least I think it is.   
2016-10-20
Use props
skermana
lvl.1

Australia

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-21 06:28
I may open the thread back up but it was out of control.  I don't like to ban people but as was stat ...

I understand that people were getting heated.

So when all the forums got merged dji made this statement
"There is a lot of discussion happening regarding issues with the shipping of Mavic orders. We in no way want to discourage discussion about this topic, but for the sake of forum content we would like to constrain the discussion to take place in one thread. Each time new information is disseminated we get a large number of new threads that contain the same information and discussions when a single thread can do the job.   "

When it got closed the update said this "We will be closing the threads dealing with Mavic shipping.  They no longer serve a purpose and some of the post are abusive to our employees and do not adhere to our rules.  Thank you for your patience."

I feel that they contradict each other
2016-10-20
Use props
davcom1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I'm not so sure its worth all the speculation.

To quote Charles Darwin - Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without speculating on why his new Mavic hasn't shipped.
2016-10-20
Use props
HFI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904990 ft
  • >>>
United States

davcom1 Posted at 2016-10-21 06:35
I'm not so sure its worth all the speculation.

To quote Charles Darwin - Man can live about forty d ...

That Darwin, he was so ahead of his time ; )
2016-10-20
Use props
glopez861
lvl.1

United States

Instead of wasting time banning people for whatever reasons and deleting threads... Use that time to contact people that actually have an update and know what is going on. Doesn't seem that tough.
2016-10-20
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Production is in full swing...

If that is an accurate statement, it tells me all I need to know. However, being humans we all like to put the most optimistic views out....and that includes DJI PR.

I don't care when I get mine. But as a drone blogger I do have interest in when they actually start shipping quantities of them and/or actually give some more detailed info. I think monday (24th) we'll know either or both...that is, they will start shipping in quantity or they will be a bit more detailed in their statements.

The good news is that if they have a small supply chain problem (say for the battery charger or something like that), the Mavics are still piling up at the rate of many thousands per day...so when they ship they will ship in bigger numbers.
2016-10-20
Use props
Jazz.fields
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82260 ft

Mane I really wanted my mavic, but guess I'll stick with my phantom. Canceling my order, I'll hold on to my cash rather than it sit in dji bank account!!!!{:4_157:}{:4_157:}
2016-10-20
Use props
3dflight
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-20 18:28

At least with that one thread you should have only had to watch one thread.  Now people are going to be posting their own threads repeatedly covering the same nonsense over and over again.  I'd say bring it back and get out the ban hammer.  Zero tolerance for spamming/bad mouthing/disrespectful posts etc.  
2016-10-20
Use props
z7BdJFqOQUAg
lvl.2

les move to Riddet
2016-10-20
Use props
z7BdJFqOQUAg
lvl.2

z7BdJFqOQUAg Posted at 2016-10-21 06:55
les move to Riddet

they will close this one but they will not have control over Riddet
2016-10-20
Use props
HjM4qzGDMUeQ
lvl.2

Probably DJI discriminate us in favor of large retailers, like Apple or best buy.

It's just a business...
2016-10-20
Use props
12345678Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules